Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Sure but no shame in that. But if he was playing the Chiefs with a 10 point lead then he’s walking out with the super bowl trophy 

And if shanny were coaching against BB today, he would have won 38-0. 

We can both just make up random, unprovable stuff. Fun!

Just now, stl4life07 said:

In all seriousness the Niners and the Chiefs will be here for the long run so its not the end of the world for the Niners. Its tough I know because as a Rams fan it was tough last year but once the offseason comes and the new season gets closer the Niners will be back ready to make another Superbowl run. Again Im happy for Reid because he deserved it. Its been a long time coming. Kyle will eventually get his because he is too good of a coach to not win a championship one year. 

I don't know about that.  I think the Chiefs will be contenders for the forseeable future because of Mahomes.  The Niners are really up in the air.  The Niners are pretty similar to the Seahawks who won the SB years ago, except they're not as good.  It's only a matter of time before contracts come into play, players get older, etc.  If Jimmy G is the QB they're set on, there's a very real chance they could never make it back again.

Seattle had an elite defense, but over the years that starts to fade.  They would have been a 2-4 win team, but they got fortunate Wilson turned out to be an elite QB.

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Mahomes spent most of the game giving it to SF.

That's the frustrating part. He wasn't on his gm tonite(for about 3.5 qtrs) and we had our chances. This was a great season and great team. Sucks they will get lost in the wind by losing the SB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He threw two picks, doe.

Chiefs should cut him, tomorrow.    

Please do. I will do horrible thing to get him in Pittsburgh. Feels like early Ben when it didn't matter if you were losing he was gonna will you to a victory and eventually a Super Bowl.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Williams was averaging like 3.9 YPC before that long run. 

And I mean Mahomes finished with a very pedestrian stat line and 2 (bad) INT's. Williams sealed the game when it mattered most, and so did Mahomes with the Hill completion. Guess they just felt it would be "more recognition" to go to Mahomes rather than a guy like Williams. Idk.

If you wanna give it to the guy who was the most dominant all game it would've been Chris Jones, but we all know that can't happen.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And I mean Mahomes finished with a very pedestrian stat line and 2 (bad) INT's. Williams sealed the game when it mattered most, and so did Mahomes with the Hill completion. Guess they just felt it would be "more recognition" to go to Mahomes rather than a guy like Williams. Idk.

If you wanna give it to the guy who was the most dominant all game it would've been Chris Jones, but we all know that can't happen.

I agree with that. Jones' play on D turned the game around.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

He is one of the best coaches in the NFL.  The Niners scored 20 in the SB without a quality QB.  That's pretty good.  This so called elite defense gave up 21 points in the last 7 minutes of the game.  Why is that on Shanahan?  Jimmy G handicaps their offense so much, the guy is a genius for being able to do what he does with a QB like that.

I think you are missing my point. The Niners are suppose to have one of the best running teams in the NFL and they were going up against one of the worst running defenses in the NFL. That lets me know if your team has a 10pt lead later in the 4th quarter its exactly where a brilliant coach wants to be with his offense. I could understand if they were down by 10pts where they might have to go away from the run and throw more then you have a point. I just think both Superbowls Kyle had the opposing team right where he wanted them and he fail to deliver. Yes the defense played a part in it too because they couldnt make stops but again Kyle suppose to be a brilliant offensive mind. He suppose to have a dominant running team against a Chiefs team that struggles to stop the run. They paid Jimmy G all that money because they believe in him for moments like this just like he came through when the team needed him against the Saints Week 15 and against the Rams Week 16 and in both meetings against the Cards. So just a football fan in general sitting back and just expecting the Kyle not to blow another double digit lead in the Superbowl and he did. Thats all Im saying.