SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, I wouldn't put Ford on the inside. That would be Bosa like 99% of the time. I'm only stunting Ford on the interior. 

Okay, I like some of that, but again, you are giving Mahomes an out. This was a big problem when Ford was out in the first place. Either Bosa would bite on every PA or the opposite end couldn't get off his block or generate any push and the QB would be able to roll out. 

I still want the ends to be where they are at. I do believe this helps out the interior DL quite a bit and gives them a chance to get to Mahomes. 

But at times I'm fine with Ford/Bosa on the same side and even bringing the occasional blitz. 

13 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

LOL is he for real? Did he mentally block out his time with Seattle??

In all fairness, with as much roster turnover there is in the NFL, each year is a new team. So yeah, the 2019 Niners technically haven't faced Frank Clark. Now, the question is whether we have faced a pass rusher of his caliber this year, and I think the answer would have to be yes. The only pass rusher who really destroyed our gameplan was Clowney, and he was facing an injured Staley, wasn't he? Everyone else we've faced, we've navigated around.

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

In all fairness, with as much roster turnover there is in the NFL, each year is a new team. So yeah, the 2019 Niners technically haven't faced Frank Clark. Now, the question is whether we have faced a pass rusher of his caliber this year, and I think the answer would have to be yes. The only pass rusher who really destroyed our gameplan was Clowney, and he was facing an injured Staley, wasn't he? Everyone else we've faced, we've navigated around.

The Kyle Shanahan led 49ers have faced Frank Clark 4 times since 2017. Our offensive coaching staff hasn't had much turnover since Shanny took over, which means they're well aware of who Frank Clark is and what he can do. 

Frank Clark is a great pass rusher, but you're 100% correct, the 2019 49ers have faced much worse. They've faced:

Z'Darius Smith (2x)

Clowney (2x)

Danielle Hunter

Myles Garrett

Shaq Barrett

T.J. Watt

Chandler Jones (2x)

I would consider all of these guys better than Frank Clark. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Kyle Shanahan led 49ers have faced Frank Clark 4 times since 2017. Our offensive coaching staff hasn't had much turnover since Shanny took over, which means they're well aware of who Frank Clark is and what he can do. 

Frank Clark is a great pass rusher, but you're 100% correct, the 2019 49ers have faced much worse. They've faced:

Z'Darius Smith (2x)

Clowney (2x)

Danielle Hunter

Myles Garrett

Shaq Barrett

T.J. Watt

Chandler Jones (2x)

You didn't even include Aaron Donald LOL

Frank Clark be crazy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Z'Darius Smith (2x)

Clowney (2x)

Danielle Hunter

Myles Garrett

Shaq Barrett

T.J. Watt

Chandler Jones (2x)

In any case, he won't even be the most dangerous guy on his own DL, let alone the rest of the league...

But as you mentioned, we've handled all these guys at a satisfactory level. We should be able to handle Jones and Clark. Even there, he's not even the second most dangerous defender on the Chiefs. I'm more worried about Mathieu than I am about Clark. But I get it... poor guy is jealous, because we have the top defense, and people talk about how great we are. I get it. It's just sad. For him. Because I'm enjoying our guys.

12 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

So we've played a different variety of gameplans this year that have won us games. Running it down their throats with strong defense, defense isn't playing A game and we have to pass on em. Anyway, who is a guy who will be the star in this game for us on offense? Will it be Manny, Deebo or Bourne showing out? I'm thinking on offense a guy who hasn't done much the past few games will show out. I think we try and setup the run thru creative pass plays to start out because they'll expect us to come out running.

Richie James Jr screens and deep throws. Will give them some speed to cover