Time To Heal (Or How I Learned to Stop Crying and Look Forward to the 2020 Season and Love the Future)

MacReady

The challenge is drafting at the bottom of each round, I don't see Gute being able to adequately shore up all the needs in just this one coming offseason. This draft's depth seems to me to be at WR, CB, RB. It is scarce for TE, ILB, DL, OT. Ok, there are some mid round ILB 's, but are they gonna be any better than Martinez? So hopefully in free agency they can address at least one of these scarcer positions. In the draft, I'd pick a couple WR's early, say between rounds 1 & 4. I think the Packers have a better shot at improving the offense than the defense, just given how this Draft's positional depth lines up. (Granted, even here, this is assuming the rookie WR's pick things up very quickly, which is far from a given.) I think this Defense will continue to suck against the run next season. Hope I'm wrong. 

Listen you idiots...

Nobody had us here in the preseason. NFCCG and 14 wins? Come on. Nobody predicted that. This year was a massive ******* success. 

We are PRIMED for a good run of playoff appearances. The arrow is pointing UP for the Packers right now. We have cap space and a good core of players on both sides of the ball. A few key additions and we’re back here again. 

I for one am happy as hell about this team. And proud.

No talk about our toilet habits ever again. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

This year was a massive ******* success. 

Agreed, sort of. Except in the fact that playoff exits used to be bad, then everyone decided it was cool again because everyone got fired. It's still the same result.

Also, poopy.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Agreed, sort of. Except in the fact that playoff exits used to be bad, then everyone decided it was cool again because everyone got fired. It's still the same result.

The difference with this year's exit is that it feels like we overachieved and have better years ahead of us. 

It was never like that before.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The draft is full of great WRs, some of which will be available between #30 and #62 (#61?).  There are a lot of quality DTs who are free agents this offseason.

The bigger concerns are "where can we find a decent LB" and "where can we find a decent TE".

Spot on.   FA fill the DL.   Draft fill the WR spots.  

Except history is against you.

Go look at how many times Packers made the playoffs since 2000. 

Answer: 13 Times

How many Super Bowls wins: 1

How many times since 1993? 19 times

How many Super Bowls? 2 Wins (3 appearances).

This team will continue to struggle against stacked teams in the playoffs. AR will continue to choke. And whoever our D coordinator is will continue to give up records for the history books.

There is something about these elite teams that causes our offense and defense to forget how to play football completely. Until you fix that it won’t matter who you field or sign.

5 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

This team will continue to struggle against stacked teams in the playoffs. AR will continue to choke. And whoever our D coordinator is will continue to give up records for the history books.

There is something about these elite teams that causes our offense and defense to forget how to play football completely. Until you fix that it won’t matter who you field or sign.

The narrative felt better this year. A lot better.

12 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

I mean, on average you'd expect a SB win once every 12 appearances, so 2 wins in 19 appearance is above average.

Every team will struggle against a stacked team. Hopefully that stacked team is us next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

The difference with this year's exit is that it feels like we overachieved and have better years ahead of us. 

It was never like that before.

That's just because people had different expectations. whether they should or shouldn't have had different expectations is another story.