SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

10 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

If Jimmy had kept the ball on that play he'd have been annilated by the LBer. I dont think Shanny is scheming to get his QB hit. I wouldn't say Jimmy doesnt have some athleticism however he needs to be throwing the ball not running it.

Right but my point is this play in particular could be used as a setup. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Those end arounds we've used with Deebo. I've noticed that Jimmy sometimes will fake like he has the ball still and start to run up field. I wonder if Kyle has it in his bag of tricks to run this play as a PA pass? or maybe a bootleg run with Jimmy? Maybe near the red zone?

I'm sure there's a leak route counter to this play designed to make the defense think it's that end around we love, but Kittle runs a crossing route to the deep left of the field where nobody is. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I saw @Forge say earlier that with mosley in at corner, we might be the best tackling team he has ever seen. We were not that team in this game. 

😂😂😂

No we were not. We were horrific tacklers to start last year. It got better, but we're missed a ridiculous number of tackles in last year's game. Won't happen this time

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

😂😂😂

No we were not. We were horrific tacklers to start last year. It got better, but we're missed a ridiculous number of tackles in last year's game. Won't happen this time

That was my point lol 

Thank God antone exum, Adrian Colbert, Cassius Marsh, and malcom smith aren't on our roster anymore! 

I know we still have the big game to play, but just thinking of next year, I think our offense is going to be super elite next season. Jimmy will be better and play closer to the level he did in the second half of the season and OL should be more consistent. The defense may take a bit of a step back depending on who we bring back and don't bring back, but should still be really good regardless. The offense being better will make up for the slight step the defense takes back. 

I think it was N4L or J all day that was watching the chargers vs chiefs games but here's another one. Chiefs vs Seattle from last year.  Final score was 38 to 31 but that was with a FG by KC with less than 2 mins left. I don't think earl Thomas played either but  maybe this is another game worth rewatching just to see how Seattle played them with a similar scheme.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, straighthate said:

This scares me a bit because in the Super Bowl it’s a little more “let them play”. If the chiefs hold that much, I think they’ll get away with a decent amount. 

The Chiefs don't want the "let them play" card with Sherm on the other side...lol just sayin.

• Like 4

Anybody else getting the feeling that the 49ers are saying all the right things about the Chiefs being so fast, good, etc., but that they are really just confident that they are going to kick their arses? We know that they went into the GB game knowing that they were going to punish the Pack. And now Juice and Mostert are talking about how excited they were to start installing the game plan in practice. I think the Niners are going into the SB really confident.

• Like 3