Last Game As A Packer?

TheOnlyThing

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Geronimo Allison needs to gtfo.

Dude was routinely on the field and yet it was like he wasn't even on the team at the same time. That's how non-existent a threat he was out there. I bet there are actually fans who forgot he was even still on the team this year

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I read this topic as “Last Game as a Packer Fan”, and thought ToT finally broke.

Nah, I'm certainly not one of those "fans" who've declared they are not Packer fans until Rodgers is gone from the team or who can't wait to see their favorite head coach lead the Cowboys next season.

Green & Gold fan always and ever more Sasquatch.

I'm also optimistic that Gute will continue to purge the roster of the unproductive and overpaid and, hopefully, hit on replacements in both the draft and free agency.

Add another WR or two, a Defensive Lineman, and an ILB or two and the roster will be as complete as it has been in a long time.

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, Blake has to go.  Unless Pettine is fired.  Contrary to what a lot of people keep joking about, Martinez is a good football player.  Not in a Pettine scheme though. 

I think the thing with Martinez is he's a good football player, but you feel REALLY good if he's your 2nd best LB. When he's your best LB, there's something of a "I wish he were a little bit better" feeling. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Which players have just completed their careers as Green Bay Packers?

Hope Not:

Bryan Bulaga OT, Tyler Ervin KR/RB, and Mason Crosby PK.

Likely:

Jake Kumerow WR, Geronimo Allison WR, Jimmy Graham TE, Lane Taylor (on IR), and Kyler Fackrell OLB.

Possibles:

Robert Tonyan (how many years does he get to develop before the team decides he just can't play?), Marcedes Lewis (old and a free agent), Corey Linsley (has a big cap # & Patrick was just re-signed), BJ Goodson (he's just a JAG), Blake Martinez (let a franchise with a lot more $ available under the cap pay him the contract he believes he deserves), Montravious Adams DT (So useless in his third year that he can't get any time ahead of JAGs like Lancaster & Lowry), Will Redmond (must upgrade at backups in the secondary), Tramon Williams (good season but time to get younger & cheaper).

Don't Care:

Ryan Grant WR, Jason Spriggs T

Who else?

Bulaga....Gone...prices himself out of the market.  I wonder if we bring in Conklin from Tennessee.

Ervin....resigns

Graham....Cut

Taylor...Cut

Fackrell...resigns if Pettine stays

Tonyan.....gone

Lewis...resigns

Linsley....could be gone to save money...but me thinks he stays 1 more year.  Depends on who and how many money we want to spend in free agency.

Goodson....gone

Martinez....gone

Montraveous Adams...makes it to camp and then gets traded for a 7th round pick.

Redman...makes it to camp.

Tramon Williams....on team if he does not retire.