Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

If Shanahan deserves criticism it’s for his conservativeness and end of half with 3 timeouts. But even then he’s not guaranteed to score at end there. 

The whole Blowing a 10 point lead is bogus. There was still a good amount of time left in the game and the 49ers were successful in how they mixed things up particularly with play action. Chiefs did a good job knocking the ball down at critical times particularly the drive after they got that interception.

I agree with this for the most part.  I don't blame him for being conservative at the end of the half, like most people do.  If he had Mahomes, Brady or a QB like that then yeah, I would blame him for not being more aggressive at that moment.

Blowing a 10 point lead isn't that big of a deal, especially to a team like the Chiefs.  I don't like blaming Shanahan for this game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I can’t believe the Shanahan went away from the run up 10 with 7 minutes left in the game. Crazy

He had the ball for 15 plays. The last 7 were when he was down (and he still started that drive with a run).

The first 8 were with the lead, he ran it 3 times and passed 5. A one yard run on first down necessitated passing, combined with a penalty to make it 14 yards for a first. 

On the second you can make the argument that 1 run, 2 passes (run was five yards) may have been wrong, but I think it's just too small of a sample that can be skewed. You can't just always run it. 

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Jones was a beast but I don’t think he logged a sack

Will was clutch on short yardage runs. I thought he might get it honestly.

Right. I understand Jones not getting it because the stat sheet isn't sexy and literally nobody outside of hardcore fans probably know who he is. Williams had the more flashy plays and was more consistent overall.

Mahomes is just the "obvious" choice, since he's Patrick Mahomes.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I can’t believe the Shanahan went away from the run up 10 with 7 minutes left in the game. Crazy

I can't believe Shanahan went away from the run as much as he did in general.  wtf??  Jimmy G is fine but he's no Mahomes, you don't put the game on his shoulders. 

Good game overall, but this was winnable for SF on an off night by Mahomes and they didn't step up. The D esp didn't shut them down when they should've. Too bad. 

On the plus side, another dazzling half time show. I'm just glad they focused on the musical quality and didn't sink to the gutter with a lot of mindless crap based on sexploitation. 

:/

Commercials were mostly weak I thought, but maybe that's old age...most others at the party were giggling left and right. Sometimes I think the commercials are so hyped ahead of time that people convince themselves that they're funnier than they are to fit in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Two years as a starter and Mahomes already has a league MVP, SB championship and SB MVP.  Sheesh.

Lamar has a chance to match this next year. Mahomes, Lamar and Watson are going to be FUN to watch for the next several years in the AFC.

That is, unless BoB has anything to say about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

He had the ball for 15 plays. The last 7 were when he was down (and he still started that drive with a run).

The first 8 were with the lead, he ran it 3 times and passed 5. A one yard run on first down necessitated passing, combined with a penalty to make it 14 yards for a first. 

On the second you can make the argument that 1 run, 2 passes (run was five yards) may have been wrong, but I think it's just too small of a sample that can be skewed. You can't just always run it. 

People are overblowing this whole Shanahan going away from the run thing.  Got to give credit for KC's defense playing better during the final stretch of the game.  I said earlier, the Niners had some 3rd and longs (5 yards or more), so they had to pass in some situations. 

• Like 4