Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs Chiefs

onejayhawk

Still need o line.

Well, Bosa got 1sack only. Buckner got 1.5 sacks. So many no.1 draft picks. Our Oline did more than maybe I thot they would as I stated before the game. Fisher is avg. Wisniewski is 35 and a mid season replacement and Reiter is a 7th. rd. pick.. Agree we need more help, but dang I thot they did alright !!

Edited by mayanfootball

10 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Well, Bosa got 1sack only. Buckner got 1.5 sacks. So many no.1 draft picks. Our Oline did more than maybe I thot they would as I stated before the game. Fisher is avg. Wisniewski is 35 and a mid season replacement and Reiter is a 7th. rd. pick.. Agree we need more help, but dang I thot they did alright !!

Fisher and Schwartz are fine..   Reiter should start next year..  definitely need more competition at OG though.   Only reason it wasn’t more sacks is because Mahomes is great at avoiding them..   they definitely had his footwork all sorts of jacked up a majority of the game though. 

43 minutes ago, samsel23 said:
55 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Fisher and Schwartz are fine..   Reiter should start next year..  definitely need more competition at OG though.   Only reason it wasn’t more sacks is because Mahomes is great at avoiding them..   they definitely had his footwork all sorts of jacked up a majority of the game though. 

Footwork was "alright". Mahomes was just "off" on many short, intermediate passes. The ball came out in a "downward" trajectory, hence they ended up short in the grass. Did u notice how deep Mahomes was dropping back? And in the 4th. qtr. he relied on arm strength from those deep drop backs.

We got ourselves in such a bad way with rushing for 2-3yd. gains too much. Thank God Bienemy woke Reid up to step on the gas mid 4th.qtr.

Edited by mayanfootball

13 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Footwork was "alright". Mahomes was just "off" on many short, intermediate passes. The ball came out in a "downward" trajectory, hence they ended up short in the grass. Did u notice how deep Mahomes was dropping back? And in the 4th. qtr. he relied on arm strength from those deep drop backs.

We got ourselves in such a bad way with rushing for 2-3yd. gains too much. Thank God Bienemy woke Reid up to step on the gas mid 4th.qtr.

They were off because of his footwork and he was rattled..   O-line definitely didn’t do us any favors,   If anything the hurry up just gassed their DL to the point where our OL could actually keep with them,   Aside from Schwartz who is a rock no matter what

4 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

They were off because of his footwork and he was rattled..

The downward trajectory on some early short/intermediate passes was not a 1 game affair. He was doing that the throughout the playoffs. I think it's just natural for him and he corrects it midgame. Some games faster than others.

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Reiter is weak so are the guards

15 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

The downward trajectory on some early short/intermediate passes was not a 1 game affair. He was doing that the throughout the playoffs. I think it's just natural for him and he corrects it midgame. Some games faster than others.

I mean I guess.   Saying OL is not a need because of that game is crazy though,  they were awful aside from hurry up.  Schwartz was the only one holding his own.  Mahomes was definitely feeling their presence 

7 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Agree he could stand to improve. Maybe let's give him an offseason to hit the weights. I was pleased with Wisniewski and LDT. Wiz is 35 and aquitted himself well. I mean would you rather have had Cam Erving out there? Heck no. LDT showed me he's all the way back from injury.

I think KC should draft OL help. They could maybe displace Erving, Wylie, or Allegretti, Rankin, or Hunter.

4 hours ago, valkrei said:

I disagree. Reiter came a long way during the season. He's fine. The OG are thin. LDT keeps getting hurt, Wylie missed most of the season on IR and Wisniewski is 31. It's not a problem area, but better depth would be nice. While on the subject of age, Fisher and Schwartz are 29 and 31. We should be looking for a 2021 or 2022 starter rather than trying to fix what isn't broken. Ditto at TE. 

J

7 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Sounds like double talk? What does this mean? I've already stated that KC should improve the roster at OL and replace specific pieces on the OL.

And I disagree. The OL needs new blood, but no one place in particular. C is just getting up to competent. Reiter is young and athletic and he had a fine playoff/SB stretch, so this one least of all. OG has had a series of injuries. OT has age issues on the horizon. A high value prime pick is a good idea. It is not a need or a high priority.

J