2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

21 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I can’t even make out if that’s Vrabel or not

I don't know. Sure looked like Vrabs to me. With as sensitive as this deal is though and the way Tom goes about his business, it seems a little strange that he'd be Facetiming Vrabel in the middle of a UNC basketball game.

1 minute ago, SerenityNow said:

I don't know. Sure looked like Vrabs to me. With as sensitive as this deal is though and the way Tom goes about his business, it seems a little strange that he'd be Facetiming Vrabel in the middle of a UNC basketball game.

Rewatching it 10 times it does sort of appear to be him

55 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Odds @titans0021 has to ban himself if we sign Brady?

Can't wait to watch the Brady haters meltdown.

Dude had 2 WR's on the wrong side of 30, another 2 WR's who were kicked off the team because their heads weren't screwed on, a rookie WR who grasped the playbook as well as Taywan Taylor and couldn't separate, a 40 year old TE as his #1 TE, a rushing attack that averaged 3.8 ypc, an average at best o-line that got beat up on top of it, and he still throws for 4000 yards and a 3-1 TD/INT ratio.

Edited by dtait93

24 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Can't wait to watch the Brady haters meltdown.

Dude had 2 WR's on the wrong side of 30, another 2 WR's who were kicked off the team because their heads weren't screwed on, a rookie WR who grasped the playbook as well as Taywan Taylor and couldn't separate, a 40 year old TE as his #1 TE, a rushing attack that averaged 3.8 ypc, an average at best o-line that got beat up on top of it, and he still throws for 4000 yards and a 3-1 TD/INT ratio.

To piggy back off of this...did his YPA and completion percentage in games 1-9 go from 7.14 and 64.7% to 5.89 and 55.4% in games 10-16 because his arm died? Or did it become apparent to defenses to crowd the line and play man because his receivers couldn't separate and couldn't threaten deep?

So I just did a mock on the draft network simulator. This is what I got... 

1. Zack Baun. YGM and T Lewis were both available... But I think Baun is exactly the type of defender Vrabel loves. Smart, insane motor, and versatile. The fit is almost too perfect 

2. AJ Terrell. An ideal scenario, as he not only has 1st round talent, but also comes at a position of need. There was no hesitation with this pick. 

3. Cam Akers. I wasn't looking for a RB at this stage (RT would have been my pick), but he was the best available by a long shot. I fully expect Henry to be resigned, but in the 3rd round, we find a valuable insurance policy for our workhorse. 

5.  Quintez Cephus - With RT the only position of real need left, the draft just didn't go how I wanted there. There's just been no value or close to it with a reach. So I add a developmental WR who can be a deep ball threat to start, and could be capable of earning a starting role in a year or 2 if/when Davis leaves vía FA. 

6. Jordan Fuller - A versatile Buckeye DB. Could be a sneaky good depth pick 

7.Steven Montez - A developmental qb... Ideal size, excellent athleticism, monster arm, and is from my hometown, so why not. He's your typical one read QB, who could develop the mental aspect of his game under Brady. PS type player early on. 

7. Jon Runyan - Finally got our RT. Legacy pick. His dad was great for us as a 4th rounder. Maybe we can strike gold twice with his son. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again Jack is gone

Need to just use the franchise tag on him. As I've said, if you're going the route of Brady and stupidly paying an RB a ton of money, then go all in with it. The window with Brady is at absolute best 2 years, and likely only 1 year.

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Need to just use the franchise tag on him. As I've said, if you're going the route of Brady and stupidly paying an RB a ton of money, then go all in with it. The window with Brady is at absolute best 2 years, and likely only 1 year.

Dunno. 

I guess it's not that simple. And do they want him? Maybe they feel like they can get another guy in the draft or don't feel like they need to pay for a RT.

Keep in mind Conklin was viewed as excellent his rookie year. So, what if the mindset is that we can go young there and still get what we need. 

Me personally. I hate drafting an OL early. I'd rather pay for one. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Dunno. 

I guess it's not that simple. And do they want him? Maybe they feel like they can get another guy in the draft or don't feel like they need to pay for a RT.

Keep in mind Conklin was viewed as excellent his rookie year. So, what if the mindset is that we can go young there and still get what we need. 

Me personally. I hate drafting an OL early. I'd rather pay for one. 

I think we could get Dennis Kelly for way cheaper and still get good production 

Then have that flexibility to draft a RT some where in the middle of the draft 

• Like 1