Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He played from behind plenty to end the season.

Bootlegs have been the way to have success against this defense, but that was when the defense was undermanned. With Alexander and Ford back, the speed of the defense is much different and the defense is ready for that. 

The way to beat this defense is to have a good OL which the Chiefs have and have the opposing QB play a disciplined game taking the underneath stuff until something opens up down the field. More times than none this defense will not blitz and drop seven in coverage. Trying to just go for the big play is not going to work. The Chiefs have no running threat at all but they kind of mitigate that with all the quick screens and passes they throw. Last season they KILLED the Niners off screens and quick hitters to start the game. That's one way to slow down the pass rush. I will say, our DL depth is pretty much obsolete at this point so if the starters get tired, that is a big advantage for the Chiefs. There is a risk going uptempo, but I do think Reid goes with that in big stretches of the game. 

Correct me if I'm wrong the only time he was down more than one score was vs. Atlanta...and we know how that ended.

Tyreek Hill can get behind any coverage and Mahomes has the arm to accomodate. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong the only time he was down more than one score was vs. Atlanta...and we know how that ended.

Tyreek Hill can get behind any coverage and Mahomes has the arm to accomodate. 

No, he was down multiple scores against the Saints, Seahawks (first meeting), Cardinals and Rams. Was never behind the Falcons. 

Hill and the boys can definitely get behind any coverage no doubt. But Niners also play coverage to take away the deep ball. Doesn't mean it is impossible to get something down the field, but there is a reason the Niners allowed the least amount of 20+ yard passing plays in the game. 

• Like 1

Great SB matchup. Both teams are there deservedly. The 49ers might have the best overall team, but the Chiefs have the best player at the best position. I feel like the 49ers defense isn't as battle tested as we think. I think Mahomes exposes that secondary. He is playing at a better level than Rodgers' in '11 and Flacco in '13 playoffs and those performances were off the charts. If he works the pocket and makes plays running the ball like he has been, I don't see the 49ers keeping up.

With that said, it's anyone's game.... 

I haven’t been this excited for a Super Bowl since 50, when my team was in it. 

The question is will it be the best team or team with the best player?

The Niners are SO well-balanced and their run game is so ferocious that it’s going to take a performance for the ages by Maholmes for KC to win. And I don’t put it past Maholmes to turn in a performance for the ages. 

It might change in two weeks but right now my gut says SF 27, KC 23 in an instant classic. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

41 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

And why is this, Oldman?  What did have v. greenbay, 8 passes? 

You go with what works and if they want to run v. Chiefs I think they can because packers defense is better v run than chiefs;.

Well, KC likely won't just stay in the same front like the Packers and Vikings did. They will almost certainly load it forcing Jimmy G to pass. But that's fine, the Niners have enough weapons to take advantage of that. Will come down to how the OL holds up against Jones/Clark and if Jimmy can play a clean game. I'd put the over/under in terms of passes for Jimmy G at 29.5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Jimmy Garoppolo will have at least two interceptions in this game.  

The defensive line for Kansas City is going to stop the run, so he'll be forced to pass the ball on a lot of possessions.   

The running game is not going to work with KC's defensive line, which is the best aspect of their defense.  

San Francisco's front four will get to Mahomes at least three times.  Mahomes is one of the least sacked QBs in the league, but San Fran's defense has been outstanding.  

Mahomes will probably have at least 3 TDs, so the offense is not going to be a problem.  

I think the key for Kansas City is to force Garroppolo to throw enough, and if they can do that, they may come out on top.  

This whole season he's only thrown 2 picks 3 times. He's great with the football. I doubt he throws 2 picks.

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

yet another player that can't control his ego /yap . The 49ers will be waiting;)

and people made a big deal out of a player using the F at one time, and here it is now being used frequently.  

Yeah Clark was extra on this one. Probably had a ton of bums coming at him on Twitter after the Henry quote though so I don't really blame him. Also didn't like him kinda indrectly talking about Dee Ford and the offsides this week. Don't give that bum any motivation.

But, if he plays in the SB like he did these past 2 games, none of that will matter. Dude is a gamer.

So, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly (and I always do) I am led to believe that any team that gets rid of Alex Smith is going to be in the next SB.

Washington v Utah, confirmed. Should be a close game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly (and I always do) I am led to believe that any team that gets rid of Alex Smith is going to be in the next SB.

Washington v Utah, confirmed. Should be a close game.

Thats my guy. We need to get hm fitted for a ring along with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bill O'Brien. Dude is a QB whisperer in his own right. He's saving Haskins from being a bust.

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39277/dwayne-haskins-has-found-a-trusted-mentor-in-alex-smith

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Yeah Clark was extra on this one. Probably had a ton of bums coming at him on Twitter after the Henry quote though so I don't really blame him. Also didn't like him kinda indrectly talking about Dee Ford and the offsides this week. Don't give that bum any motivation.

But, if he plays in the SB like he did these past 2 games, none of that will matter. Dude is a gamer.

I don't pay attention to social media, but it's an outlet for todays players by the looks of it.  It does add fuel to the fire , so it ain't all bad is it :$.

Do you prefer Clarks play over Fords?

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I don't pay attention to social media, but it's an outlet for todays players by the looks of it.  It does add fuel to the fire , so it ain't all bad is it :$.

Do you prefer Clarks play over Fords?

By a mile. Clark is way better against the run and doesn't take plays off like Ford. Also seems way more reliable to scheme around in general. Ford is better in coverage but thats it, and it's not something we need out of our main pass rusher with the 4-2-5 defense we run.

Niners defense has Bosa, who may or may not be able to get to Mahomes effectively. I anticipate a lot of doubling up to stop him if he becomes a problem early on... Sherman in the backfield, whom Hill will have no problem outrunning at some point in the game. They also have Hardman and Watkins, who will give the Niners' secondary a real challenge. The Niner defensive line will need to apply pressure quickly to Mahomes and force the quick pass to limit the damage Mahomes will do downfield when his receivers inevitably get open.

Niners have a better defense, but it's not going to stop Mahomes and company.

34-27, KC.