SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

9 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Kyle Shanahan led 49ers have faced Frank Clark 4 times since 2017. Our offensive coaching staff hasn't had much turnover since Shanny took over, which means they're well aware of who Frank Clark is and what he can do. 

Frank Clark is a great pass rusher, but you're 100% correct, the 2019 49ers have faced much worse. They've faced:

Z'Darius Smith (2x)

Clowney (2x)

Danielle Hunter

Myles Garrett

Shaq Barrett

T.J. Watt

Chandler Jones (2x)

I would consider all of these guys better than Frank Clark. 

Also Cameron Jordan. Frank Clark is a clown. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, spill it out! 

He pretty much echoed with Willis said a few years back. That they were TOO eager to play and some of the players weren't loose. He said a lot of them party a bit too much and to him that just meant that they weren't ready. He also said that him personally, he didn't catch his breathe till the 3rd quarter.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

He pretty much echoed with Willis said a few years back. That they were TOO eager to play and some of the players weren't loose. He said a lot of them party a bit too much and to him that just meant that they weren't ready. He also said that him personally, he didn't catch his breathe till the 3rd quarter.

Well, supposed Kwon and a few other players were out partying till 4 am this morning. So they are loose, possibly TOO loose LOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, supposed Kwon and a few other players were out partying till 4 am this morning. So they are loose, possibly TOO loose LOL.

"I totally disagree with that," Whitner said on "49ers Central." "I've always been taught that you want to watch as much film, you want to find that one thing or that one detail that might be able to make you make one play to help the team win the football game. So if you have 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense picking up that one tip then you're going to be better off than if you don't. So I don't believe in being overprepared. I don't think that we were prepared last time we went to the Super Bowl. We wish we were overprepared."

He also said this the other day in regards to Mahomes saying you CAN watch too much film.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:06 AM, Forge said:

I would love if we stacked Ford and Bosa on Fisher's side and just avoided Mitchell Schwartz with either of those two. I'd love to play AA most of the time against Schwartz.

Saleh did this in the GB game. He stacked Bosa and Ford next to each other, but then had Ford drop into coverage and brought K'Waun from the opposite side. It resulted in the strip sack. I was blown away from the diversity and evolution of the formation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

"I totally disagree with that," Whitner said on "49ers Central." "I've always been taught that you want to watch as much film, you want to find that one thing or that one detail that might be able to make you make one play to help the team win the football game. So if you have 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense picking up that one tip then you're going to be better off than if you don't. So I don't believe in being overprepared. I don't think that we were prepared last time we went to the Super Bowl. We wish we were overprepared."

He also said this the other day in regards to Mahomes saying you CAN watch too much film.

Vermeil in 1980 had his Eagles squad practice like crazy leading up to the game with the Raiders in Super Bowl 15. I think practices twice a day with of course just one week of prep time in those days. He just grinded them down to the bone, while the Raiders were a lot more loose. Philadelphia ended up losing 27-10, and played flat. So, there is one example of it not working out by conventional means. 

Edited by PapaShogun

14 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Frank Clark is talking too much I think. He might regret it.

Nah, he'd just do one of two things - 

1) act like they were still the better team and that it was about the Chiefs did as opposed to what the 49ers did

2) slink away, not say anything, and then start talking trash again next year. 

• Like 1