DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

1 minute ago, TVScout said:

WaPo:

"Former NFL referee Terry McAulay, now a rules analyst for NBC, wrote on Twitter that Kittle’s push “was significantly less force” than a shove by Minnesota Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph that went uncalled — and unchanged by instant replay — on his game-winning catch against the New Orleans Saints during this season’s NFC playoffs."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/03/controversial-penalty-49ers-george-kittle-provided-fitting-end-nfl-season/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the flag isn't based on the force of the push, so much as the extension of the arm - which Kittle and Rudolph both had. 

2 hours ago, TDTimes said:

nah.  The Chiefs were up 4 points with 1:20 to play and SF had all of their timeouts.  Going down there would have been foolish

Mahomes was missing easy throws even when he wasn't being pressured.  His accuracy, even on completed balls, just wasn't there.  

We were up 4 with 1:20 to play and SF had 2 timeouts. Him going down would've ended the game earlier. He takes a knee at like the 5, they call their second timeout with like 1:12 left to play. 1st and goal with 1:12 and they have 1 timeout. 3 kneels takes the timeout and then 1:20ish seconds, and ends the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the flag isn't based on the force of the push, so much as the extension of the arm - which Kittle and Rudolph both had. 

Some of that is judgement also,   I think they are more lenient on the push offs when the defender comes into the body..   I wasn’t sure why Kittle pushed off to begin with,  it was good coverage but he had room for the catch.   
I don’t think they call that if Sorensen hadn’t been clean the full route 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

I was somewhat shocked when the 49ers were still huddling with just over 2 minutes left.

Man, I forgot about this. I was giddy watching the clock tick down on that play. They got a 17 yard run to start that drive, and they let the clock tick down from 2:39 to 2:02 before false starting. It was a miserable attempt at a hurry up offense.

21 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Weird, I brought up his last super bowl choke and was mocked and laughed at for it on here. I was told Andy Reid could never win a super bowl because he never won with McNabb. I was told Shanahan was going to coach circles around Reid.

Reid is an all time great coach. It’s silly to say anybody would run circles on him, except BB.

Shanny will get there eventually.

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Bit of both. They look for the extension as the easy visual sign of OPI occurring, but same with DPI, there needs to be enough force that it either impeded the defender or created separation for the offensive player.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Man, I forgot about this. I was giddy watching the clock tick down on that play. They got a 17 yard run to start that drive, and they let the clock tick down from 2:39 to 2:02 before false starting. It was a miserable attempt at a hurry up offense.

I think that they weren't worried about the clock, tbh. With three timeouts, needing to go 65 more yards or whatever (after the 17 yard fun), I don't think that they viewed the clock as an actual enemy at that point. That would just be a guess though. 

2 hours ago, TDTimes said:

nah.  The Chiefs were up 4 points with 1:20 to play and SF had all of their timeouts.  Going down there would have been foolish

Mahomes was missing easy throws even when he wasn't being pressured.  His accuracy, even on completed balls, just wasn't there.  

They had two timeouts and would have used one after he went down - at that point the Chiefs could have kneeled.

19 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Some of that is judgement also,   I think they are more lenient on the push offs when the defender comes into the body..   I wasn’t sure why Kittle pushed off to begin with,  it was good coverage but he had room for the catch.   
I don’t think they call that if Sorensen hadn’t been clean the full route 

Yep the Rudolph play the defender was making contact too - Sorensen didn't touch Kittle.