SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

How do you guys feel about Jimmy G after lastnights game? Im starting to worry he is what he is and we may need to be looking for a new QB in a few years. 

I've said it time & time again the Niners will not win a SB with Jimmy. The Niners franchise for some reason is not able to win a SB via the QB piggybacking off the team as it's always been the other way around e.g. Joe & Steve. Unless we find another elite QB no SB win will ever come again. 

16 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

How do you guys feel about Jimmy G after lastnights game? Im starting to worry he is what he is and we may need to be looking for a new QB in a few years. 

One game shouldn't change the feeling you had on him. Its one game. Honestly, it's one throw. He completes that pass to Sanders, its' a different topic of conversation. 

My stance on him has been pretty consistent. I think he's a  competent starting quarterback and he probably benefits a ton from having Shanny draw up plays. I have more faith in Shanny than I do Jimmy G, which I don't think is something that is a crazy thought. For me, he is what he is. That's not to say that he can't get better, but I'm a person who has to see it first, which is why I'm typically the last guy on this forum on any sort of wagon. I'm not going to assume that he's going to get better just because he doesn't have a lot of experience starting or because he was coming off an ACL injury. 

That being said, it simply does not matter. He's our guy for this particular super bowl window, which I would view as being 1-4 years in length. If it's shorter (say just this year, or just this year and next year), then it's likely closing because he regressed, got worse or didn't get it done based on the rest of our roster, the age, etc. If it lasts longer, he probably gets more time, but I could see a scenario where he gets changed out after year 4 based on age, possibly drafting some sort of project that pans out, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Blair DJJ Buckner Bosa with Ford rotating in and out won't be too bad. Only thing that sucks is that Blair will be coming off ACL surgery. Robert Quinn isn't going to be resigned so maybe he's an option but he maybe asking for a good chunk of change. Vic beasley? I don't know what happened to him in Atlanta. One moment he looks like the next big thing then he disappears.

Quinn wont break the bank. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he isn't a viable long-term starter. He'll get a fair 2-3 year deal but he wont get the kind of money other younger DEs like Ngakoue, Beasley, and Clowney will garner. 

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, Dub_City30 said:

Same way I did before the gm. Jimmy is who he is. Yes he will get better but that WTF moment will always be there. Hadn't cost us all yr and didn't last nite. As far as looking for another QB...I've been on board with getting a better backup QB. Till we get a better backup Jimmy is our guy. 

Our problem was we let the gm get in a situation where it was Pat vs Jimmy. All gm we had it where it was KC vs SF...that was the gm we can win with Jimmy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Same way I did before the gm. Jimmy is who he is. Yes he will get better but that WTF moment will always be there. Hadn't cost us all yr and didn't last nite. As far as looking for another QB...I've been on board with getting a better backup QB. Till we get a better backup Jimmy is our guy. 

Our problem was we let the gm get in a situation where it was Pat vs Jimmy. All gm we had it where it was KC vs SF...that was the gm we can win with Jimmy.

ALL      OF      THIS!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I feel like we always when the YPP game but then when we look at our points, it often times is just solid. Settling for too many FGs! Baltimore made it a point to pretty much go for every 4th and short and KC started doing that as well late in the season. Wonder if Shanny implements that type of thinking going forward?

Has to be hard knowing that you can punt it deep and let the defense work though

1 hour ago, Dub_City30 said:

How do you guys feel about Jimmy G after last nights game? Im starting to worry he is what he is and we may need to be looking for a new QB in a few years. 

Was disappointed in some things from the big game, but like others say, nothing's changed. He's a good QB and has had plenty of clutch moments. Just didn't happen to have the one we needed last night. I should probably go back and look at the game, but I don't know that I can stomach it, tbh. Perversely happy for Andy and KC, considering their history, but damn I wanted the Niners to raise that trophy again. 

Rather just move ahead to the Draft stuff, and maybe check out this new XFL ball to get through any boredom. 

I'm glad we have Jimmy, and I think he will get us there again. Sure got us a lot farther than anyone thought, way back in last August.

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

I've said it time & time again the Niners will not win a SB with Jimmy. The Niners franchise for some reason is not able to win a SB via the QB piggybacking off the team as it's always been the other way around e.g. Joe & Steve. Unless we find another elite QB no SB win will ever come again. 

We know, you made a thread about it and it was locked. Be gone.

25 minutes ago, sherm said:

However, as Forge stated if that throw to Sanders is o the money, which the radio crew and Donte Whitner said they ran in practice 12 times with Jimmy completing 11 of 12, we are singing a different tune and Jimmy would quite possibly have beat Pat.

Jimmy is fine. There is a lot that goes into being a SB caliber QB or and elite level QB. I think we all agree he has the physical tools. He may not be on par with Mahomes, but if he is the measuring stick then every team should pack up. I would say he definitely has the mental make up. Now it becomes a matter of developing the killer instinct along side of Kyle and really working to eliminate the mistakes and the missed receivers. I think Jimmy missed Kittle about 4 to 5 times. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Lol, I mean Mahomes was like 19/30 170 yards and 2 picks or something in the early 4th quarter before his bomb to Hill.  

Yeah, but his pass was complete while Jimmy missed on his throw to Manny. Just how it goes. Lis, Jimmy hits that pass, this entire narrative story today is different