2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Even better, though some people are coming up with 3.1 like you

Sport trac says 3.583 when you click on his name at the bottom he’s getting 31500 per game roster bonus 500000 total 

Edited by Adamc89

8 minutes ago, Adamc89 said:

Sport trac says 3.583 when you click on his name at the bottom he’s getting 31500 per game roster bonus 500000 total 

Yeah, I didn’t really know if the roster bonuses were coming Year 1. Still a great structure. Starting RT for under 3.5, if it doesn’t go well or you draft his replacement, easy out after one year.

• Like 1

Kuharsky is a moron, can't do simple math. 

Kelley was initially reported at 21M over 3, so the 17M confirmed # is much better and right in line with what I expected his value to be. 

3.5 M cap hit this year

6.5M next year or they can cut him and save 3.5M... Just shows we can get out of this after a year if it doesn't work out, and we don't want to account for 6.5M for a backup/swing tackle. 

Pretty great deal by JRob for a potential starter in 2020. We got a value starter if he wins and keeps the job, a valuable backup if they decide to keep him after this year, or a contract that's easy to get out of if necessary. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

There has to be another shoe to drop on the Casey trade 

If we get Clowney cheaper and shorter than most expected do the Titans then try to resign Logan Ryan?

I don't think we're in the Clowney hunt.  If his price tag is anything close to $20 million, that puts us in cap hell yet again.  5-6 million barely covers signing rookies, much less all the depth we need.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think we're in the Clowney hunt.  If his price tag is anything close to $20 million, that puts us in cap hell yet again.  5-6 million barely covers signing rookies, much less all the depth we need.

To continue this thought, if Seattle can’t acquire Ngouke from Jacksonville I’d expect them to go after Clowney harder

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Even at $20 million per (it won’t be), his 2020 cap hit probably would be around $14 million.

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Even at $20 million per (it won’t be), his 2020 cap hit probably would be around $14 million.

True.

We still need a lot of replacement depth though.  As big a splash as Clowney would mean really having to get everyone else on a tight budget.  And we need a lot of depth.

It would also make the Beasley signing kind of bad, because then we could have just kept Casey and only signed Clowney.  Instead, we'd be trading Casey, a leader in the lokerroom, fan favorite, and all around good reliable player, for a third pass rusher.  And that doesn't seem like a JRob move.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seattle is even closer to the cap then we are...

I’m sure they can get creative. If they’re going for Ngouke who wants a new contract and would be more expensive they’ll be able to afford Clowney

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I’m sure they can get creative. If they’re going for Ngouke who wants a new contract and would be more expensive they’ll be able to afford Clowney

So your logic is Seattle can get creative and afford him even though they're closer to the cap. But the Titans would be in cap hell if we signed him? That makes zero sense.

Apologies I miss read and though it was you who said that. 

Edited by lovetitans

Just now, lovetitans said:

So your logic is Seattle can get creative and afford him even though they're closer to the cap. But the Titans would be in cap hell if we signed him? That makes zero sense.

I mean, we can always cut or trade more good players, but dumping good players is generally frowned upon.