Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

If Chris Jones is back, he's not letting them run on him, especially considering they were able to silence Henry last game even with Jones out. Game turns into a shootout which Mahomes prevails at and then the Football Gods smite him cause Andy Reid is a historic playoff choker.

Jones played in the Titans game and looked pretty effective. They even kept him out there in garbage time so his injury must be fine now.

Congratulations to both teams, they have clearly deserved it.

Both have been arguably the top teams in each conference throughout the season, both have been unstoppable in the playoffs and they have almost opposite styles of play.

It's really hard to predict! 

In a low scoring game, I'd take the 49ers. I feel they'll probably dominate time of possession and control the tempo of the game with their running game, which the Chiefs won't be able to stop.

On the other hand, if the Chiefs gain an early lead, and force the 49ers to open up, or it ends up in a shootout, I'd take the Chiefs in a heartbeat. That offense is just way too explosive to keep up with.

2 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Congratulations to both teams, they have clearly deserved it.

Both have been arguably the top teams in each conference throughout the season, both have been unstoppable in the playoffs and they have almost opposite styles of play.

It's really hard to predict! 

In a low scoring game, I'd take the 49ers. I feel they'll probably dominate time of possession and control the tempo of the game with their running game, which the Chiefs won't be able to stop.

On the other hand, if the Chiefs gain an early lead, and force the 49ers to open up, or it ends up in a shootout, I'd take the Chiefs in a heartbeat. That offense is just way too explosive to keep up with.

1st and 5 we stopped Derrick Henry 3 consecutive times. Jimmy's gonna have to throw this game, and he's not going to keep up with Mahomes.

Just now, Kirill said:

1st and 5 we stopped Derrick Henry 3 consecutive times. Jimmy's gonna have to throw this game, and he's not going to keep up with Mahomes.

The 49ers are a much better running team than the Titans. I feel they will be able to run down the Chiefs' throats.

The question is if they'll have the opportunity to do so. If the game gets out of hand, they will be forced to abandon the run.

So apparently the 49ers want to wear their white throwback uniforms but the NFL is saying no? I never really understood that... Let the team wear whatever uniforms they want as long as it's their colors and it's been established at some point in the teams history as their uniforms who really cares?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I mean, not playing your 2nd and 3rd string QBs for most of the season helps in conjunction with getting the 2nd Overall Pick and the resulting high picks that come with it...

And QB wasn't the only position they got shredded because of injury. Last years 9ers team was riddled with injuries, they had 8 players on IR by November, Mostert broke his arm, the secondary was fielding guys they found off the street etc etc. They were probably a .500 team last year that got unlucky, evidenced by the fact that they lost 3 one score games.

• Like 1

It's wide open. Bookies agree with Chiefs -1 or -1.5. KC are a scary, scary team with their ability to score from anywhere on the field. They will likely give 49ers the Titans treatment as well, going heavy up front so Jimmy is probably going to need to step up in the passing game. Hoping Coleman can come back to play as well but they way his arm stuttered against the ground when he landed did not look good :(

I love the match up and the story lines here. You have a redemption arc for each coach, trying to win their first Super Bowl and legitimize their status. But I think what is more intriguing is the most talented player in football going up against the only team with a defense that can legitimately stop him. I'm not sure who will win, I really think this game is as even a match up as you could've hoped for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I don't think the Chiefs can afford another game where they get behind early. 

That's the worst case scenario for them.

Get behind early, let the 49ers control the tempo of the game and force their running game, and keep Jimmy from passing.

• Like 1