SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Yeah, doesn't matter how you do, the score and the big play is what matters and what people remember. 

Just watched that play again...Mahomes to Hill. Feel bad for Moseley. As soon as they tackled Hill u could see Moseley tap his chest. Sucks we played smart and discipline ball all yr and the biggest gm of the yr we lost focus. 

There was a split second I was thinking to myself "Wow we are going to win holding the Chiefs offense to 10 points". I was already prepared for the coronation of this defense as one of the best to ever get the job done. Then the offense **** the bed on consecutive drives.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, sherm said:

Just watched that play again...Mahomes to Hill. Feel bad for Moseley. As soon as they tackled Hill u could see Moseley tap his chest. Sucks we played smart and discipline ball all yr and the biggest gm of the yr we lost focus. 

Still was enough time and opportunity for us to get the job done. Won't pin the whole game on that play. It was significant in terms of momentum swing and giving them life. But the offense doing absolutely nothing for a whole quarter was just as significant, if not more. I wasn't banking on the defense holding that offense to 10 points. I was expecting our offense to put up more than 20 points though....

For those who watched the entire game, how did the Chiefs score their last TD? I turned the game off when they stopped us on 4th down....

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Still was enough time and opportunity for us to get the job done. Won't pin the whole game on that play. It was significant in terms of momentum swing and giving them life. But the offense doing absolutely nothing for a whole quarter was just as significant, if not more. I wasn't banking on the defense holding that offense to 10 points. I was expecting our offense to put up more than 20 points though....

For those who watched the entire game, how did the Chiefs score their last TD? I turned the game off when they stopped us on 4th down....

No I wasn't blaming the loss on Moseley or that play...but it was the biggest play of the gm IMO. If we get them to 4th and 15 from their 35 yrd line with 7 min left...Reid has to decide does he go all in there(which he prob does) or punt and hope he defense stops us again. 

The TD(38 yards) came on an outside run which he bounced and nobody was there. Way too easy TD with the gm still in hand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

There was a split second I was thinking to myself "Wow we are going to win holding the Chiefs offense to 10 points". I was already prepared for the coronation of this defense as one of the best to ever get the job done. Then the offense **** the bed on consecutive drives.

I felt the same way. It was when the Niners got the ball back with 6 min to go in the game and I remember telling my wife that if the 49ers can punch one in, it will be game over. I was thinking of which kind of scotch I was going to drink for my victory drink. Then the 49ers went 3 and out and it was lost from there. 

How quickly the game can slip through their fingers. 

16 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I felt like we lost the game there.

Excatly. That decision and subsequent sequence of events was more significant than the 3rd and 15 conversion. 

I'm a firm believer in subtle nuisances and physce. And I believe it sent a bad message to Jimmy G and the offense that Shanny didn't have faith in them. He was more scared of Mahomes than having confidence in his own offense. He did the opposite against the Hawks when we played them in overtime during the regular season and the results of that game probably factored into his thoughts there.  He just over-analyzed that whole scenario. Totally different point of the game as well...plenty of time to re-group if that drive had indeed turned out disastrous. 

Edited by 757-NINER

16 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

What do we gotta do to win a Super Bowl? Next year I hope we go uo against every ****ty team in the playoffs and then hopefully play a weak *** team in the Super Bowl

Both times we've had a coach with a glaring game management issue he's refused to fix because he sees no problem with it. The 49ers in big games will now have two obstacles. The opposition, and their own coach's bad game management habit.

Edited by PapaShogun

Matt Maiocco's take on the Shanahan 4th quarter saga. I think this explains in detail why I more mad at what happened before halftime than in the 4th. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/what-kyle-shanahans-fourth-quarter-super-bowl-play-calling-should-tell-us?fbclid=IwAR28eeyehpd20usQmrVkOmWM4EueVIh3Pcd4z4--f4q__HqSHy2qQ2xq5QY

Edited by PapaShogun