Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Yes, Mathieu could play any position on defense besides NT and help your team win games. He's a very special player.

I'd love to see how far Lane Johnson would Toss Mr. Badger if he's capable of doing this to Von Miller. Just saying, Stop!

Watch "Quick clip of von miller getting thrown on the ground by lane Johnson" on YouTube https://youtu.be/f4w7xM3hDio

7 hours ago, Magnifico said:

If the Chiefs can limit the run game I think they win the game. It's a huge if hence why I voted for the 49ers.

The 49ers will stop the Chiefs offense humming along as nice as they have been more than they should, but the ability to put up points in quick flash 1-2 minutes is ridiculous. Especially against Zone defence.

• What's the strengths/weaknesses of the Chiefs OL versus Niners DL matchup?
  • How will the 49ers DB's do against all that speed? Isn't #2/#3 CB the weakness of the defence? Sherman's definitely not following Hill is he?

From the Chiefs side of these questions:

Our OL is above average, particularly in pass pro. It's a more agile, less strong, kind of OL, so they won't hold up well in run blocking. They'll need screens, misdirection, etc., to get much going from the run game or RBs. But in pass pro they have some strong players. We're best outside, where Fisher and Schwartz are a very good tackle duo. LDT has been coming back on at RG, and Wisniewski has been a big upgrade over Wylie at LG. Reiter at C is the main weakness, there. I don't know much about how exactly San Fran lines up, alignment-wise. I would trust Schwartz against anyone, even Bosa. Bosa could definitely get the best of Fisher, though. I'd worry if Reiter winds up one on one against Thomas or Buckner often, as well.

For the DBs, I think the only way they beat us there is if the pass rush gets home. Kelce and Mahomes are way too good at diagnosing and picking apart zone defenses. You need to man up against us and hope the pass rush prevents the speed from winning on long developing plays. If San Fran has Sherman follow Hill, they're fools. The speed gap there is enormous. Sherman is more physical, but that's the kind of battle where if Sherman wins the press 4 times out of 5, that means Hill is speeding by him enough to make them pay. In particular, Sherman versus Hill in the slot is a bad matchup for Sherman.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

From the Chiefs side of these questions:

Our OL is above average, particularly in pass pro. It's a more agile, less strong, kind of OL, so they won't hold up well in run blocking. They'll need screens, misdirection, etc., to get much going from the run game or RBs. But in pass pro they have some strong players. We're best outside, where Fisher and Schwartz are a very good tackle duo. LDT has been coming back on at RG, and Wisniewski has been a big upgrade over Wylie at LG. Reiter at C is the main weakness, there. I don't know much about how exactly San Fran lines up, alignment-wise. I would trust Schwartz against anyone, even Bosa. Bosa could definitely get the best of Fisher, though. I'd worry if Reiter winds up one on one against Thomas or Buckner often, as well.

For the DBs, I think the only way they beat us there is if the pass rush gets home. Kelce and Mahomes are way too good at diagnosing and picking apart zone defenses. You need to man up against us and hope the pass rush prevents the speed from winning on long developing plays. If San Fran has Sherman follow Hill, they're fools. The speed gap there is enormous. Sherman is more physical, but that's the kind of battle where if Sherman wins the press 4 times out of 5, that means Hill is speeding by him enough to make them pay. In particular, Sherman versus Hill in the slot is a bad matchup for Sherman.

As basic and unsophisticated as it sounds, the battle between SF's DLine and KC's oline is really what will dictate the Super Bowl. I agree with you that if the Chief's oline/Mahomes channeling his inner Wilson can get some time that SF's secondary can't cover their speed/options (We saw that when Ford was out). The 49ers still have the weapons to beat the Chiefs in a track meet but its much harder to win a game like that against Mahomes.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 9:53 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I will never root for Tyreek Hill in anything except for him to get injured (and he's the only player I feel that way about). 

Go Bosa!!

Why do you feel this way towards Hill?  Just curious...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/20/49ers-shanahan-explains-revisits-super-bowl-collapse-with-falcons/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I've seen a lot of Falcons fans put all the blame on Shanahan for costing the Falcons a championship for not running the ball. Kyle doesn't seem to have ever bought into that narrative.

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:
1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Lane wouldn't even get his hands on him. Tyrann is too fast.

Wow what are the chiefs doing not lining up Tyrann?!

He could be getting 20 sacks!!

Apparently Kirill is way Smarter then the Average Bear? It's not like Spags knows how to properly use DE's? If only he saw the light We might of witnessed the single season Sack Record broken by Mathieu? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So are we counting Warriors as both SF/Oak? Because they played in Oakland for both those championships. And before the 2015-2016 season, 70% of those 49er fans were either Kings or Laker fans. No joke. 

I mean bandwagon fans is irrelevant. And yes I count them as both because they are the only NBA team in that area. (I consider Sacramento separate from the Bay Area) 

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1