Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks and Rams in particular all lost in ways that hurt them beyond just that game. Seattle finally coming back to life, Rams only a year removed but still. 

Yep. And there are money issues looming. Also, being built through a defense isn't typically a strong, long term strategy for remaining at the top

• Like 5

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks and Rams in particular all lost in ways that hurt them beyond just that game. Seattle finally coming back to life, Rams only a year removed but still. 

That's because of organizational failure more than anything else. The assumption being that you only need to tweak 1-2 things to get back to the Super Bowl, when it's a brand new season on the horizon and you have to prepare for that season, not the one you just played.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Didn't he just have 100+ rushing yards, a receiving and 2 rushing TD's?

He had a total of 133 yards, 1 Rush and 1 receiving TD. Mahomes had 3 Total TDs, had as many rushing yards as Williams had receiving yards. You can’t say Mahomes didn’t deserve this. Same applies to Williams

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Playing not to lose Kyle. When will coaches learn? Kills you every time. Wish we had the Doug Pederson attitude.

Doug Pederson had Nick Foles who had balls of steel.  Guy was throwing the football all over the yard.  Jimmy G is a backup caliber QB.  I think Shanahan did as much as he could with a QB like that.

Plus, I think too much is getting put on him.  The defense gave up 21 points in 7 minutes.  To me, this is more on them than it is the offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hukos said:

That's because of organizational failure more than anything else. The assumption being that you only need to tweak 1-2 things to get back to the Super Bowl, when it's a brand new season on the horizon and you have to prepare for that season, not the one you just played.

True. It’s why New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans and Baltimore(to an extent) are the only teams who compete year after year outside of unforeseen circumstances. 

San Francisco has to see if Jimmy G’s arm can carry them to the promise land. No one in this thread had faith in him late in that game. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

San Francisco has to see if Jimmy G’s arm can carry them to the promise land. No one in this thread had faith in him late in that game. 

Sadly, I had more faith in him being able to do it than I did the defense. Frightening