Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Clark vs. Ford there’s no contest who the better player is IMO.   Clark is a 2-way player who plays all 3 downs.   Ford is saved almost exclusively for pass rush.  

Here’s the thing though - SF only needs him to be that pass rush guy that brings elite speed around the edge.   By putting Armstead inside and Bosa elsewhere (or sometimes with Ford lol), it creates mismatches at multiple spots and no easy help solution.   As a result, Ford’s impact in pass rush is just as great for SF as Clark is for KC.   The impact on run D isn’t a contest.  

Clark is a huge reason why KC’s D is so vastly improved (secondary the other).    But it’s still nowhere close to SF’s level of dominance.   The rest of that front 7 is such an elite unit.   Which is good given how awesome Mahomes & the O are.   Can’t wait to see this matchup go down. 

It’s gonna be such a good game.

like the Chiefs vs Rams game last year. Only the Chiefs defense is much better this time around.

33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Clark vs. Ford there’s no contest who the better player is IMO.   Clark is a 2-way player who plays all 3 downs.   Ford is saved almost exclusively for pass rush.  

Here’s the thing though - SF only needs him to be that pass rush guy that brings elite speed around the edge.   By putting Armstead inside and Bosa elsewhere (or sometimes with Ford lol), it creates mismatches at multiple spots and no easy help solution.   As a result, Ford’s impact in pass rush is just as great for SF as Clark is for KC.   The impact on run D isn’t a contest.  

Clark is a huge reason why KC’s D is so vastly improved (secondary the other).    But it’s still nowhere close to SF’s level of dominance.   The rest of that front 7 is such an elite unit.   Which is good given how awesome Mahomes & the O are.   Can’t wait to see this matchup go down. 

Thats why I take Dee Ford over Clark Ford makes our pass rush sooo ******* good

10 minutes ago, Howler said:

Call me crazy, but the niners can't win this game if it gets in the 30s.

What about if it gets into the 40's? ya know.. like it did in the SuperDome when Jimmy had a 

sf.png&h=100&w=100San Francisco Passing
  C/ATT YDS TD INT SACKS QBR
J. Garoppolo 26/35 349 4 1 3-30 72.2

stat-line in a 48-46 win? :P 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Thats why I take Dee Ford over Clark Ford makes our pass rush sooo ******* good

I think Clark would be effective on our line as well, but I'm very happy with Ford, and between the two.. Clark seems like such a nasty punk. Rather not have those on the team, all things being pretty equal. 

12 minutes ago, Howler said:

I actually don't understand this. Do people not realize that the 49ers scored the second most points in the NFL this year and were top 5 in offensive points per drive? This offense is 100% legit, no matter how "unsexy" it is. They put up nearly 50 in order to beat the Saints in the superdome. 

They were not as hyper efficient as the Ravens / Chiefs / Saints, but it's a damn good offense. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Howler said:

Didn’t they beat the Saints 48-46? Wasn’t Kyle’s 2016 Atlanta Offense one of the best of all time by a country mile? Kyle is amazing and an offensive genius. This is an ignorant statement. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually don't understand this. Do people not realize that the 49ers scored the second most points in the NFL this year and were top 5 in offensive points per drive? This offense is 100% legit, no matter how "unsexy" it is. They put up nearly 50 in order to beat the Saints in the superdome. 

They were not as hyper efficient as the Ravens / Chiefs / Saints, but it's a damn good offense. 

SF has a very adaptable O.   If they have a lead to protect they just pound it.  If they have to play catch-up then Kittle, Deebo and Sanders get a ton of work.   In the latter situation though a lot more depends on JimmyG.  But we’ve seen it several times this year and in really hostile situations.   

• Like 3