Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

5 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

The Texans game still blows my mind.  The Chiefs are down 24-0 so I go get coffee with my sister.  I put the game on my phone when we settle in and it's 28-24 Chiefs.  By the time we get to her house it's a 41-24 lead.  It's absurd. 

You gotta take conversion rates into consideration. 41 points against a BoB/RAC team is like... 16, 18 points against anyone else.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

That 3rd and 15 the Niners gave up with that bomb to Tyreek Hill also sticks in my mind.  They had kept Hill underneath most of the game.  On such a huge play, you let him get wide open 40 yards down the field?  That seems absurd to me.

That throw was basically 20 yard line to 20 yard line off his back foot.  I’m not sure I’d blame the D on that one.  They played one heck of game,  It’s so hard to prevent big plays against this O, they did until the end.. that hurry up really gassed them 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I wasn't here during the game, but on that 4th down play for the Niners - Jimmy G has to at least throw the ball there to give someone a chance.  I get the pass rush was bearing down on him and he was under supreme duress.  He did do some type of push pass to avoid the sack, but you have to get that ball into the air so someone can try to make a play.

That 3rd and 15 the Niners gave up with that bomb to Tyreek Hill also sticks in my mind.  They had kept Hill underneath most of the game.  On such a huge play, you let him get wide open 40 yards down the field?  That seems absurd to me.

I think the play to Tyreek is less about the coverage and more about the pressure. Pat did get pressured on that play, but it was delayed enough that a sailing lob was able to get to the open spot Tyreek was running to. We LOVE long developing shot plays to Tyreek and Mecole. You don't stop them by coverage. No one is fast enough in man, and the team is great at finding the holes in zone. You stop it by pressure. Most of the game Pat never had the time on those shot plays. We tried a few times, and the pressure was there before the receiver was going to break open. That was just the one time Mahomes had just enough relief from the pass rush to get it out there. I don't think it's any failing on the secondary or schematic hole in what they did. The DL just finally got there a beat later.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not necessarily. You can nitpick and say on certain plays he didn’t do this or that but overall he ain’t responsible for those deficits. Texans game had nothing to do with him. Titans game too. This ain’t an Andrew Luck throwing picks and thereby putting his team into a hole. 

You don't go down double-digits if you're putting up points on offense.

Just now, SkippyX said:

Sammy Watkins had 288 yards receiving in these playoffs.

He has 326 yards receiving in his 3 final 4 games (AFCCGs and Super Bowl)

There was a thread on here calling him a draft bust. xD

Honestly, I feel like this just confirms that Watkins work ethic isn't consistent. When he gives a damn he's great, I think he just normally doesn't.

Just now, showtime said:

I know this isn't going to happen, but what would 49ers fans think of this?  Brady with this defense and these offensive weapons for two years.  They'd be my SB favorites heading into next season.

Jimmy's not bad and his contract isn't a burden by today's standards. 

... so, they should also be able to get a 1st plus to build for this championship rush.

Just now, samsel23 said:

That throw was basically 20 yard line to 20 yard line off his back foot.  I’m not sure I’d blame the D on that one.  They played one heck of game,  It’s so hard to prevent big plays against this O, they did until the end.. that hurry up really gassed them 

Yeah, the Niners defense did play one heck of a game until the final seven minutes when they gave up 3 TDs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Jimmy's not bad and his contract isn't a burden by today's standards. 

... so, they should also be able to get a 1st plus to build for this championship rush.

I don't agree with that.  I don't think he's a very good QB.  He's with one of the best QB coaches in the league, so that's a huge plus for him.  I think there are many QB's who can do what Jimmy G does for the Niners.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, I feel like this just confirms that Watkins work ethic isn't consistent. When he gives a damn he's great, I think he just normally doesn't.

I really think he just struggles not being Batman,  he came here to develop as the #1 with a young QB.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know this isn't going to happen, but what would 49ers fans think of this?  Brady with this defense and these offensive weapons for two years.  They'd be my SB favorites heading into next season.

I think brady is burnt, personally, but really hard to say with that offense. 

If the saints want Teddy b to start, I'll take Brees though. 

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Sammy Watkins had 288 yards receiving in these playoffs.

He has 326 yards receiving in his 3 final 4 games (AFCCGs and Super Bowl)

There was a thread on here calling him a draft bust. xD

He is a draft bust. One awesome playoff run doesn't change the fact he's been super disappointing and inconsistent his entire career. 

The Chiefs save a ton of money if they cut him and I expect they will.