DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Just now, showtime said:

I don't agree with that.  I don't think he's a very good QB.  He's with one of the best QB coaches in the league, so that's a huge plus for him.  I think there are many QB's who can do what Jimmy G does for the Niners.

Nick Mullens kind of did last year lol. That being said, it was his first full year starting and coming off an acl. I think Jimmy is the guy for this window. Once this window closes in a year, two, three, whatever, he'll be gone

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You gotta take conversion rates into consideration. 41 points against a BoB/RAC team is like... 16, 18 points against anyone else.

You mean GM/HC BoB

Hats off to the 49ers for playing a good physical game for 3 quarters.  It's just really hard to hold the lid down on Pandora's Box for a whole game.  

I loved Williams' late TD run but Mahomes was the difference in this game and deserved the MVP.  

I said before the season started that Kyle Shanahan was the best coach in the NFC West and a bunch of people laughed and called me a troll for saying that.  I still think he's the best.

No disrespect to Mahomes but Chris Jones was my MVP. Constant pressure all night, was apart of every big Chief play, and swatted a ridiculous amount of balls, even some you didn’t really notice. Was. A. Monster. 

Someone strap Shanahan to a chair and make him watch this clip on repeat for a solid 24 hours. 

I really wanted the niners to win just so I could say that since picking Smith over Rodgers, the niners have the same number of super bowl wins as Rodgers, and more appearances so clearly close the correct qb lol.

Is that selfish of me?

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He is a draft bust. One awesome playoff run doesn't change the fact he's been super disappointing and inconsistent his entire career. 

The Chiefs save a ton of money if they cut him and I expect they will. 

Yup. And thats still less than 100 ypg. Lets not pretend this is Fitz all over again. They signed him precisely so they could cut him when Mahomes got expensive. Still overpaid but they got a ring out of it so all's forgiven.

Just now, showtime said:

I said before the season started that Kyle Shanahan was the best coach in the NFC West and a bunch of people laughed and called me a troll for saying that.  I still think he's the best.

Hes coached two difference teams to the Superbowl in the last 4 years - He was the reason the Falcons made it in 16; guy is legit. 

Just now, showtime said:

Oh no doubt. The fawning over McVay last year was ridiculous. 3rd best coach in that division behind Carroll. Not a hot take. Been saying Kyle is Top 2 Offensive Coach since 2016. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not ideal.

Seahawks Twitter is petty for that lol

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No disrespect to Mahomes but Chris Jones was my MVP. Constant pressure all night, was apart of every big Chief play, and swatted a ridiculous amount of balls, even some you didn’t really notice. Was. A. Monster. 

I wouldn't say "Constant." Jimmy had a clean pocket all night. But on all but one of the times he didn't have a clean pocket it was Jones who collapsed it. He literally created every single pressure the Chiefs generated including leading to the two sacks, both interceptions, and 4 incomplete passes.

Just now, Forge said:

I think brady is burnt, personally, but really hard to say with that offense. 

If the saints want Teddy b to start, I'll take Brees though. 

Brees has been pretty bad in the playoffs as an old guy. that pop-up pick vs Minnesota was terrible.

• No way do you want him. A 42 year old QB with 10 TDs and 6 picks in his last 5 playoff games and you want to build around him?

I don't want Brady either. If he was 97% of himself this year, he will likely be 93% of himself next year.

I think the Patriots can still win and win some playoff games with him if they get the right players but another team needing to refit their offense and get all the players on the TB12 way... the odds against it are too big. You might get Joe in KC, but Joe could not beat the Bills.

Stick with the QB who is 23-6 on your team and in your system. He's also relatively cheap for a premier young QB because the huge cap hit was in 2018.