2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

37 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Exactly my guy. Yea it looks good on the stat sheet, but at the end of the day football is played to win championships, & exactly how many of these prolific elite QB’s in today’s passing NFL have super bowls 🤔🤔🤔

The league is set up where elite QBs can and will win SBs... It's just there aren't many elite QBs around anymore. 

There's Mahomes as they new entrant... There's Russ and Rodgers... And that's about it. 

We're coming off a golden age of qb play with Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodger's leading the way... But there were also the Ben's, the Rivers, the Russ', the Ryan's, the Luck's, etc. 

When guys like Lamar, Watson, Dak, Cousins, older Ryan/Brady/Brees/Rivers/etc... When guys like that make up the next tier(s), it's definitely a far cry from where we were 5-10 years ago. 

Edited by ragevsuall17

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

613 attempts at age 42 is the 4th most attempts Brady has had in his 20 year career. Couple that with a rushing attack that averaged 3.8 ypc, no receiving threats outside of a 33 year old slot receiver, and a beat up o-line and people wonder why Brady had a year equal to his 2013 season? Lol.

Yeah... You look at our roster, and  see some hope about what kinda bounce back seasons guys like Davis and Hump can have... On top of the immense potential AJ showed as a rookie... Throw Jonnu in as a TE with serious speed... And a guy like Brady could have a resurgence of sorts. Edelman and White would really be the only skill players you'd even consider swapping for. 

Edited by ragevsuall17
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The league is set up where elite QBs can and will win SBs... It's just there aren't many elite QBs around anymore. 

There's Mahomes as they new entrant... There's Russ and Rodgers... And that's about it. 

We're coming off a golden age of qb play with Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodger's leading the way... But there were also the Ben's, the Rivers, the Russ', the Ryan's, the Luck's, etc. 

When guys like Lamar, Watson, Dak, Cousins, older Ryan/Brady/Brees/Rivers/etc... When guys like that make up the next tier(s), it's definitely a far cry from where we were 5-10 years ago. 

But all the elite QB’s have 1 Super Bowl other than Brady. Rothlisburger 1st super bowl he was a game manager, same for Russell Wilson, Eli & Payton last super bowl he wasn’t a efficient game manager & was even benched. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

But all the elite QB’s have 1 Super Bowl other than Brady. Rothlisburger 1st super bowl he was a game manager, same for Russell Wilson, Eli & Payton last super bowl he wasn’t a efficient game manager & was even benched. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Brady was also a game manager his first couple Super Bowls

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah... You look at our roster, and  see some hope about what kinda bounce back seasons guys like Davis and Hump can have... On top of the immense potential AJ showed as a rookie... Throw Jonnu in as a TE with serious speed... And a guy like Brady could have a resurgence of sorts. Edelman and White would really be the only skill players you'd even consider swapping for. 

I would love to see what our offense would look like if Delanie was back and healthy. Last time Brady had two capable TE’s in Gronk and Hernandez it was hard to stop. Delanie and Jonnu aren’t at that level but they are pretty dang good.

Brady dishing to Brown, Davis, Humphries, Delanie, Jonnu, and Firkser with Henry toting the rock...that would be crazy

Man, I really want us to work out a deal with Tannehill and move forward from there. I know it's a business, and the numbers have to work out, but I've gotten attached to him as our QB. He feels like "our guy." He revitalized his career with us, and it would just feel kinda wrong to me to not see things through with him. I guess I'm a little different from most. I always believed in his abilities going back to Miami. I just always felt like he had the goods, and he actually started proving that here. He's a guy I want to root for, and after what we started this year I want to be able to see things through with him. I don't have any hatred for Brady. Always respected the hell out of him, and think he's the GOAT. If he came here I'd embrace him as one of our own, get excited, and obviously root for his success, but there's something about continuing this run with Tannehill that gets me extra jacked up. I feel like he's our guy, and I just wanna see where things could go with him fully entrenched as THE guy going forward. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Man, I really want us to work out a deal with Tannehill and move forward from there. I know it's a business, and the numbers have to work out, but I've gotten attached to him as our QB. He feels like "our guy." He revitalized his career with us, and it would just feel kinda wrong to me to not see things through with him. I guess I'm a little different from most. I always believed in his abilities going back to Miami. I just always felt like he had the goods, and he actually started proving that here. He's a guy I want to root for, and after what we started this year I want to be able to see things through with him. I don't have any hatred for Brady. Always respected the hell out of him, and think he's the GOAT. If he came here I'd embrace him as one of our own, get excited, and obviously root for his success, but there's something about continuing this run with Tannehill that gets me extra jacked up. I feel like he's our guy, and I just wanna see where things could go with him fully entrenched as THE guy going forward. 

If he’s our guy, the Titans will pay him top dollar whatever he ask without hesitating. That’s what you do when you have a elite QB. Don’t get me wrong I like Tannehill he was very good & a efficient but he’s still a game manager & that’s how TN is going about this. Tannehill going to have to meet the titans at their #. 

12 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Humphries would seem to be in line for a big career boost (as would Jonnu) with TB12. Wonder if Brady coming would save Dion’s spot or if they go younger / cheaper there as would seem to be the plan right now. 

Anybody else thought of the possibility than Tannehill wants too much money, Tom Brady goes back to New England and we are in a position where we have to look to the draft for our future? To be honest that's a possibility I don't hate. I think this year's draft class could have some later steals at QB. The league is changing and shooting for a more athletic weapon at quarterback for the future would not be the worst option in my opinion. Either way, this is one of the better positions the Titans have been in a long time, and I like that we have all these options. The only option I don't like is paying Tannehill too much. I loved Tannehill last year, but its gonna take more than 10 games for me to be sold that he can win us a Superbowl, in a conference with Patrick Mahomes. Maybe he could be great but I am not willing to break the bank for him

Edited by twotonebluenation
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Anybody else thought of the possibility than Tannehill wants too much money, Tom Brady goes back to New England and we are in a position where we have to look to the draft for our future? To be honest that's a possibility I don't hate. I think this year's draft class could have some later steals at QB. The league is changing and shooting for a more athletic weapon at quarterback for the future would not be the worst option in my opinion. Either way, this is one of the better positions the Titans have been in a long time, and I like that we have all these options. The only option I don't like is paying Tannehill too much. I loved Tannehill last year, but its gonna take more than 10 games for me to be sold that he can win us a Superbowl, in a conference with Patrick Mahomes. Maybe he could be great but I am not willing to break the bank for him

That would be a terrible situation for us to be in.  After the top two, there's a big dropoff in quality of the QBs, and we'll do well to be picking fourth.  Plus, other than Burrow, Tua, Herbert (who I expect to all be gone) and Fromm, there aren't really any QBs in this class that aren't major, major projects.  Our staff would be ill equipped to mold one into a competent starting QB.

That and going into the draft without Tannehill or another QB, every team would know we need a QB, and would know to get in front of us if they want the next one up.  It's a bad spot to be in.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

That would be a terrible situation for us to be in.  After the top two, there's a big dropoff in quality of the QBs, and we'll do well to be picking fourth.  Plus, other than Burrow, Tua, Herbert (who I expect to all be gone) and Fromm, there aren't really any QBs in this class that aren't major, major projects.  Our staff would be ill equipped to mold one into a competent starting QB.

That and going into the draft without Tannehill or another QB, every team would know we need a QB, and would know to get in front of us if they want the next one up.  It's a bad spot to be in.

I think that there will be quarterbacks there later. I think people are sleeping on Hurts. His tape looks good and he looked good at the combine. There are never anymore than 3 "Major Prospects QBs" in any draft. You can get competent quarterbacks later. I wouldnt call it a terrible situation. I think paying big for Tannehill then having him go back to his Miami self is a bad look, which is possible. Ideally he comes back without breaking the bank, but I dont see that happening. He needs more weapons for us to win a superbowl. And honeslty i will believe the Brady thing when it happens. I am not sold on that, things can change real quick in free agency.