Time To Heal (Or How I Learned to Stop Crying and Look Forward to the 2020 Season and Love the Future)

MacReady

At the start of this year, I told y'all we would be better than we all thought we would be, but that we would not win the Super Bowl.  It's impossible to win a Super Bowl when you pay your QB over 13% of the cap.  We were paying Rodgers over 14% of the cap. 

We made serious strides on defense.  I think Pettine should go, but that's a different discussion.  Next year, we will have Savage and Gary in their second years, the Smiths and Amos in the second year of the system and definite additions to the defense.  Everybody who matters is under contract. 

Aaron Rodgers is set to make less than 11% of the cap next year thanks to some of his cap hit being converted into a signing bonus this year.  That's huge.

I've said for a very long time that this year is not our year, but next year is. 

Deep run into the playoffs (got that experience for our young players).
Experience for LaFleur.
Strong cap health. 

Next year we are winning it all.  There is no doubt in my mind.  Get ready for it because it starts in September and ends a year and two weeks from now with our fifth Super Bowl win. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 11

"There is an ancient story that king Midas hunted in the forest a long time for the wise Silenus, the companion of Dionysus, without capturing him. When at last he fell into his hands, the king asked what was best of all and most desirable for man. Fixed and immovable, the demon remained silent; till at last, forced by the king, he broke out with shrill laughter into these words: "Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die.""

--Friedrich Nietzsche, The Birth of Tragedy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

At the start of this year, I told y'all we would be better than we all thought we would be, but that we would not win the Super Bowl.  It's impossible to win a Super Bowl when you pay your QB over 13% of the cap.  We were paying Rodgers over 14% of the cap. 

We made serious strides on defense.  I think Pettine should go, but that's a different discussion.  Next year, we will have Savage and Gary in their second years, the Smiths and Amos in the second year of the system and definite additions to the defense.  Everybody who matters is under contract. 

Aaron Rodgers is set to make less than 11% of the cap next year thanks to some of his cap hit being converted into a signing bonus this year.  That's huge.

I've said for a very long time that this year is not our year, but next year is. 

Deep run into the playoffs (got that experience for our young players).
Experience for LaFleur.
Strong cap health. 

Next year we are winning it all.  There is no doubt in my mind.  Get ready for it because it starts in September and ends a year and two weeks from now with our fifth Super Bowl win. 

Those two statements contradict one another you know that right? 

I agree with much of your optimism but we need some additional talent on the d-line and inside linebacker for sure. We've got to get guys at ILB who can run and tackle. 

Rodgers has to be told he's throwing in the rhythm of the offense or he's getting benched until he does. 

He also needs to be told to throw to the guys the coaching staff puts in the game. 

Edited by Golfman

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

Bold take: Rodgers retires this off-season and we're forced to draft a QB this year. 

He ****ing better not.  If he does I will dislike him forever.  If he retires, we still take his cap hit.  It would absolutely kill us if he did. 

• Like 1