Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, kempus said:

Super Bowl champions. I didn't think I'd ever hear that. Great game, Niners. You guys were incredible for 3 1/2 quarters. 

What a feeling. How bout dem Chiefs!

You're a Chiefs fan?! Who knew. But you know what. Screw you. Spurs -housed a win against City today so I hate you!

• Like 1

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I think you are missing my point. The Niners are suppose to have one of the best running teams in the NFL and they were going up against one of the worst running defenses in the NFL. That lets me know if your team has a 10pt lead later in the 4th quarter its exactly where a brilliant coach wants to be with his offense. I could understand if they were down by 10pts where they might have to go away from the run and throw more then you have a point. I just think both Superbowls Kyle had the opposing team right where he wanted them and he fail to deliver. Yes the defense played a part in it too because they couldnt make stops but again Kyle suppose to be a brilliant offensive mind. He suppose to have a dominant running team against a Chiefs team that struggles to stop the run. They paid Jimmy G all that money because they believe in him for moments like this just like he came through when the team needed him against the Saints Week 15 and against the Rams Week 16 and in both meetings against the Cards. So just a football fan in general sitting back and just expecting the Kyle not to blow another double digit lead in the Superbowl and he did. Thats all Im saying.   

He did run the ball, though didn't he?  I remember some runs in the second half that didn't get much yardage, so the Niners were forced into 2nd or 3rd and long-ish (5 yards or more) situations.  I could be wrong about that.

Who was the person who agreed to pay Jimmy G all of that money on the Niners?  Was that Shanahan who pushed for that?  If so, then that was a questionable decision by him.

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thats at least why I respect a guy like aceinthehouse.     He is a blind homer, but takes his lumps for his ridiculous predictions.

Kirill is a bandwagon homer who wouldve disappeared like a fart in the wind if the Chiefs had lost.   

Guy was nowhere to be found when they were down 20-10 lol

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And I mean Mahomes finished with a very pedestrian stat line and 2 (bad) INT's. Williams sealed the game when it mattered most, and so did Mahomes with the Hill completion. Guess they just felt it would be "more recognition" to go to Mahomes rather than a guy like Williams. Idk.

If you wanna give it to the guy who was the most dominant all game it would've been Chris Jones, but we all know that can't happen.

1) QBs get an undeserved amount of credit for wins AND losses.      

2) Chiefs couldve won without Williams.   Cant say the same about Mahomes.   

• Like 4

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

1) QBs get an undeserved amount of credit for wins AND losses.      

2) Chiefs couldve won without Williams.   Cant say the same about Mahomes.   

Seahawks could've won without Malcolm Smith, but you know...

Superbowl MVP is rarely about who the most valuable player is. It's about who had the best game, and Mahomes objectively did not have that.

• Like 2

Just now, jonnguy2015 said:

Guy was nowhere to be found when they were down 20-10 lol

Yeah, thats the point.

He disappeared when they were losing to the Texans too.   As soon as the came back, he magically reappeared and continued running his mouth.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Up 10, Shanahan should have kept running it. But instead he called play action halfpipe 720 triple ollie fakey and played himself into another SB loss, congrats KYLE

I mean, he put the game in Jimmy G's hands and he couldn't even make two throws to cement it. At least Matt Ryan made a couple of throws before Kyle pooped the bed.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seahawks could've won without Malcolm Smith, but you know...

Superbowl MVP is rarely about who the most valuable player is. It's about who had the best game, and Mahomes objectively did not have that.

Im not saying Mahomes DEFINITELY should have gotten it....just that there is a case to be made.