Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

3-DB4-E590-9515-4258-B759-DE8-CD973-FB40

Just run the ball Kyle. It was working both games. 

I really like Kyle and think he’s great, so it really hurts me to say, but he’s becoming the biggest SB choke artist ever. Gets ridiculously cute and nervous. 

Edited by BayRaider

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

3-DB4-E590-9515-4258-B759-DE8-CD973-FB40

Just run the ball Kyle. It was working both games. 

I really like Kyle and think he’s great, so it really hurts me to say, but he’s becoming the biggest SB choke artist ever. Gets ridiculously cute and nervous. 

I actually read that 9ers RB was averaging like 2 yards a carry in the 2nd half. Seems like the Chiefs plugged it up. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I actually read that 9ers RB was averaging like 2 yards a carry in the 2nd half. Seems like the Chiefs plugged it up. 

Hmm I’d have to verify your claim on that, could be right, but I do remember Mostert ripping a couple 5 yard gains off and Kyle passing on 2nd and 5. 

At the end of the day, outscored 46-0 in 20 minutes is a huge red flag wouldn’t you say? No where close to normal. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, N4L said:

facts are facts.

the fact is we lost the game. the missed calls were a part of it. that doesnt mean we couldnt have overcome the calls and still won. that doesnt mean the chiefs didnt deserve to win. 

and thats a fact im going to have to just live with

Comfort yourself as you see fit. I've been there a lot of times, I know how you're feeling.

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hmm I’d have to verify your claim on that, could be right, but I do remember Mostert ripping a couple 5 yard gains off and Kyle passing on 2nd and 5. 

At the end of the day, outscored 46-0 in 20 minutes is a huge red flag wouldn’t you say? No where close to normal. 

Oh yeah, for sure. The 46 part has less to do with Kyle though, but scoring 0 is a bad look. I was just sharing. Some dude on Reddit posted a breakdown and after reading it, Kyle didnt look quite as incompetent as is being hyped. 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Oh yeah, for sure. The 46 part has less to do with Kyle though, but scoring 0 is a bad look. I was just sharing. Some dude on Reddit posted a breakdown and after reading it, Kyle didnt look quite as incompetent as is being hyped. 

Offense and defense goes hand it hand. If the Offense can’t score, the points allowed number will go up. If the offense scores, the points allowed will go down. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Offense and defense goes hand it hand. If the Offense can’t score, the points allowed number will go up. If the offense scores, the points allowed will go down. 

I dont agree. Often the more a team scores, the more aggressive the other team becomes in attempting to score. Two teams scoring 30 points is way more common than one team scoring 30 and the other 0. 

Now he could have ran the clock down, but even that you are more likely to get a 1st with a pass than a run. So some of this falls on execution. 

• Like 2

On 2020-02-02 at 10:17 PM, stl4life07 said:

Im so happy for Reid for finally getting that ring as a head coach.

Ill just say this, Kyle Shanny blew a 10pt lead with just under 7 minutes to go in the game. So his last two Superbowl appearances he blew a 25pt lead and now a 10pt lead that was over later in the 4th quarter. You just got to bring one home when you have those opportunities. I dont care if it was against Brady and Mahomes. The Niners predicated their team in running the football and with a 10pt lead and one of the best running teams in the NFL like you should have to run that clock out and win this game. 

I was furious at the Niners for doing jack **** with those two back-to-back possessions because they were in the perfect position to dominate the game and significantly raise the stakes for a Chiefs comeback. 31-30 would have been one for the history books. Looking back now however, it's probably in Shanny's best interest that he gave away a relatively meager 10 point lead rather than 20+ again. I don't think any man on earth could survive such a massive blow to their ego.

• Like 1

Fabulous read. PFF hit the nail on the ******* head, and what irked me most about the game. Felt like that decision to play it safe before halftime was the ball game as ridiculous as it sounds. It sure felt that way though. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-49ers-kyle-shanahan-was-too-conservative-and-he-paid-for-it

Edited by PapaShogun

On 2020-02-02 at 10:19 PM, showtime said:

To be honest, I thought Reid called a super safe game the first three quarters and Mahomes played really safe as well.  Mahomes really didn't play very well until like the last seven minutes of the game.

With all due respect to Reid, the Chiefs always seem to really get it going once they go no-huddle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

As I said after last years SB it wasn't a well officiated game but the officials didn't cost somebody the game. 

People have in mind that players will make mistakes but referees should be perfect.

Referees will always make mistakes. 

The referees were not perfect but IMO they were as good as one should expect from SB referees.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kirill said:

Should've bet on the Chiefs dude. What'd I say? I'm always right. A friend made almost 1000 dollars off of my ***

You're really acting like the Chiefs weren't down to a < 5% of winning during the 4th quarter. You're just lucky the 49ers weren't able to close the game out.

You guys won in spectacular fashion, but it was far from the sure thing you're acting like it was. 

• Like 1