SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

8 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Anybody else getting the feeling that the 49ers are saying all the right things about the Chiefs being so fast, good, etc., but that they are really just confident that they are going to kick their arses? We know that they went into the GB game knowing that they were going to punish the Pack. And now Juice and Mostert are talking about how excited they were to start installing the game plan in practice. I think the Niners are going into the SB really confident.

Will see. The rules of todays game favors their offense. 

17 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Anybody else getting the feeling that the 49ers are saying all the right things about the Chiefs being so fast, good, etc., but that they are really just confident that they are going to kick their arses? We know that they went into the GB game knowing that they were going to punish the Pack. And now Juice and Mostert are talking about how excited they were to start installing the game plan in practice. I think the Niners are going into the SB really confident.

I love the 49ers mindset. It's a focused confidence without being arrogant. They know if they show up and play their best game that there isn't a team on planet Earth they can't beat. 

It's also about showing respect to your opponent. The guys are taking this seriously but arent up tight about it. Very good balance. 

• Like 5

I was reminded in the wake of the Kobe Bryant death, that Kobe was a huge factor in Richard Sherman recovering from his ACL tear a couple years ago:

https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/32205/how-kobe-bryant-became-essential-in-richard-shermans-recovery

Here is some more reaction from the 49ers after finding out about the tragic news:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/134027-49ers-players-mourn-sports-bryant-while-traveling-miami/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I was reminded in the wake of the Kobe Bryant death, that Kobe was a huge factor in Richard Sherman recovering from his ACL tear a couple years ago:

https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/32205/how-kobe-bryant-became-essential-in-richard-shermans-recovery

Here is some more reaction from the 49ers after finding out about the tragic news:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/134027-49ers-players-mourn-sports-bryant-while-traveling-miami/

I was so excited for this week leading up to Sunday. But I'm just kinda numb right now. I'm as big of a Laker fan as I am a Niner fan and this one hit me hard. Shed a couple of tears and I'm not a emotional guy AT ALL. Just extremely sadden right now. Me and Kobe are the same age and its like me watching him all those years, we grew into men and matured together, strange as that may sound. I know I'll probably get the jitters/nervousness going when I wake up Sunday and the excitement will kick in around gametime. But everything sports related just seems so insignificant right now...

Rest easy Bean & GiGi 🙏

Prayers and condolences to the Altobelti family and others who lost loved ones in this tragedy. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

49ers arrived in Miami a couple of hours ago. Must have been strange hearing about the Kobe Bryant news either pre flight or mid flight, and then arriving for the Super Bowl. 

I've never seen my wife so excited to see someone walk down a plane as she was with Jimmy G!!! LOL

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I've never seen my wife so excited to see someone walk down a plane as she was with Jimmy G!!! LOL

Was fun. Kyle looked like he was expecting Illuminati snipers to attack. I envisioned Lynch 10 years from now and 70 lbs heavier then. 

Bosa was been here done this a dozen times cool AF.

Probably slap self for asking, but who was that in the plaid blue suit? Ward maybe? 

7 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I was so excited for this week leading up to Sunday. But I'm just kinda numb right now. I'm as big of a Laker fan as I am a Niner fan and this one hit me hard. Shed a couple of tears and I'm not a emotionally guy AT ALL. Just extremely sadden right now. Me and Kobe are the same age and its like me watching him all those years, we grew into men and matured together, strange as that may sound. I know I'll probably get the jitters/nervousness going when I wake up Sunday and the excitement will kick in around gametime. But everything sports related just seems so insignificant right now...

Rest easy Bean & GiGi 🙏

Prayers and condolences to the Altobelti family and others who lost loved ones in this tragedy. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. :( About to turn 39 next month and have 2 young girls. Hopefully I will get excited when the gm gets here Sunday...but it definitely won't matter as much. All around just sucks.

Normally I don't care about celeb deaths but I definitely felt that one. He was a truly remarkable human being who had a very strong spirit. He had the means, platform, and desire to inflict great change upon the world. It's a travesty that his life was cut short in the manner that it was. I am not very religious but someone told me when my dad died at 48 at that God takes the best of us for his angels. I think that is fitting in this case. 

With that being said, I'm not going to let anything spoil this Superbowl. Even a loss won't damper anything for me. We had an amazing year and the only thing left to do is to etch our name in permanent marker in the history books 

IF ANYTHING this should be a reminder that we all need to ENJOY life's fruits rather than let them spoil. Our time here is limited, who knows when we will be able to enjoy another magical season such as this one, so let's use Kobe's death as perspective on why we need to capitalize on this moment rather than waste it. 

Yes, it's 'just sports' but in the same breath, this is meant to be entertainment for our enjoyment. Not enjoying it because its just entertainment and not something more, seems backwards to me. The whole point of this is to give us a distraction from the mundane. 

Everyone is entitled to their own feelings, but that's my take 

GO NINERS! 

• Like 3

I don't know if the 49ers have ever had a more difficult late season stretch to get to, and then win a Super Bowl. If they get the W, it will be interesting to go back and look at the final few weeks of each of the other 5 in comparison. There were no BYE weeks in the 80s unless you got a top seed in the playoffs. 16 straight every year was a brutal prospect. That alone might be worse than a gauntlet of difficult opponents. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't know if the 49ers have ever had a more difficult late season stretch to get to, and then win a Super Bowl. If they get the W, it will be interesting to go back and look at the final few weeks of each of the other 5 in comparison. There were no BYE weeks in the 80s unless you got a top seed in the playoffs. 16 straight every year was a brutal prospect. That alone might be worse than a gauntlet of difficult opponents. 

If we don't beat NO/LAR/SEA late in the season, we wold have had to play 16 consecutive weeks to get to the SB. 

Amazing what the #1 seed with the additional week off did to this team. 

• Like 1