SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

Someone posted this on a tweet. I think this is interesting:

Jimmy G finished tied for 5th in the league in passing TDs in 2020. That’s more than Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, or Ryan.

He finished 3rd in the league in yards/attempt.

Passing yards per game, he finished with 248.6 which is 10 less than Wilson and 6 less than Brady.

Yards per completion – 10th.

8th in QB rating – ahead of Mohomes and Rodgers.

If you didn’t watch the games, your opinion doesn’t mean diddly squat. Enjoy the Super Bowl, haters.

• Like 4

Here's another good reply I found:

QB1, 15 games:
69.1 Completion %, 3,603 yards, 26 TD, 107.4 rating, 8.1 Yards per Attempt

QB2, 16 games
69.1 Completion %, 3,978 yards, 27 TD, 102.0 rating, 8.4 Yards per Attempt

QB3, 14 games
65.9 Completion %, 4,031 yards, 26 TD, 105.3 rating, 8.3 Yards per Attempt

One of them is Jimmy. The other 2 are Mahomey and Kirk. Though not listed is the INT rate, where Jimmy leads the pack – partly on him and partly on the system requirement to throw to the middle of the field, sometimes in traffic. But he’s lights out after throwing a pick and has come from behind for victories and/or tied among the top 5 in the league this year.

All this trash is being talked for the sake of talking. R-E-L-A-X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ers2015 said:

Someone posted this on a tweet. I think this is interesting:

Jimmy G finished tied for 5th in the league in passing TDs in 2020. That’s more than Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, or Ryan.

He finished 3rd in the league in yards/attempt.

Passing yards per game, he finished with 248.6 which is 10 less than Wilson and 6 less than Brady.

Yards per completion – 10th.

8th in QB rating – ahead of Mohomes and Rodgers.

If you didn’t watch the games, your opinion doesn’t mean diddly squat. Enjoy the Super Bowl, haters.

QB rating was no ahead of Mahomes and Jimmy threw one more TD than him, but Mahomes missed two games. Add the two playoff games where Mahomes ends up with a 16 game season, he has 34 TDs, which would be seven more than what Jimmy had in the regualr season. 

But yes, looks like folks are going to just overlook the type of season Jimmy had because of the two playoff games. Oh well....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

What is he enraged about? I know it's his job to be enraged, but it is also the job of any given play to beat the defense it faces. And beating the defense means scoring a TD. No play is designed to hit a wall for one yard, or break through to the second level and take a knee. So yeah, every play is designed to score a TD. And every defensive call is designed to stop the offense. That literally is the very definition of the game. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

QB rating was no ahead of Mahomes and Jimmy threw one more TD than him, but Mahomes missed two games. Add the two playoff games where Mahomes ends up with a 16 game season, he has 34 TDs, which would be seven more than what Jimmy had in the regualr season. 

But yes, looks like folks are going to just overlook the type of season Jimmy had because of the two playoff games. Oh well....

Yeah I mean they are overlooking it for sure. Again just fits their narrative and storyline much like wrestling. Side note, I'm intrigued with the XFL...lol.

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

"..all sorts of new, fun stuff.."  :ph34r: >:( According to this, Kyle's getting sneaky & mean! :x

Those end arounds we've used with Deebo. I've noticed that Jimmy sometimes will fake like he has the ball still and start to run up field. I wonder if Kyle has it in his bag of tricks to run this play as a PA pass? or maybe a bootleg run with Jimmy? Maybe near the red zone?

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Those end arounds we've used with Deebo. I've noticed that Jimmy sometimes will fake like he has the ball still and start to run up field. I wonder if Kyle has it in his bag of tricks to run this play as a PA pass? or maybe a bootleg run with Jimmy? Maybe near the red zone?

I could definitely see Jimmy keeping it Alex Smith against the Saints style. Heck, I think it blows wide open for him on this play here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If Jimmy had kept the ball on that play he'd have been annilated by the LBer. I dont think Shanny is scheming to get his QB hit. I wouldn't say Jimmy doesnt have some athleticism however he needs to be throwing the ball not running it.

• Like 2

watching niners chiefs week 3 2018 right now. I am only watching their offense vs our defense. they have a completely different defense, so watching that would be a waste of time lol  I saw part of the 3rd and 4th quarter on NFLN the other day but I am watching it on gamepass which is nice to be able to skip to the parts I want and rewatch plays easily. 

This was Mahomes first start at arrowhead. 4th start, first home game. only 2 QBs in NFL history have started their first three games on the road. Patrick Mahomes and Jim Hostetler (lol). we are now playing him in his first superbowl. 

we were so bad at tackling back then. holy hell. kept diving at ankles. Its amazing how much better we have been at tackling this year. Its actually a very remarkable turnaround. I saw @Forge say earlier that with mosley in at corner, we might be the best tackling team he has ever seen. We were not that team in this game. 

They kept killing us with screens. fake it one way, then run a screen/quick dump off to the other side. they would break one tackle or our guy would take a horrible angle and it would be a big play. I dont think they will have as much success with screens, but its absolutely conceivable that its a big part of the gameplan again. would make sense to make our DL run a lot, especially early, to try and wear them down. I just dont think screens will be very effective this time around. our DL is athletic and smart. 

Saleh did his fair share of blitzing. We brought pressure with our secondary. it was smart. mahomes can move so we went after him with speed, while also mixing coverages. we did it on 3rd and 10, the chiefs had a false start, we ran it again on 3rd and 15 and they ran a 15 yard screen play lol cant have the same play call twice like that when andy gets to look at it. should have at least changed the side or something. Everyone says they show saleh a lot this year, but they showed him a lot during this game too. 

We were so bad at running zone last year. it really showed in this game. there were a bunch of plays where defenders would try and pass off receivers and no one would pick them up. It would just look like guys decided to stop covering their man. they kept doing overloads to certain spots. There were a lot of guys covering no one while WRs/Kelce would be wide open. its been night and day for us in that regard so I am not going to worry about that part. 

___

watching KC's recent games, it seems like mahomes prefers to run towards the sideline. he likes to break contain, change the angle of the coverage and then have the option to run/pass. he doesnt run up the middle hardly ever. usually when he sits in the pocket he is looking to throw. I think our wide 9 scheme is perfectly suited to defend this. I am gonig to have bosa and ford get up field fast, then have buckner/armstead loop to the outside after that. It would certainly part the red sea (pun intended) and leave the middle wide open but I would definitely put kwon or warner in a zone in the middle of the field with one eye on him in case he tries to run. If he does run, hopefully the zone defenders can come up and force him to slide. If he tries to be superman and make guys miss, then I have a good feeling about bosa, ford, buckner or armstead running him down from behind (and hopefully forcing a fumble!). We can also delay blitz this zone defender up the middle as well. 

I think how/when saleh decides to blitz is going to be a huge factor. cant get caught blitzing against a screen, but there are ways to design zone blitzes where one DLman drops off and anticipates something like that so we have both bases covered. I definitely want to come after mahomes with speed. 

we actually have run some 3 saftey stuff the last few weeks. Not for very many plays, but we did do it. I wouldnt mind having tarvarious moore come in for a few plays again. would allow us to leave tartt/ward in the box or to man up on kelce while still having two S deep. would help match their speed. I dont want him on the field that much, but it could make sense to do on third down. 

• Like 1

Apparently these are these are the same guys that picked the Vikings to beat the 49ers. Bart Scott's opinion is the most comical, downplaying the Saints game as "a combination of all the right ingredients" as far as Jimmy playing well. I know it's junk TV, but it's still funny to see clowns every once in a while. 

• Like 1