Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs

onejayhawk

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Every last "overpaid" player on this roster was worth their weight in gold during the postseason run. Clark, Watkins, Hitchens, even Sorensen, we would not have made it all the way without them.

Brett Veach is the freaking man.

I'll eat my words on Veach. He got us the tools to get a SB, great job by him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Every last "overpaid" player on this roster was worth their weight in gold during the postseason run. Clark, Watkins, Hitchens, even Sorensen, we would not have made it all the way without them.

Brett Veach is the freaking man.

Yeah we got it!  Couldn't be happier! 

However, that doesn't mean that we didn't overpay and that we aren't stuck in a rough spot the next couple of years.  Anthony Hitchens improved this year but he's limited and we still need an upgrade at the mike spot. Frank Clark has under produced, he got ate up last night and his regular season wasn't that great for his contract.  I'm good with Watkins and Sorensen, always have been because we were never stuck with those contracts long term like we are with Clark and Hitchens.  

What made the Patriots a consistent dynasty wasn't just their play on the field.  The other half was their ability to manage the salary cap and never overpay.  We have a lot of work to do with the salary cap and I think keeping Chris Jones is essential.  He was the guy on the defense who was the true difference maker in the AFC Championship and in the Superbowl. 

8 hours ago, G08 said:

Before turning 24.5 years of age, Patrick Mahomes has accomplished the following:

Super Bowl Champion
Super Bowl MVP
Regular Season MVP
5,000+ yard passing season
50 passing TD season

That's wild. Like I've said, he's a better version of Aaron Rodgers.

Congrats. I'm happy for you guys. Good luck going forward.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, G08 said:

Before turning 24.5 years of age, Patrick Mahomes has accomplished the following:

Super Bowl Champion
Super Bowl MVP
Regular Season MVP
5,000+ yard passing season
50 passing TD season

Best football player to ever walk planet Earth.

• Like 1

It still feels surreal. We're Super Bowl Champions and writing this gets me tears of joy in my eyes.

I just wrote an essay in german about the importance, our way to this vicotry and what it feels like. It's crazy. I can't imagine, what it must feels like for you guys. I have no idea how old you are, but for you and all those Chiefs fans out there, maybe living all their lives without a Super Bowl victory and finally got one, must feel like the greatest feeling on earth and a thousand times more emotional than everything that i can feel right now, after beeing a fan for just 6 years. I'm so happy for Andy Reid and this team. I'm so happy for the fans. It's absolutely unbelievable. Since this team started building, especially since Andy Reid became our head coach it was all in the making. Unfortunately there are legends out there, that aren't part of the team anymore to witness and get their well deserved victory. Just in those past years guys like Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Tamba Hali and even Justin Houston. All those guys played a big part for this team under Andy Reid. Hell, i can't forget Alex Smith. What a great guy and what a phenomenal kind of person he seems to be and i couldn't thank him more from beeing a professional and helping growing Mahomes to the QB he is today. I'm so happy that he's still alive after his brutal leg injury. I'm not sure if he's every coming back to the field, but if he does u can be sure that i will be rooting hard for this guy.

The moment we drafted Mahomes was amazing. A moment of joy. I never would have thought, that he would be THAT good. I was confident, that we're the perfect place for him to learn and grow and i was confident, that he would be good here, but i would have never thought he would be that kind of a QB. Last year was so tough. Losing against the Patriots was one of the most heartbreaking moments in my football fanship. That offside penalty of Dee Ford that neglected Bradys interception. The coin toss we lost and that gave Brady the ball in his hands, to do Brady stuff and picking apart our secondary was so tough to take. This team really learned from it. It feels like Mahomes learned from it and put this years teams on his back in probably one of the greatest postseason runs of all time. Making huge comebacks in all 3 postseason games. That's just from a different world.

Bob Sutton left the team after the last season and Steve Spagnuolo was named the new DC. He changed the defense from a 3-4 unit to a 4-3 unit. We lost important guys, but got important guys back. Guys like the Honey Badger who were absolute leaders of this team. Brett Veach and als our former GM John Dorsey did a phenomenal job to build this team. This years draft was pretty good for us. Veach did a good job and found players during the season to complement the team. Mike Pennel. Stefan Wisniewski. Those 2 guys played important roles in this team.

And finally Andy Reid. He finally got his ring. He finally showed the middle finger to all those critics and he finally cemented his legacy, that will end in a Hall of Fame honour one day. What he's doing for our team is phenomenal and what he's doing in this league is phenomenal as well. One of the greatest coaches ever in this league and a coach that left his foot prints all over this league in those last decades. His offenses are innovated and his coaching tree is unprecedented and he's probably still not done yet.

Some of you probably already read it. But this story of Chiefs.com is amazing to read.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/longforms/the-andy-reid-story

I wrote a lot again. It's just surreal. Nobody can ever take this away from us. Nobody!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Best football player to ever walk planet Earth.

I read someone sum it up earlier as; he's prime Aaron Rodgers, but better. Also comes across as ridiculously humble and down to earth. He still has room for growth too, as ridiculous as that is.

Edited by kempus
  • Like 1

Just now, kempus said:

I read someone sum it up earlier as; he's prime Aaron Rodgers, but better. Also comes across as ridiculously humble and down to earth. He still has room for growth too, as ridiculous as that is.

When he lost last year he told Teddy Bruschi his focus in the offseason was going to be to improve as a leader and at going up and talking to vets. I just saw an interview a week ago where Tyran Mathieu basically said he's never seen a leader as good as Mahomes, saying when he comes off the field Mahomes always looks in Mathieu's eyes and just says "Lead."

Was happy to see Mathieu pissed off going off on the sidelines towards the end of the game. Defense needed that spark. We have two of the top 5 leaders in all of football with him and Mahomes.

7 minutes ago, Kirill said:

When he lost last year he told Teddy Bruschi his focus in the offseason was going to be to improve as a leader and at going up and talking to vets. I just saw an interview a week ago where Tyran Mathieu basically said he's never seen a leader as good as Mahomes, saying when he comes off the field Mahomes always looks in Mathieu's eyes and just says "Lead."

Was happy to see Mathieu pissed off going off on the sidelines towards the end of the game. Defense needed that spark. We have two of the top 5 leaders in all of football with him and Mahomes.

Mathieu was an incredible FA move. Transformed the D. The video of Mahomes hugging every player in the locker room is awesome. 

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's wild. Like I've said, he's a better version of Aaron Rodgers.

Congrats. I'm happy for you guys. Good luck going forward.

It's a Hall of Fame resume and the dude has only been a starter for 2 freaking seasons. Insane.

• Like 2

I want to congratulate you all on your Super Bowl victory. We are division rivals, but outside of that, we are football fans. And I respect the hell out of your management and team structure. I love Mahomes, he's a great kid and an extraordinary quarterback. Having him in the division means that the Broncos must strive for excellence, or die.

I hope we have worthy battles on the gridiron in the future.

In the meantime, enjoy being champions. It was well-earned.

• Like 3

one of the craziest plays I've ever seen .. weird moves upfront .. but look at the OL: an odd front with Fisher on the far right and Kelce as the "LT".
Guess the Little dance in the backfield - moving Robinson to the ouside caused a little bit of confusion and adjustment.

Edited by KC_Guy