SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was asked something similarly a few weeks ago and said no, he wants to continue playing. 

And hope he does as he has been phenomenal the month or so.

He just seems like he loves playing football. And I think he loves some of the guys he's surrounded with now (most notably, McG) 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He just seems like he loves playing football. And I think he loves some of the guys he's surrounded with now (most notably, McG) 

He's playing until the end of his contract if I had to guess. Just happy we seem to have found a swing tackle in Brunskill who can step in if either Staley/McGlinchey get hurt....Brunskill will still be here for at least two more years, right? 

Ya know, he's not wrong. Too much was made of the missed opportunities GB had last game, but no one brought up how many things they needed to go their way to score their lone TD and how bad our offense was with Skule at LT until Shanny made the switch to Brunskill.

As for the KC game, will be interesting to see the types of coverages Saleh uses. NE has had success going man and bringing the heat, but they also have better coverage corners than us in man. While Moseley made a nice INT, I thought he got picked on today quite a bit and was giving up too much space. Need him to play stickier coverage like he did at the beginning of the season. Granted, some was just how soft we were playing in the 2nd half, but even in the first half all the big completions went against him. 

One thing I legitimately like about if we win: 

If we win, we will have the same number of super bowl wins as Aaron Rodgers, and more appearances since the 2005 draft. We have the same number of championship appearances as well. Rodgers will also be 0-3 against us in the post season 

It was far more of a winding road, but in the end, no harm / no foul from passing on Rodgers LOL (Well, you know, outside of the several nearly unwatchable seasons) 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's playing until the end of his contract if I had to guess. Just happy we seem to have found a swing tackle in Brunskill who can step in if either Staley/McGlinchey get hurt....Brunskill will still be here for at least two more years, right? 

I'm pretty sure that Brunskill is an erfa after the season, so yeah, that largely locks him up for at least 2 more years if he continues to play well, and maybe longer since we can give him a longer deal when he's an RFA. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure that Brunskill is an erfa after the season, so yeah, that largely locks him up for at least 2 more years if he continues to play well, and maybe longer since we can give him a longer deal when he's an RFA. 

Okay good, that sets us well for the future. 

If I told you three years ago that journeymen OL like Person/Garland and a 1st round bust in Tomlinson would be leading THIS type of rushing offense, you would say? Amazing how the FO got these guys no one wanted and how well they have fit in this offense. 

Back to the Sherman/Revis banter, it is actually baffling how people think we are just in zone all game. Like often times, our corners are on a complete island. We will run some sort of zone on one side and then man coverage on the other with a single high safety. This is why when you see deep shots, often times no safety is in sight. So while technically we can be in zone coverage, doesn't mean one of our corners isn't in man coverage.