2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

53 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

But 3 sacks? Come on now 

I think pressures indicate future success more than sacks. Landry had like 9 sacks and it seemed like he rarely pressured the QB. 

I want someone who is influencing the pass on as many snaps as possible. Even if it's the QB escaping and throwing it away. Not worried as much about the 9 out of 1000 snaps that he affected the pass by getting credited with a sack.

This is pass/rush win rate though, and I'm not sure how they determine a win. 

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think pressures indicate future success more than sacks. Landry had like 9 sacks and it seemed like he rarely pressured the QB. 

I want someone who is influencing the pass on as many snaps as possible. Even if it's the QB escaping and throwing it away. Not worried as much about the 9 out of 1000 snaps that he affected the pass by getting credited with a sack.

This is pass/rush win rate though, and I'm not sure how they determine a win. 

I don’t know tbh but surely if you’re in the top 10 in this category or even pressures, you should have more than just a lousy 3 sacks. 

Okay 2 things I will say Tannehill has better than brady, arm strength & mobility. Brady however is more accurate & higher IQ, he can read the whole field. Yes Tannehill was more accurate Than Brady this year, but that’s because Tannehill attempt less passes, played behind an elite RB had the better OL & weapons at his dispose. Brady at this point isn’t elite far as he can carry a franchise on his arm, but put in the right position like Tannehill was leaving Mia to TN he can still win games at high level With a talented supporting cast

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t know tbh but surely if you’re in the top 10 in this category or even pressures, you should have more than just a lousy 3 sacks. 

I agree with that sentiment. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Maybe he doesn't have a lot of pressures either? I know he's always been a great run defender and kinda an average pass rusher. He did have 18.5 sacks in the two years prior though.

He's not in the Miller/Mack tier for sure.

Edited by TitanSS

41 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Again not a college guy 

But what’s people’s feelings on Hurts? 

Is he a guy the Titans should target in rounds 2 or 3 if he’s there

Nope. 

Word is at the Senior Bowl he has looked bad outside of the Riley system.

33 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

So who are the guys outside of Burrow and Tua that the Titans should target?

Does the kid from Washington fall to the 3rd?

Again no matter who the QB is this year the Titans don’t have to take a guy this year

Titans will still obviously have to find a backup though 

I really like Jordan Love from Utah State, big arm & mobile. He was a 2/3 rounder in most mocks I saw but seems he is quickly moving up boards at the senior bowl 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

But what’s people’s feelings on Hurts? 

Middle rounds. I wouldn’t hate it. He’s limited as a passer and short.

31 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

So who are the guys outside of Burrow and Tua that the Titans should target?

Does the kid from Washington fall to the 3rd?

Ideally, the Titans take the QB that falls. Better to think of it as a long term backup or an investment in a trade than reaching for a starter when Tanny might work out.

If Eason were to fall to the Titans’ pick in the second, I wouldn’t hate it. I think it’s very unlikely he makes it to round 3.

Herbert is in that conversation theoretically. I don’t like him, but if by some miracle he fell to the bottom of the second, sure, take him.

Other than that, I can’t think of anyone I’ve watched thoroughly enough that I have an opinion that’s not post round 4.