Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seahawks could've won without Malcolm Smith, but you know...

Superbowl MVP is rarely about who the most valuable player is. It's about who had the best game, and Mahomes objectively did not have that.

The only person you can argue actually had a better game than him on the winning team was Chris Jones. Williams was a non-factor in the game until that final run. He was an average, at best blocker, and didn't do anything of note on the ground until the game sealing run.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Im not saying Mahomes DEFINITELY should have gotten it....just that there is a case to be made.

Oh yeah for sure.

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Glad you finally came back to earth 

Did I ever say I would take Lamar over Mahomes? I think the closest I've ever come is saying that Lamar was better this year, which isn't really a hot take.

72/112 | 64.3% CMP | 10TD's | 2 INT's | 901 Yds | 8.04 YPA | 111.5 Passer Rating.

10 Point Defecit in all games. 21 Point defecit in the first.

That's a damn good post-season run even with a "subpar" superbowl. He stepped up when it mattered.

Congrats Chiefs fans.

Edited by Magnifico
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

In all seriousness the Niners and the Chiefs will be here for the long run so its not the end of the world for the Niners. Its tough I know because as a Rams fan it was tough last year but once the offseason comes and the new season gets closer the Niners will be back ready to make another Superbowl run. Again Im happy for Reid because he deserved it. Its been a long time coming. Kyle will eventually get his because he is too good of a coach to not win a championship one year. 

I think I'm hazy right now, but I can't think of my teams that got to the Super Bowl, lost, and got back within a few years with relatively the same cast, and then won it. The winners usually seems to be in the mix though. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

It's almost as bad an argument as saying "he had two interceptions" or "he missed a few throws" and insinuating he was having a bad game while ignoring he had a clean pocket for EIGHT throws. EIGHT on 45 attempts.

His first INT was him rolling out to the right IIRC, something he does quite a bit, and made an awful INT. His second INT was in the pocket as well and I don’t believe he was getting hit. He was having a Pretty bad game up until the final drive. He wasn’t single handedly beating or doing anything special against the 49ers the first 3.5 quarters, and he wasn’t helping his receivers. He ended strong, that’s great, he’s great.

He still didn’t have some really good game. I don’t see why this is so offensive to some people.

He’s the best QB in football who just didn’t have a very good night for an elite QB, under pressure or not.

• Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

The only person you can argue actually had a better game than him on the winning team was Chris Jones. Williams was a non-factor in the game until that final run. He was an average, at best blocker, and didn't do anything of note on the ground until the game sealing run.

Didn't he just have 100+ rushing yards, a receiving and 2 rushing TD's?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I mean, he put the game in Jimmy G's hands and he couldn't even make two throws to cement it. At least Matt Ryan made a couple of throws before Kyle pooped the bed.

Can you just let me make a joke that references Kyle's hat gear? Thx

And yeah, Jimmy G overthrew a potential game-winning TD to Sanders by about 3 feet. Or at least a throw that would have put them in that position. He's certainly not blameless.

• Like 1

I don't have that huge of a problem with Mahomes winning MVP.  He played poorly the first three and a half quarters, but he showed up when it counted the most.  I think he played a very 'safe' game for much of the game.  Maybe part of that was Reid's playcalling/gameplan.  They didn't really challenge the Niners vertically.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

He is one of the best coaches in the NFL.  The Niners scored 20 in the SB without a quality QB.  That's pretty good.  This so called elite defense gave up 21 points in the last 7 minutes of the game.  Why is that on Shanahan?  Jimmy G handicaps their offense so much, the guy is a genius for being able to do what he does with a QB like that.

It's on Shanahan for putting the game in Jimmy G's hands to begin with. If Shannahan runs the ball 3 times there I almost guarantee they pick up the first down, run clock, etc.