Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I hear you on that, but Mahomes comes from a family where his father was a pro athlete.  Maybe they're comfortable financially and he has a different outlook on things than someone like you or me.  He probably doesn't take a discount, but he seems interesting to me.

I don't think it's absolute absolute wealth, but relative wealth. Keeping up with the Jones' mentality is a real thing.

Observe two groups of people into Group A and Group B.

Group A's absolute wealth is poverty level, but they're the most well off of anyone that they know. Group B's absolute wealth is much higher than Group A's, but they know others that are also significantly wealthier than Group B is. Group B is much more likely to be miserable as a result.

Mahomes is extremely wealthy compared to us, but he's not comparing himself to us, but other extremely wealthy athletes that he knows.

Edited by Hukos

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Look at the lifestyle Mahomes lives. He has a room just for his sneakers. He's not taking a discount lmao. He has KC by the balls. They need him more than he needs them.

I saw that room.  That room is not really that big and he really doesn't have anywhere as many sneakers as other big time athletes have.  Maybe he has a different stash somewhere else.  I've seen athletes and celebrities will thousands of shoes.  He has a lot compared to the average person, but meh.

• Like 1

A lot of people have complained about the over sexualization of the halftime show but I’m proud of Shakira and JLo for showing they still got it. They put on a great show, represented for the Latinx community, and we even saw Shakira five a shout out to her Lebanese heritage during the performance. Add on that both women are in the 40s with kids and I was extremely impressed.

I think we gotta move away from this idea of protecting our girls and empower them to challenge what society expects from them and let them grow into what they want. They can do what they please with their bodies just like those two amazing performers did.

People weren’t BnMing about Adam Levine being shirtless during his performance last year. 🤷‍♂️

/rant

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Man, for someone who has to be on attack mode. Here is some reality.

Did you like how that SF D-line had a chance to get the ball back at 1:25 on the 40 with 3 timeouts and Williams went 2 carries for 42 yards to ice the Super Bowl?

Did you like how your heroic D-line did almost nothing in a 21-0 4th quarter that started with a 20-10 lead?

Are your feelings hurt so badly that you have to repeatedly attack a guy who's team just won the Super Bowl?

You are a candle against the sun right now bud, he does not care about your anger.

You are most likely on his ignore list by now.

The D line was still able to break through quite a few times during that 21-0 run, the problem was Hill and Kelce toasting the secondary. Even the best D line can’t do anything against a QB who can scramble and get the ball out to open receivers in seconds

Edited by jonnguy2015

36 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Look at the lifestyle Mahomes lives. He has a room just for his sneakers. He's not taking a discount lmao. He has KC by the balls. They need him more than he needs them.

He also takes advice from his father, who knows what it's like to change teams, and Tom Brady, who took less to allow the team to keep more talent. I can see him trying to keep a cadre intact.

Chiefs offense in first 54 minutes: 10 points

Chiefs offense in final 6 minutes: 21 points

These Chiefs may be the most explosive team I've ever seen. They're not the GOAT offense or anything. They don't always figure you out right away. But whether it takes a quarter, half, or 54 minutes... when they figure it out they score FAST. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Chiefs offense in first 54 minutes: 10 points

Chiefs offense in final 6 minutes: 21 points

These Chiefs may be the most explosive team I've ever seen. They're not the GOAT offense or anything. They don't always figure you out right away. But whether it takes a quarter, half, or 54 minutes... when they figure it out they score FAST. 

Yeah, this was my main issue with the niners settling for FGs in the first and third quarter. We should have known that no lead was safe and that we had to score touchdowns not fgs 

20 points was never going to be enough. Wasn't realistic to expect it to be. The offense and defense were great for 3 quarters and then they both fell apart at the same time late in the game. 

Chris Jones should have been MVP, those tipped passes sealed the win. He had three in a span of like 6-7 plays. His pressure was instrumental in the first INT too

Tough loss for sure but I'm not going to let it spoil this truly magical season for the 49ers. Was a special year from this team 

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The weak spot in the SF D was an exposed Richard Sherman without his usual help.

They forced him into man coverage and he was not man enough. xD

Revis >>> Sherman

Sherman was gassed at the end, you could see it in his eyes. The speed definitely wore him down considering they had the ball a lot late. I wouldn't say he was the weak spot by any stretch. Just missed a few plays late. This is the NFL. Corners give up plays. 

Revis is a HOFer. Sherman is a HOFer. 

Revis is better in man. Sherman is better in zone. That doesn't mean revis is better. It's just different styles 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

He also takes advice from his father, who knows what it's like to change teams, and Tom Brady, who took less to allow the team to keep more talent. I can see him trying to keep a cadre intact.

Yeah, especially because he should be able to make 20-30 million in endorsements without breaking a sweat. 

I think the idea that he should take less is unreasonable though. If he does, great. If not, you can't blame him for it 

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

He probably takes advice from many people. Regards to pops, his father was never an NFL player, and never the talent he was.

Doesn't matter KC will give him whatever he wants. He's the reason they even made, and won a SB for the first time in 50 years. And he is the one that has to give a discount? Nah.

Edited by PapaShogun

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

A lot of people have complained about the over sexualization of the halftime show but I’m proud of Shakira and JLo for showing they still got it. They put on a great show, represented for the Latinx community, and we even saw Shakira five a shout out to her Lebanese heritage during the performance. Add on that both women are in the 40s with kids and I was extremely impressed.

I think we gotta move away from this idea of protecting our girls and empower them to challenge what society expects from them and let them grow into what they want. They can do what they please with their bodies just like those two amazing performers did.

People weren’t BnMing about Adam Levine being shirtless during his performance last year. 🤷‍♂️

/rant

They killed it. Glad to see FF isn't a rep of what people thought of it. Had to go to Twitter to see what people thought. And pretty much everyone I follow (and posted about it) thought it was great. Tho I intentionally don't follow anyone who is consistently pessimistic/negative on there. 

Also they repped Latin, African, Middle Eastern cultures; Hip Hop, American Pop, ballroom/classic/whatevertheycallit dance. So that was cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Tom Brady didn't take a pay cut until he went a decade without a ring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Up 10, Shanahan should have kept running it. But instead he called play action halfpipe 720 triple ollie fakey and played himself into another SB loss, congrats KYLE

And if he kept running the ball and we still lose...the hot take would be he didn't trust his QB. When we lose like we did it wasn't 1 play or side of the ball. Though Kyle being the HC he will have to carry this.

Also if Reid had lost the way it was headed...the hot take would be the same. He's not a big gm HC. It was already written for both teams...just needed to fill in the team name. Lol