Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Yeah not watching the game next time they make it. Not worth it after these two losses lol. 

I dunno, I just can't understand that mindset. Our super bowl loss (Atlanta's) was way worse, but if the Falcons ever made it back, I'd be jumping for joy. Especially since it doesn't look like they'll sniff that for a long time. Even getting to a super bowl is really difficult.

For what it's worth, I don't really know of any team in the NFC that's going to be able to stand toe to toe with SF in 2020.

1 minute ago, Hukos said:

I dunno, I just can't understand that mindset. Our super bowl loss (Atlanta's) was way worse, but if the Falcons ever made it back, I'd be jumping for joy. Especially since it doesn't look like they'll sniff that for a long time. Even getting to a super bowl is really difficult.

For what it's worth, I don't really know of any team in the NFC that's going to be able to stand toe to toe with SF in 2020.

Maybe my feelings will change, but if they made it back, and I slept in, and woke up around noon, checked my app to see if they won...it wouldn't be as bad as sitting through another loss. Also, I said this elsewhere, I really can't stand the two week hoopla of the Super Bowl, and on gameday how it goes all Hollywood with the extended commercials and celebrity presence. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

They just get it done.

I will remember all the double digit comebacks in the playoffs

Its just they get stronger when punched in the head.

If I had the chance to line up the 2017 Eagles to play this Chiefs team and the winner takes both SBs... HARD PASS!

This team is deadly. Rank them 1st or 4th, I want no parts of playing them.

There’s a LOT of things to blast (won’t say name to cause a fight on here) for being stupid about.

However, the Kansas City, Kansas thing is a *little* silly. It’s shared by Kansas and Missouri. Yes, I know Arrowhead is in Missouri, but your average non-diehard isn’t going to know that.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s a LOT of things to blast (won’t say name to cause a fight on here) for being stupid about.

However, the Kansas City, Kansas thing is a *little* silly. It’s shared by Kansas and Missouri. Yes, I know Arrowhead is in Missouri, but your average non-diehard isn’t going to know that.

But we're not talking about some regular joe blow here. This is the President of the United States where people expect more from. Especially with simple geography and the ability to think before they tweet and Trump has clearly failed both of these. 

But I'm off this now. Back to football. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@Kirill posting at all is like a Spoiler Alert the Chiefs won for anyone watching non-live (very common)

Man, for someone who has to be on attack mode. Here is some reality.

Did you like how that SF D-line had a chance to get the ball back at 1:25 on the 40 with 3 timeouts and Williams went 2 carries for 42 yards to ice the Super Bowl?

Did you like how your heroic D-line did almost nothing in a 21-0 4th quarter that started with a 20-10 lead?

Are your feelings hurt so badly that you have to repeatedly attack a guy who's team just won the Super Bowl?

You are a candle against the sun right now bud, he does not care about your anger.

You are most likely on his ignore list by now.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

Man, for someone who has to be on attack mode. Here is some reality.

Did you like how that SF D-line had a chance to get the ball back at 1:25 on the 40 with 3 timeouts and Williams went 2 carries for 42 yards to ice the Super Bowl?

Did you like how your heroic D-line did almost nothing in a 21-0 4th quarter that started with a 20-10 lead?

Are your feelings hurt so badly that you have to repeatedly attack a guy who's team just won the Super Bowl?

You are a candle against the sun right now bud, he does not care about your anger.

Uhh I’m not attacking him, I’m just being humorous. Was no hate or anger in those posts at all. And yeah KC won the game, I’ll gladly eat some crow like 53% of the forum. Never guaranteed a thing though and always said this would come down to a final two minute drive for either side.  

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Uhh I’m not attacking him, I’m just being humorous. Was no hate or anger in those posts at all. And yeah KC won the game, I’ll gladly eat some crow like 53% of the forum. Never guaranteed a thing though and always said this would come down to a final two minute drive for either side.  

No sarcasm font so just let it simmer a bit.

Just curious, are you a 49ers fan now that the Raiders left or are you a local guy rooting for the California team or a neutral guy who just really likes the metrics of this 49ers team?

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I can't believe Shanahan went away from the run as much as he did in general.  wtf??  Jimmy G is fine but he's no Mahomes, you don't put the game on his shoulders. 

Good game overall, but this was winnable for SF on an off night by Mahomes and they didn't step up. The D esp didn't shut them down when they should've. Too bad. 

On the plus side, another dazzling half time show. I'm just glad they focused on the musical quality and didn't sink to the gutter with a lot of mindless crap based on sexploitation. 

:/

Commercials were mostly weak I thought, but maybe that's old age...most others at the party were giggling left and right. Sometimes I think the commercials are so hyped ahead of time that people convince themselves that they're funnier than they are to fit in. 

The Chiefs held Mostert to 58 yards. If it were not for Deebo getting 50+ yards on three carries, the ground game would look pretty weak. As it is, they have 70 yards less as a team than Mostert did himself two weeks ago. The best RB by far was Damien Williams. I wish they had given him the MVP. Mahomes will win his share of award, but Williams getting a SB MVP in Miami would have been choice.

J

Edited by onejayhawk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

No sarcasm font so just let it simmer a bit.

Just curious, are you a 49ers fan now that the Raiders left or are you a local guy rooting for the California team or a neutral guy who just really likes the metrics of this 49ers team?

No, I had zero emotions in this game. I don’t hate any team, literally no one. Pats back in the day, but that stopped around 2010. 

I did a lot of research, saw people going with the QB/HC while the Top 5 on both sides of the ball usually wins which is SF. 49ers reminded me of the 2017 Eagles. I put money on the 49ers and really thought they’d win, so obviously got caught up in debates about them winning/losing. 

I’m happy for Reid. 

Edited by BayRaider