SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872403-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-nfl-insiders-think-sb-liv-is-the-chiefs-to-lose

I think this ties along with what most pundits think as well. Surprisingly though, the poll in the gen forum has the Niners winning. Maybe there are just far more Niners fans than Chiefs fans on this site lol.

No doubt there are more 49ers than chiefs fans here. Also, I think that people on FF are putting a lot of emphasis on the 49ers having the "more complete team", and I'd wager a decent amount that NFL execs and coaches would put far more emphasis on the better  quarterback as opposed to the "complete team", which is why you're getting the landslide votes for the chiefs. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Just feels like every week lately, there are comments that add flavor-drama to the upcoming matchup. Oh my, however are we gonna contend with this that and the other... and every week, our boys go out there and slap fools around to a decisive victory. 

Well, I have had ENOUGH OF THE DRAMA... and am making my claim a 37-23 victory to our boys. 

We are going to KICK the arse of that overrated OL and special wonderful rat-looking-Mahomes.

7 sacks! Bosa gets 2.5... Buck gets 1.5... AA gets 1... Ford gets revenge with his 1... and Warner gets in there with 1. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f766ce55ecec88c540

Defense wins Championships right?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

No doubt there are more 49ers than chiefs fans here. Also, I think that people on FF are putting a lot of emphasis on the 49ers having the "more complete team", and I'd wager a decent amount that NFL execs and coaches would put far more emphasis on the better  quarterback as opposed to the "complete team", which is why you're getting the landslide votes for the chiefs. 

Also because the Niners domination over the Packers took place after the Chiefs game so it was fresh on everyone's mind. 

Again though, a blowout may be possible, but I just don't see it.

53 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

Greg Cosell is on the Herd now and he said that he has no idea where the narrative with Jimmy is coming from and pretty much alluded to the fact that it's ridiculous. 

He also said the Niners D will play lots of zone because they "can't match up." :(

We only allowed the least amount of passing yards in damn near a decade. But sure, because the DBs can't match up!! Ignoring the fact of how much of an island they are on certain plays. 

• Like 1

The Chiefs targeted receivers were open by the most yards this year of any team. Forget the stat, but something like they were open by over three yards on average. Certainly helps to make Mahomes look great. So was that because Reid’s a genius, the WRs are amazing, Mahomes had (or created) so much time in the pocket, or a combination of these factors?

Also, if I’m from the outside looking in, I’d pick the Chiefs too because they have the best QB and overall offensive receiving weapons in the NFL. But as someone who watched how this Niner team shut down pretty much every offense that we were told was going to blow this defense open, I just feel like the public’s not giving the respect this defense deserves. Even the offense, number 2 in the NFL, is talked about like it’s an offense that can only win in a game of field goals. 

Im standing by my two score prediction. Predicted three score games for both of the last two games and those were right. So hopefully my third playoff prediction is spot on as well. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, N4L said:

if we win, who cares what the narrative is. I don't think those guys in the locker room really care outside of maybe Sherman lol 

That's what is so amazing about this group, no one needs/wants credit for what they are doing from anyone outside of our building. 

If we win, I'm okay with the "Shanahan is a genius" narrative. The next few years will take care of the individual players. I really feel like this is just year 1. Jimmy won't be judged by 2017 and 2018. Neither will be Sherm, or Staley, or Warner, or Buckner, or more obviously Bosa. If Shanahan turns out to be at the rein of a perennial contender, then this is year 1. 2017-18 were just roster building. And if we're in this, year in and year out, then the narrative around Jimmy G and the running backs, and Bosa and Sherm and everyone else, will be forged over the course of the next few years. If the Seahawks are only a one year wonder in 2013, then no one talks about the Legion of Boom. No one refers to the Cover 3 Press scheme as the "Seattle Cover 3". No one even remembers Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett as pass rushers, and Sherman and Bobby Wagner aren't potential hall of famers. It's persistence through time that qualifies these players for long term accolades, and qualifies Sleazy Pete as a "great" coach (as much as it pains me to say). So, if we can sustain our current success over several years, Jimmy will be exposed for what he is, for better or for worse (and we 9ers fans seem to believe it should be for better, while the rest of the league and media tend to lean towards worse). But for now, I'll stick with the boy genius being a genius.

15 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

So who's going to the game ? I was considering it. I was at the last one we were in and even thou we lost i had a blast. 
But I tried to get time off work to go but work said no chance. :( 

I got them back thou work rang me yesterday and ask if i could work a couple of extra days this week my response was to laugh say no and hang up.

Well... if you're that rich... and you don't mind... I could go for you. 

I'll PM you my bank details.

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I just don't remember the KC OL being praiseworthy. 

What do you mean, not praise-worthy... LDT on top of being a superbowl-starting RG is trying to complete his medical degree during the offseason (and admittedly, the Superbowl cuts into his internships), back in Montréal. That's praise-worthy, dude!