Time To Heal (Or How I Learned to Stop Crying and Look Forward to the 2020 Season and Love the Future)

MacReady

31 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

This. So much this.

Whether Pettine stays or gets fired, the talent up the middle of the D must be upgraded.

Lowry was not good this season while Adams has been lousy (or hurt) throughout his 3 seasons in Green Bay and could hardly get on the field this year. (Hard to blame a JAG like Lancaster for being asked to be anything other than a JAG but he got way too many snaps in 2019).

Behind this trio of nobodies are another easily replaced JAG in Goodson and Martinez.

Get to work Gute.

Be he a JAG, he's a pretty good one. All we need from him is to create piles in the run game and push the pocket, which he did about as well as he could most of the year. Would've been nice to see him next to Clark with Lowry plugging up both A gaps and forcing Mostert or whoever to have to bounce it to the outside....

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Be he a JAG, he's a pretty good one. All we need from him is to create piles in the run game and push the pocket, which he did about as well as he could most of the year. Would've been nice to see him next to Clark with Lowry plugging up both A gaps and forcing Mostert or whoever to have to bounce it to the outside....

You mean like this?

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

You mean like this?

Not at all actually. What I proposed was three guys in the middle with the Smith's on either end and two ILB's or an ILB and DB directly behind them as a second line of defense. Even in this play, you really don't have three guys in the middle because one of those guys stands up right as the ball was snapped making him a sitting duck. You also have to consider that they're already inside the 10 yard line so the only way we make a stand with our personnel is if we make Jimmy throw and we could've done so by scheme. What you see in the initial formation is a classic 3-4 look, but with a LB cheating up. The issue is because you have EVERYONE on the line, you leave yourself open to the swinging gate block the two TE's execute at the top of the screen. Our look would have worked if they weren't so close to the end zone as most of their runs were up the A gap. We would've been able to figure out or at least slow down their run game had we forced them outside more often to adjust our personnel. ....then again, Pettine doesn't know how to make adjustments...

59 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For the uninformed crowd out there...

I get all this but this is predicated on the idea that the defense was going to give up that many points regardless of how the offense fairs as well.

We all know the defense sucked Sunday and sucked too many other playoff losses. I'm certainly not in denial there.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I get all this but this is predicated on the idea that the defense was going to give up that many points regardless of how the offense fairs as well.

We all know the defense sucked Sunday and sucked too many other playoff losses. I'm certainly not in denial there.

I think this is directed at all those people complaining about the receivers or Rodgers...

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Lombardi has had it in for LaFleur and the Packers since McCarthy got canned.  He's right though .. it was awful.  Has to be one of the worst ever.

Yep.  Embarrassing, and certainly does little to ease my mind that we have the right mix of football minds on this team right now, capable of proper preparation for big games.  I can live with the first Niner game.  The second is a head-scratcher.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Yep.  Embarrassing, and certainly does little to ease my mind that we have the right mix of football minds on this team right now, capable of proper preparation for big games.  I can live with the first Niner game.  The second is a head-scratcher.

All we can hope is that LaFleur takes the steps to see that it doesn't happen a again.  Hopefully it's a big learning experience for him.  Got to figure Pettine is on shaky ground.  The way that Shanahan attacked Pettine's defense you'd think it was almost personal.  After seeing a video the other day of that sideline incident between Pettine and Shanahan when they worked together, I think it was.  Shanahan wanted to humiliate Pettine, and I think he accomplished it.

• Like 1