Teddy Bridgewater returning midseason?

everlong

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9274/teddy-bridgewater

Currently on the reserve/PUP list, Bridgewater isn't eligible to play within the next five games. It does sound like he will be available thereafter, however, and if Sam Bradford's troublesome left knee becomes a bigger issue during that timeframe, Bridgewater could become a fallback option for the Vikings.

Vikings fans if/when he hits the field:

9 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

That should/would piss him off. And can you stay on PUP if you are healthy?

I don't see why it would piss him off. Another full year to make sure he's 100% healthy and to give him the best shot possible to earn the job in 2018, because I doubt he will be by the time he's ready to come off the PUP this year.

You can stay on the PUP if the team decides you're not ready. I'm probably wrong on that though. 

Plus I'm 99% sure the vikings want to have a QB under contract in 2018 as leverage in case they want to keep Bradford, this is going to be a hell of a decision for the vikings FO to make next year.

8 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I don't see why it would piss him off. Another full year to make sure he's 100% healthy and to give him the best shot possible to earn the job in 2018, because I doubt he will be by the time he's ready to come off the PUP this year.

You can stay on the PUP if the team decides you're not ready. I'm probably wrong on that though. 

Plus I'm 99% sure the vikings want to have a QB under contract in 2018 as leverage in case they want to keep Bradford, this is going to be a hell of a decision for the vikings FO to make next year.

If hes healthy and they leave him on PUP, then 100% he should be livid. Costing him money, if he is dinged than I get keep him on PUP.

23 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

lol. If he’s healthy he has every right to be pissed off. Heck, there’s rumors in Minnesota that he’s already pissed off about being put on the pup. 

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

that's the elephant graveyard. one must never go there.

I had a good laugh at this.

The comparisons were after their rookie season or pre-draft. Cant imagine one will make the comparison right after Teddy comes back and this is coming from a bonafide Teddy fan and not a fan of Carr

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I had a good laugh at this.

The comparisons were after their rookie season or pre-draft. Cant imagine one will make the comparison right after Teddy comes back and this is coming from a bonafide Teddy fan and not a fan of Carr

Yeah, but it was just funny because it was such a long lasting debate and comparison. I mean, they had to do a "Carr v Bridgewater V2" thread.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but it was just funny because it was such a long lasting debate and comparison. I mean, they had to do a "Carr v Bridgewater V2" thread.

And Raiders fans thought Darren MacFadden was on Adrian Peterson's level. Every fan base has their moments.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

And Raiders fans thought Darren MacFadden was on Adrian Peterson's level. Every fan base has their moments.

Oh, I didn't think that there was anything wrong with the Vikings fans in that regard. I was more or less just commenting on the length of it overall. It's the only comparison I can ever remember requiring two threads. It was seriously never ending until the injury. The debate started after they were drafted and through their first and up to their second seasons...it was just never ending. I never thought that Vikings fans jumped the shark or anything by their backing of Teddy B.

Archived