SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

As a player? Probably, yeah. As a fan? Absolutely not. No one was expecting the 49ers to fire off 8 straight wins to start the year, win 13 games, win the division, win the conference, have a smothering defense, have an explosive offense, go to the Super Bowl, or have some of the most iconic games and plays of the year. As a fan, this was the most fun I had rooting for the Niners in years. The ride all season was a magical one and I loved every second of it. 

I get it and I'm trying to stay optimistic and some of you have probably waited longer than I have to see us win another one but because of how I felt after the Saint game(I thought this was our year) this year is a fail because we didn't get it done. The ride was magical but it was the end result...

17 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I get it and I'm trying to stay optimistic and some of you have probably waited longer than I have to see us win another one but because of how I felt after the Saint game(I thought this was our year) this year is a fail because we didn't get it done. The ride was magical but it was the end result...

To each their own, I suppose. I hate that we didn't win the Super Bowl, but that doesn't ruin the season for me. As a fan, I want to be entertained by a good on-field product from September to February. This year gave me that and I'm happy and thankful for it. 

I will take this season every year for the rest of my life over what we've seen for the past 5 years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

To each their own, I suppose. I hate that we didn't win the Super Bowl, but that doesn't ruin the season for me. As a fan, I want to be entertained by a good on-field product from September to February. This year gave me that and I'm happy and thankful for it. 

I will take this season every year for the rest of my life over what we've seen for the past 5 years. 

And I get it, It could be worse but dang it we were so freaking close. 

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm in withdrawal now from the team not being around on Sunday's so as a Fan this was a super enjoyable season. The end result sucked it did. Especially since San Fran was just a better team all year (not in the SB obviously). 

The previous 5 years were tough and for me personally the Harbaugh years were tough. I didn't like the personalities, most of the country didn't like Harbs, and I never thought they had that "it factor." However, to me this team did and maybe that's why the loss sucks. 

But the season was super enjoyable and I'm read for next year already...lol. Hopefully the XFL satisfies the hunger. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I'm in withdrawal now from the team not being around on Sunday's so as a Fan this was a super enjoyable season. The end result sucked it did. Especially since San Fran was just a better team all year (not in the SB obviously). 

The previous 5 years were tough and for me personally the Harbaugh years were tough. I didn't like the personalities, most of the country didn't like Harbs, and I never thought they had that "it factor." However, to me this team did and maybe that's why the loss sucks. 

But the season was super enjoyable and I'm read for next year already...lol. Hopefully the XFL satisfies the hunger. 

This. 

• Like 2

Advanced issues found

👕
36 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I'm in withdrawal now from the team not being around on Sunday's so as a Fan this was a super enjoyable season. The end result sucked it did. Especially since San Fran was just a better team all year (not in the SB obviously)

The 49ers were the better team for the entire game outside of the last couple drives. Basically, for 54 out of the 60 minutes. If they didn't go 3 and out with 6 min to go, I'm confident they would've won and spoiled the NFL's hopes and dreams. 

Thinking about Super Bowl still hurts, but thinking about the last 5 months gives me so much joy. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I hate to say its a failed season but it is.

Lol not even remotely a failed season. 

failed season would have been 6-8 wins. we were friggen 13-3 then won two playoff games by a combined 34 points. this season was a big success and hopefully was a springboard to a tremendous 5 year run 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

As a player? Probably, yeah. As a fan? Absolutely not. No one was expecting the 49ers to fire off 8 straight wins to start the year, win 13 games, win the division, win the conference, have a smothering defense, have an explosive offense, go to the Super Bowl, or have some of the most iconic games and plays of the year. As a fan, this was the most fun I had rooting for the Niners in years. The ride all season was a magical one and I loved every second of it. 

We well over-acheived our pre-season expectations. BUT you can't let a insanely magical season end with you blowing a SB win. As a fan, I don't feel like we accomplished anything other than letting the rest of the league know we're back to being a contender. That's it.

As dominant as we were in the regular season and playoffs, a SB would have put that bow on a spectacular run. Now we're just another team who had a great regular season, only to go on and not win the Lombardi. There's tons of those kind of teams littered through NFL history. Nobody will remember this past season as it ages. Just like no one brings up the Pats going undefeated in the regular season back in 2007. Why?? Because they didn't close the deal.

It is extremely difficult to reach a SB. Once you get there, YOU MUST captialize on the opportunity. We didn't so I don't see the season as a success, considering the position we were in. Of course you could say our future looks bright and we should be one of the better teams in the league the next couple. But that doesn't guarantee another SB birth.  If you compare it to where we were this time last year, yea this season was a big turnaround. But calling it a success after losing a SB...I just can't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

But calling it a success after losing a SB...I just can't.

so if we would have lost the nfccg you would feel better about it? Or if we would have won 10 games but not made the playoffs? Where is the line of success vs not success? because by your logic there is only one successful team each year, which is flat out untrue

As dominant as we were in the regular season and playoffs, a SB would have put that bow on a spectacular run. Now we're just another team who had a great regular season, only to go on and not win the Lombardi. There's tons of those kind of teams littered through NFL history. Nobody will remember this past season as it ages. Just like no one brings up the Pats going undefeated in the regular season back in 2007. Why?? Because they didn't close the deal.

you don't have to be a historically great team to have a successful year. Just because non niners fans wont remember this year doesn't mean it was a failure. 

We well over-acheived our pre-season expectations. BUT you can't let a insanely magical season end with you blowing a SB win. As a fan, I don't feel like we accomplished anything other than letting the rest of the league know we're back to being a contender. That's it

It was much more than that imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49ers2015 said:

IDK, we had a lot of guys playing in their primes/young draft picks. So many of our core members were from the 07, 09 (Crabs/RJF/Boone) as well as the 2010 & 2011 classes. And we had a young QB who was an amazing weapon in the 2nd half of the 2012 season. And at the time, Baalke/Harbs looked like a great GM/HC combo. Its kind of impressive how fast the whole thing imploded. If Harbs got along with York/Paraag, i wonder how things would have panned out. 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

IDK, we had a lot of guys playing in their primes/young draft picks. So many of our core members were from the 07, 09 (Crabs/RJF/Boone) as well as the 2010 & 2011 classes. And we had a young QB who was an amazing weapon in the 2nd half of the 2012 season. And at the time, Baalke/Harbs looked like a great GM/HC combo. Its kind of impressive how fast the whole thing imploded. If Harbs got along with York/Paraag, i wonder how things would have panned out. 

Everything Harbaugh touches ends in disappointment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Lol not even remotely a failed season. 

failed season would have been 6-8 wins. we were friggen 13-3 then won two playoff games by a combined 34 points. this season was a big success and hopefully was a springboard to a tremendous 5 year run 

Depends what the expectations are, which will be different for everyone. I remember Brent Jones back in the day echoed the sentiment that each year the 49ers didn't win the Super Bowl was a failure. And his worst season was 10-6.

15 hours ago, 49ers2015 said:

Don't blame you. I actually watched my 1994-95 video yearbook on VHS...that made me feel better..lol 

I was gonna do the same thing, but it was just too pathetic in my mind lol. I think I have every 49ers NFL Yearbook from 1981 to 1998 except the 1982 and 1997 season. I'll probably revisit the gems in a few months.

Edited by PapaShogun