SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

Something interesting to note and I'm not sure if it means anything but Mahomes hasn't thrown an INT since since the 12/19 game against the chargers. They haven't lost since 11/10. Why is this important, to me it's because in today's NFL sustainability only lasts so long. That doesn't mean teams aren't great for a long period of time but means they can be vulnerable. The Ravens haven't had a loss since September. Jackson was playing lights out like Mahomes. 

Thankfully the Niners lost the game a little over a month ago to the Falcons. Kittle hasn't had a monster game in the past few games so it could be his time. 

Obviously I can be completely off here but just something to note.  

**another example is the undefeated Patriots team. They were better for sure but they were vulnerable for one game. 

Edited by 49ers2015
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 49ers2015 said:

Something interesting to note and I'm not sure if it means anything but Mahomes hasn't thrown an INT since since the 12/19 game against the chargers. They haven't lost since 11/10. Why is this important, to me it's because in today's NFL sustainability only lasts so long. That doesn't mean teams aren't great for a long period of time but means they can be vulnerable. The Ravens haven't had a loss since September. Jackson was playing lights out like Mahomes. 

Thankfully the Niners lost the game a little over a month ago to the Falcons. Kittle hasn't had a monster game in the past few games so it could be his time. 

Obviously I can be completely off here but just something to note.  

I'm mildly curious of the defensive turnaround for KC. I feel like I watched a handful of their games this year, yet I guess I didn't pay that much attention. Their D was crap for a while, and then all of a sudden, pretty good. I know the current personnel.. love Chris Jones, and respect some others.. but what philosophical changes they made are a mystery for me. I remember their run D was pretty horrible, and they gave up lots of deeper passes... :/ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Lol it won't matter next wk. They just want their next great QB they can crown. KC wins it's where does Mahomes rank in NFL history or can he be better than Brady. We win it's great team amazing defense...boring. xD

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Lol it won't matter next wk. They just want their next great QB they can crown. KC wins it's where does Mahomes rank in NFL history or can he be better than Brady. We win it's great team amazing defense...boring. xD

if we win, who cares what the narrative is. I don't think those guys in the locker room really care outside of maybe Sherman lol 

That's what is so amazing about this group, no one needs/wants credit for what they are doing from anyone outside of our building. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I'm mildly curious of the defensive turnaround for KC. I feel like I watched a handful of their games this year, yet I guess I didn't pay that much attention. Their D was crap for a while, and then all of a sudden, pretty good. I know the current personnel.. love Chris Jones, and respect some others.. but what philosophical changes they made are a mystery for me. I remember their run D was pretty horrible, and they gave up lots of deeper passes... :/ 

Could be just a matter of everything coming together. There were a lot of new parts on that defense this year, new scheme that returning guys had to learn, etc. Wouldn't be surprising if it just took a while for everything to coalesce, especially with regards to communication and the like. They've been a good defense the second half of the year. 

So who's going to the game ? I was considering it. I was at the last one we were in and even thou we lost i had a blast. 
But I tried to get time off work to go but work said no chance. :( 

I got them back thou work rang me yesterday and ask if i could work a couple of extra days this week my response was to laugh say no and hang up.

Edited by Aussie9er
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

So who's going to the game ? I was considering it. I was at the last one we were in and even thou we lost i had a blast. 
But I tried to get time off work to go but work said no chance. :( 

I got them back thou work rang me yesterday and ask if i could work a couple of extra days this week my response was to laugh say no and hang up.

Ive been reading it's the most expensive Superbowl in history. Miami is an expensive city and this game has a ton of hype around it. 

I was hoping to go, a buddy of mine is just going to be in the area, which is actually not a bad idea lol 

I don't have 5k for one ticket in the nosebleeds lol 

I'm so torn about where to watch it to be honest. I don't like watching games on TV in big groups. Too many distractions. At the same time, I'm finnnaaaa raaagggeee when we win 

This is going to be an eternal level up for me. This one is gonna mean a lot if we are lucky enough to come up GOLDEN 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ive been reading it's the most expensive Superbowl in history. Miami is an expensive city and this game has a ton of hype around it. 

I was hoping to go, a buddy of mine is just going to be in the area, which is actually not a bad idea lol 

I don't have 5k for one ticket in the nosebleeds lol 

I'm so torn about where to watch it to be honest. I don't like watching games on TV in big groups. Too many distractions. At the same time, I'm finnnaaaa raaagggeee when we win 

This is going to be an eternal level up for me. This one is gonna mean a lot if we are lucky enough to come up GOLDEN 

Yeah i just checked the ticket would be more than double what i paid last time i went to Superbowl. Throw in plane ticket from perth australia, hotel, spending money atc i be looking at 10 grand atleast i reckon.  

Kinda of glad work said no to giving me the time off.  

I'm so hyped up, wishing the game would be this Sunday rather than the next just to get it over with. Living in Sweden, the game starts at midnight but have prepared by taking Monday off to celebrate just in case we win. Will have a couple of friends over but nothing big. Not too many football fans around here although it is growing year on year and the Super Bowl are at least on quite a few peoples' radar. 

• Like 3

Can you guys give me a summary why the Chiefs curb stomped you last year? Jimmy was healthy for 55 minutes. Doesn’t appear to be any turnovers. Run game looks good on the box score. Doesn’t ever really appear to be close. 

Also, how will you guys stop Tyreek Hill? Chiefs with and without Hill is a completely different team. I feel like he is their real MVP as crazy as that sounds. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Can you guys give me a summary why the Chiefs curb stomped you last year? Jimmy was healthy for 55 minutes. Doesn’t appear to be any turnovers. Run game looks good on the box score. Doesn’t ever really appear to be close. 

Also, how will you guys stop Tyreek Hill? Chiefs with and without Hill is a completely different team. I feel like he is their real MVP as crazy as that sounds. 

Simply put, we couldn't stop their offense at all in the first half. Reid and the crew killed the defense with a bunch of screens and quick hitters. They were converting 3rd and 15s with screens! Then Kelce was having his way regardless who was covering him. 

Offensively, Jimmy started picking it up late in the first half but it was too late then. The damage was already done. Early on the Chiefs pass rush was getting to him and he was flat out missing some easy throws.

As for how we will stop Hill? Honestly not sure he can be stopped but just playing disciplined on the back end. The defense allowed the least amount of 20+ yard plays for a reason. The defense relies on the LBs to be able to use their speed and athleticism to clean everything underneath and then the safeties to be in the right place over the top. 

Saleh in the 2nd half actually called more man coverage with the corners playing tighter at the LOS and it seemed to work much better. And this was with Sherman hurt at that point. Now, obviously the Chiefs had such a big lead that could have been fools gold. Either way, can't just give Mahomes one look all game long. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Simply put, we couldn't stop their offense at all in the first half. Reid and the crew killed the defense with a bunch of screens and quick hitters. They were converting 3rd and 15s with screens! Then Kelce was having his way regardless who was covering him. 

Offensively, Jimmy started picking it up late in the first half but it was too late then. The damage was already done. Early on the Chiefs pass rush was getting to him and he was flat out missing some easy throws.

As for how we will stop Hill? Honestly not sure he can be stopped but just playing disciplined on the back end. The defense allowed the least amount of 20+ yard plays for a reason. The defense relies on the LBs to be able to use their speed and athleticism to clean everything underneath and then the safeties to be in the right place over the top. 

Saleh in the 2nd half actually called more man coverage with the corners playing tighter at the LOS and it seemed to work much better. And this was with Sherman hurt at that point. Now, obviously the Chiefs had such a big lead that could have been fools gold. Either way, can't just give Mahomes one look all game long. 

How do you think they plan on stopping the Chiefs this time? Will Bosa make that much of a difference?