Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs

onejayhawk

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

SF is not TEN. They have a really good running too but they have a more creative passing offense and a better defense. I think it will be close but we can't have a slow start again. 

Gonna be key for the Defense to not allow 2 long possessions early.   Offense really starts rolling once Andy and Patrick get a key on what the defense is doing.   Give the offense 2 possessions before the 8 minute mark of the 1st and should avoid another slow start 

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

SF is not TEN. They have a really good running too but they have a more creative passing offense and a better defense. I think it will be close but we can't have a slow start again. 

Their running game is up there with Tennessee, though it doesn't rely on one RB nearly as much. Also comparable is their ability to play from behind. 

We held Derrick Henry to under 4 yards per attempt on 13 first down carries and 69 yards for the game. If we can do that, we can keep them from long drives and give Mahomes the ball. 

J

11 hours ago, Kirill said:

Wow. The majority of NFL General thinks we're gonna lose.

That could just be because they saw the Niners destruction of the Packers last so it is fresh on their minds. 

I don't see any way this game isn't competitive and doesn't come down to the wire. I was confident we would beat both Minnesota/Green Bay by double digits, but don't for any second believe that will happen here. Everyone will say this is a great offense vs great defense type of match up, but that would be lazy analysis. The Chiefs defense for over two months has been damn good, and likewise for the Niners offense. 

One of the keys will be if the Chiefs can generate the big plays they usually do in the passing game or can SF prevent them as they usually do? SF was the best in the league in allowing the least amount of 20+ passing plays and the Chiefs are insanely good in that area. 

12 hours ago, Kirill said:

Wow. The majority of NFL General thinks we're gonna lose.

I think it has to do mostly with people not realizing our defense is MUCH better than earl in the season.  I’m not saying 49ers are the Titans but all we heard all week was we wouldn’t be able to stop Henry and we did, and Henry>Mostert 

1 hour ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I think it has to do mostly with people not realizing our defense is MUCH better than earl in the season.  I’m not saying 49ers are the Titans but all we heard all week was we wouldn’t be able to stop Henry and we did, and Henry>Mostert 

I agree about your defense. I've been telling people for months it's underrated. 

Kyle Shanahan >>>> whoever calls Tennessees plays 

1 hour ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I'm not sure Henry is that much better than Mostert. He does get a lot more carries, but Mostert leads the NFL in per carry value, per FBO. Still, we kept Henry's average under 4 ypc on 1st down. If we can do that to the SF running game, we'll get some stops. Then it's just a matter of scoring on one more possession than they do. Then again, that the eight game winning streak in a sentence.

J

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Which QB drafted by the chiefs has the most passing TDs ever? 

If your answer was Rodger Staubach, YOU ARE CORRECT!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=cNSED

Apparently both the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Texans drafted him. He would go on to be a HOF player for the Cowboys, and the Dallas Texans would move to KC and become the Chiefs. 

Little trivia for you all. Mahomes will probably surpass him in ~2 years, but I thought it was interesting.

Didnt know where to put this in your forum. Rooting for you guys this year. Your team is from Dallas. Pat grew up a huge Cowboys fan. The state of Texas has your back!

BBQ Bros!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Not that simple. It's a completely different run game to try and stop. With the niners, you're trying to stop a scheme, not a player. 

That being said, I don't think the niners would win this on the back of their running game if they win. 

• Like 1