2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Thought more people would jump on this... But this speaks to his character and leadership. It's what helped Brady become who he is... And why the argument that a RB is not worth much is failing in this scenario. Henry is much more than just a RB. Zeke and Gurley were never seen as team leaders, worth as much in the locker room and in the PR area as they were on the field. 

In an age where everyone wants to test the market and get every last dollar... Henry's saying he's willing to take less than what the market dictates to stay with the team he loves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Thought more people would jump on this... But this speaks to his character and leadership. It's what helped Brady become who he is... And why the argument that a RB is not worth much is failing in this scenario. Henry is much more than just a RB. Zeke and Gurley were never seen as team leaders, worth as much in the locker room and in the PR area as they were on the field. 

In an age where everyone wants to test the market and get every last dollar... Henry's saying he's willing to take less than what the market dictates to stay with the team he loves. 

But the analytics, Rage, the analytics 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

A true man of the people.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

A RB still isn't worth as much, but if he's willing to not get top dollar to stay here it increases his chances of being retained. Or at least of it being worth it. I don't think the staff let's him go. 

Who is your replacement for Henry

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Who is your replacement for Henry

That's not my argument. If you don't have a replacement for someone you just pay them any amount regardless of what their actual value is?

I do not have specific person in kind nor should that change the original argument.

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That's not my argument. If you don't have a replacement for someone you just pay them any amount regardless of what their actual value is?

I do not have specific person in kind nor should that change the original argument.

It does play a factor. That's where leverage comes into play for any contract. 

Example why would you resign someone likes Austin Johnson if you feel you can get the same production out of Mack. 

If you didn't have a realistic option at QB then you pay extra or whatever to keep Tanny. If Marcus was the top QB on the market he could name his price. Regardless of what he might actually be worth. That's the very backbone of FA. How bad does the team need the player and can they get anyone else?

Remember when Vikings needed someone when teddy went down and they paid a first rounder for Sam Bradford. 

So yes, it is important in negotiations if you have a suitable back up plan otherwise why even negotiate? 

So again what is your plan since you don't want to pay to bring him back?

You just gonna roll with Dawkins? Draft someone early or bet on a low round pick?  You gonna trade for a restricted free agent like Bireda? Fluellen?

But a replacement plan is very crucial. So I disagree with that 10000%. 

Same with Tanny. If not him who? Just gonna bring Marcus back? Winston? Rivers Tom? What's the plan if we don't want to play Tanny. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

It does play a factor. That's where leverage comes into play for any contract. 

Example why would you resign someone likes Austin Johnson if you feel you can get the same production out of Mack. 

If you didn't have a realistic option at QB then you pay extra or whatever to keep Tanny. If Marcus was the top QB on the market her could name his price. 

Remember when Vikings needed someone when teddy went down and they paid a first rounder for Sam Bradford. 

So yes, it is important in negotiations if you have a suitable back up plan otherwise why even negotiate? 

So again what is your plan since you don't want to pay to bring him back?

You just gonna roll with Dawkins? Draft someone early or bet on a low round pick?  You gonna trade for a restricted free agent like Bireda? Fluellen?

But a replacement plan is very crucial. So I disagree with that 10000%. 

Same with Tanny. If not him who? Just gonna bring Marcus back? Winston? Rivers Tom? What's the plan if we don't want to play Tanny. 

QB and RB are a different story, but even so, if Tannehill demanded a ridiculous contract and Brady/Brees are off the table do we just pay him anything? I think most would say no despite it being the most important position. There is a price point at what each player is worth.

Honestly, I'd probably roll with a 2nd/3rd round pick and a free agent. Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, DeAndre Swift would all be nice. There are other options behind them as well if they are all off the table. There are a number of free agents that will be fairly cheap because of the position. Will the Niners tender Breida with him being their #3 RB this season? Idk but he seems like he would be a good guy to pair with a rookie.

All of that aside, I wouldn't give Henry a ridiculous contract just because I don't have a set in stone replacement. That's how you get a Zeke contract.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

That's how you get a Zeke contract.

🤦🏽‍♂️ Zeke contract again comes as an extension he had 2years left on his deal & he was a 4th overall pick & again 1 can argue the Cowboys have the talent top to bottom to compete for a championship the problem is their owner & coaching. You don’t give a RB big money when you have a Pat Mahomes a Aaron Rodgers a Brady at QB. A QB your offensive system starts with & can win you games off arm talent alone. We don’t have that I’m sorry we’re a run 1st team who’s passing game is predicated off play action.

53 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

🤦🏽‍♂️ Zeke contract again comes as an extension he had 2years left on his deal & he was a 4th overall pick & again 1 can argue the Cowboys have the talent top to bottom to compete for a championship the problem is their owner & coaching. You don’t give a RB big money when you have a Pat Mahomes a Aaron Rodgers a Brady at QB. A QB your offensive system starts with & can win you games off arm talent alone. We don’t have that I’m sorry we’re a run 1st team who’s passing game is predicated off play action.

Actually Nvm xD 

Edited by dtait93

4 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

What is everyones feelings on Malcolm Butler? I wonder if he can come back and be reliable for us. We need to look into some corner options also if we lose Logan. I wonder how expensive Chris Harris would be.

Butler was great this year when he was playing.  Logan will be tough to replace, but Amani Hooker was looked at as a slot DB himself.  He looked good in the time he spent on the field, and should be better next season.  It'll be a downgrade for sure, but if it saves $10 million, you can't complain too much.  We'll need corners either way because Leshaun Sims is also a free agent, and fourth corners play quite a bit.

That said, I'd still like to see him re-signed if they can do it for not a ton of money.

Edited by Daniel

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Yes. And it has been proven time and time again that you don't need a top running game for play-action to work. That's not how it works.

Now they lose a top WR or CB, significantly more important, in favor of a RB.