Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

50/50 to me. Teams are very differently composed but similarly talented, IMO. Outstanding coaching staffs on each side as well.

Yeah, teams are loaded in different ways, but loaded nonetheless. If you just accept this game is going to be tight and close til the end, it will be a bit easier to watch without being a nervous wreck lol.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, teams are loaded in different ways, but loaded nonetheless. If you just accept this game is going to be tight and close til the end, it will be a bit easier to watch without being a nervous wreck lol.

You know, I can tell myself that now. Like right now, I'm content whatever happens. We're in the superbowl, first time in my lifetime, and that's freaking fantastic. Further than I had any right to expect us to go. And we have a lot of Mahomes left no matter what happens in that game. It isn't like a Giants/Pats kind of thing where us losing would be a huge upset or something either, so right now, I can say that I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome, and I'm pleased with the season no matter what.

But when gameday hits, I'll be a nervous wreck regardless. Even if we go way up I'll be a nervous wreck. Just part of the deal, I suppose.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

You know, I can tell myself that now. Like right now, I'm content whatever happens. We're in the superbowl, first time in my lifetime, and that's freaking fantastic. Further than I had any right to expect us to go. And we have a lot of Mahomes left no matter what happens in that game. It isn't like a Giants/Pats kind of thing where us losing would be a huge upset or something either, so right now, I can say that I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome, and I'm pleased with the season no matter what.

But when gameday hits, I'll be a nervous wreck regardless. Even if we go way up I'll be a nervous wreck. Just part of the deal, I suppose.

Alcohol helps.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Absolutely, but I'm going to try my best to keep my emotions in check for this game lol. We shall see how it works...or most likely how it fails, but I'd be very surprised if a team gets blown out.

I will say, this Chiefs team has some 2012 Niners to them. That team started out in deficits in all their playoff games and then came roaring back. Unfortunately for us, we weren't able to quite get over the hump against Baltimore after getting down 28-6 at halftime.

For the Niners sake this time around, I'm hoping we jump out to a big lead and hold on at the end! 

On 1/22/2020 at 10:27 PM, Jakuvious said:

50/50 to me. Teams are very differently composed but similarly talented, IMO. Outstanding coaching staffs on each side as well.

Right. NFL General acts like they're way more balanced than us. I'm not seeing it. We clearly have the better offense and special teams. 2 > 1.

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Right. NFL General acts like they're way more balanced than us. I'm not seeing it. We clearly have the better offense and special teams. 2 > 1.

The 49ers offense and defense are closer to the same level. That makes them better rounded. Almost no one takes Special teams into account. 

You can make a case. Their defense is as good as our offense, but their offense is better than our defense. However, it's a false equivalent. They have a fast, athletic defense but they have not played anyone with our team speed, or anyone as creative as PM II. Their offense is good, but a lot was done with superior game planning. I'm betting that they don't have that advantage in this game. 

By the numbers, the Chiefs are a clear favorite, just like against Houston. It did not stop us from having a couple ST breakdowns and turnovers. I don't see us scoring seven straight TDs on this defense. If we get five, at least one will likely be off turnover.

BTW Turnover +/- Chiefs +8, 49ers +4

J

48 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Hey guys 49ers fan here. Just wanted to say I hope we see a great game and a win for the 49ers of course. It should be a great matchup. Here's to no injuries and an awesome game.

I agree on a safe game incarcerated scarf ace

• Like 1

There is an interesting article going through the roster, position by position. Chiefs have the better QB, 49ers have better RB and FB. WE  ahve all three WR slots. They have 3 better OL, we have two, and so on. The only call I disagree with is TE, and that is very close. They give it to Kittle on blocking. We sweep all four ST slots, which very few articles touch upon.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/super_bowl_liv_position_by_position_breakdown/s1__31161647#slide_23

J

On 1/28/2020 at 11:50 AM, samsel23 said:

I dislike how everyone says we are superstars but lack a balanced team.  

Not saying we are as balanced as SF, but we aren’t running scrubs out there beside our stars 

I think people have missed how well this roster has filled out over the course of the last year. Last year we had a VERY feast or famine roster. Bunch of stars, but then our starting roster still included Ron Parker/Eric Murray/the corpse of Eric Berry, Allen Bailey, Cam Erving, rookie Derrick Nnadi, the garbage version of Anthony Hitchens.....hell, remember Breeland Speaks? I don't want to, but I do. Even someone like Chris Conley seems underwhelming compared to our current roster. I feel like we had 5 or 6 players getting meaningful late season snaps last year that were worse than our worst common denominator now. Between Spags gelling better with guys like Hitchens and Ragland, guys like Nnadi and Ward developing, and the additions in the draft and FA, our roster is so much more thoroughly built and balanced than what a lot of people know, I think.

• Like 2