Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs

onejayhawk

San Frasisco has a great defense, but Reid has two weeks to prepare for it. Defensively, the 49ers are diverse. Their pass rush is excellent and they have premier 3rd down success. It will be difficult to scheme against it, but Reid is the best at using a week off for adjustments. They have not faced our team speed.

Offensively, instead of two elite units facing off, it two solid but not outstanding units. SF has a nice scheme that runs the ball very well. Rather than challenge the defense with a great back, they make the defense execute perfectly. Our defense has come a long way, but this will be a challenge. We won the Tennessee game by controlling 1st down. That should be a key again. If we have more second and seven or more than second five or less, we should keep them from driving. If they cannot eat the clock, Mahomes gets that ball.

Special teams, the Chiefs are the best. The 49ers are merely very good.

J

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chiefs fans, how confident are you in this game? Like have any fear of the Niners or are pretty confident the team will win this game? Which team would have given you more reason to pause, the Niners or Ravens in the AFCCG? 

Pretty confident 

yes I fear you guys, Shanahan and his disciples have been a Chiefs foe for over 20 years. Great system that produces. Your defense is amazing with a supremely talented DL. Great safeties and Sherman still prowling. 

9ers for sure. We’ve had practice against Lamar now at this point. That game against you guys last year is a lot closer if Jimmy G doesn’t get hurt.

19 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Pretty confident 

yes I fear you guys, Shanahan and his disciples have been a Chiefs foe for over 20 years. Great system that produces. Your defense is amazing with a supremely talented DL. Great safeties and Sherman still prowling. 

9ers for sure. We’ve had practice against Lamar now at this point. That game against you guys last year is a lot closer if Jimmy G doesn’t get hurt.

Jimmy got hurt late in the game but the Niners did get in a nice rhythm. But you allow 35 points in the first half, then you are going to lose PERIOD. Maybe Jimmy makes it a bit closer, but that was the Chiefs game all along. Reid and the crew had such a great game plan and just killed the Niners with so many different types of screens and quick hitters.

I think most Niners fans are definitely scared of this game and some of them think we don't have much of a chance. I don't see it that way. I see this being a very competitive game that comes down to the wire. 

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

49ers are Big and Fast on defense. Our Oline has been great. They will have to be a little more great in this game.

The SF secondary can be beat by our world class relay WR's. But our Oline needs to keep SF off of Mahomes.

We need to bootleg and screens add short fast yardage plays

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy got hurt late in the game but the Niners did get in a nice rhythm. But you allow 35 points in the first half, then you are going to lose PERIOD. Maybe Jimmy makes it a bit closer, but that was the Chiefs game all along. Reid and the crew had such a great game plan and just killed the Niners with so many different types of screens and quick hitters.

I think most Niners fans are definitely scared of this game and some of them think we don't have much of a chance. I don't see it that way. I see this being a very competitive game that comes down to the wire. 

Our defense was highly suspect last year. You guys could’ve gotten pretty close if not achieved a comeback in a shootout.

I think you’ll find for the most part Chiefs fans have a similar mindset. Going to be a very competitive game with a lot of back and forth. Best Super Bowl in a while I think.

I’m surprised yours believes you have no chance. You’re an elite team for sure, could easily crush it.

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Our defense was highly suspect last year. You guys could’ve gotten pretty close if not achieved a comeback in a shootout.

I think you’ll find for the most part Chiefs fans have a similar mindset. Going to be a very competitive game with a lot of back and forth. Best Super Bowl in a while I think.

I’m surprised yours believes you have no chance. You’re an elite team for sure, could easily crush it.

Yeah, I really do think our offense has a big drive at the end and then it comes down to Mahomes against our defense to decide the NFL. Your guy can become a LEGEND in about 10 or so days....Just hoping that doesn't happen! Lol. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I really do think our offense has a big drive at the end and then it comes down to Mahomes against our defense to decide the NFL. Your guy can become a LEGEND in about 10 or so days....Just hoping that doesn't happen! Lol. 

As a 9er fan gotta be interesting seeing what looks like an all time QB not in your colors(although they’re pretty close😂)

His legend is why I’m so confident despite your teams eliteness. I think he can pull through, he has so far.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm referring to the Niners allowing 35 to KC in the first half last season. 

The niners defense is really better than 35pts/1st. half. But if any team can do it, it's the Chiefs with Mahomes and his track team WR's

Edited by mayanfootball

31 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

The niners defense is really better than 35pts/1st. half. But if any team can do it, it's the Chiefs with Mahomes and his track team WR's

I mean they may be now, but the 35 points definitely happened last year. They weren't good enough to stop the Chiefs last season. Need a MUCH better start this time around to have a chance. 

6 hours ago, valkrei said:

We need to bootleg and screens add short fast yardage plays

I'm expecting a few end arounds to Hill as well. I think Reid may target the field horizontally a little bit to try and wear the defense out running side line to side line before setting up the big vertical shots. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm expecting a few end arounds to Hill as well. I think Reid may target the field horizontally a little bit to try and wear the defense out running side line to side line before setting up the big vertical shots. 

Expect a jet sweep from Hardman, or a fake.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chiefs fans, how confident are you in this game? Like have any fear of the Niners or are pretty confident the team will win this game? Which team would have given you more reason to pause, the Niners or Ravens in the AFCCG? 

50/50 to me. Teams are very differently composed but similarly talented, IMO. Outstanding coaching staffs on each side as well.

• Like 1