Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

I felt like the SF versus Tennessee matchup would have heavily favored SF, and ended up more one-sided. 

This SF versus KC matchup will be amazing, and I would expect a high scoring affair. It wouldn't surprise me if I am underrating the SF or KC defense here though. 

Jimmy G will have to throw about 25 passes, and he has shown plenty capable of keeping his team in a high-scoring affair against a good D. Just a great SB outcome, and really hard to predict. I'm giving my Niners the 34 in a 34-27 finish. 

Special season for both teams, and I'm not going to lose sleep either way. A healthy Niners team is just too special to bet against. As great as Pat and the receiving targets are.. Pat doesn't have the frustrating evasiveness that a greased quarterback (LamarJ/Wilson) has... so the D can still wreck enough of their plans.

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611085d550915c7f3971

41 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I don't think the Chiefs can afford another game where they get behind early. 

But thats the core strategy. Let the other team play their little hearts out in the first quarter then come in for the kill in the 2nd quarter.

Jimmy Garoppolo will have at least two interceptions in this game.  

The defensive line for Kansas City is going to stop the run, so he'll be forced to pass the ball on a lot of possessions.   

The running game is not going to work with KC's defensive line, which is the best aspect of their defense.  

San Francisco's front four will get to Mahomes at least three times.  Mahomes is one of the least sacked QBs in the league, but San Fran's defense has been outstanding.  

Mahomes will probably have at least 3 TDs, so the offense is not going to be a problem.  

I think the key for Kansas City is to force Garroppolo to throw enough, and if they can do that, they may come out on top.  

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Predicted before the playoffs SF over KC and obviously will be sticking with it. 

Super tough game to call. 

I will go with SF 30 KC 24 prediction. 

I agree, real tough to call. We have the best two teams in America going at it here. And they are not built the same.

But I do have an opinion as to who I hope wins, mildly - Chiefs. We'll see. 

I'm very exctied to see Jimmy G play from behind for a change.  SF has the best D-Line in the league, but against a statue like Kirk and an aging Rodgers they should be getting alot of sacks and pressures. Mahomes will be able to elude some sacks and keep plays alive. Typically, that's how you beat SF is by bootlegging and getting out of the pocket. Mahomes is very good at that.

34-24 Chiefs.

41 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Jimmy G will have to throw about 25 passes, and he has shown plenty capable of keeping his team in a high-scoring affair against a good D

And why is this, Oldman?  What did have v. greenbay, 8 passes? 

You go with what works and if they want to run v. Chiefs I think they can because packers defense is better v run than chiefs;.

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm very exctied to see Jimmy G play from behind for a change.  SF has the best D-Line in the league, but against a statue like Kirk and an aging Rodgers they should be getting alot of sacks and pressures. Mahomes will be able to elude some sacks and keep plays alive. Typically, that's how you beat SF is by bootlegging and getting out of the pocket. Mahomes is very good at that.

34-24 Chiefs.

He played from behind plenty to end the season.

Bootlegs have been the way to have success against this defense, but that was when the defense was undermanned. With Alexander and Ford back, the speed of the defense is much different and the defense is ready for that. 

The way to beat this defense is to have a good OL which the Chiefs have and have the opposing QB play a disciplined game taking the underneath stuff until something opens up down the field. More times than none this defense will not blitz and drop seven in coverage. Trying to just go for the big play is not going to work. The Chiefs have no running threat at all but they kind of mitigate that with all the quick screens and passes they throw. Last season they KILLED the Niners off screens and quick hitters to start the game. That's one way to slow down the pass rush. I will say, our DL depth is pretty much obsolete at this point so if the starters get tired, that is a big advantage for the Chiefs. There is a risk going uptempo, but I do think Reid goes with that in big stretches of the game. 

• Like 1