SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

No problem at all with Frank Clark and what he's saying. I respect people that put themselves out there. Sure didn't hurt him when he talked crap on Henry and the Titans. He will get his chance to shine on Sunday. 

Watching the game from last year and what stood out was: 

-Foster was rusty and missed a lot of tackles

-Colbert misplayed two big plays

-KC really screened us to death 

-Our edges constantly let Mahomes get to the edge and he was amazing throwing on the run 

-Corners were much more aggressive in the second half and the defense performed much better

-Saleh called more blitzes and they worked

-Sherman got beat by Hill early but still was able to make a play on the ball and made a very nice play preventing the TD. May have gotten there a split second early 

-Kelce was unstoppable and killed our LBs and safeties in single coverage

On the last point, would like to see Moore or Spoon match up with him some when they go to three WR sets or on 3rd down.

Bosa and Ford have to keep Mahomes in the pocket. Mahomes best work comes when he rolls out and launches it down the field. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman got beat by Hill early but still was able to make a play on the ball and made a very nice play preventing the TD. May have gotten there a split second early 

Sherm got lucky on this one. Disregarding the PI, he was lucky they ran out of field. Hill had to slow down a lot or run out of the back of the endzone. That allowed sherm to recover 

Kelce was unstoppable and killed our LBs and safeties in single coverage

I didn't see much man coverage on him, we played almost exclusively zone and no one ever actually picked him up. He was getting behind the LBs in zone coverage and malcom smith and foster weren't getting deep enough in their drops. We would have multiple guys not covering anyone and then kelce by himself. I wouldn't say a single guy ever tried to actually cover him, constantly just let him release free and run his route without ever getting a body on him. Wasn't anything he was doing, just crap defense from us tbh. 

On the last point, would like to see Moore or Spoon match up with him some when they go to three WR sets or on 3rd down

I would put warner on him in this spot. He has the length needed to be able to body up kelce and should have no problems running with him. He has the size to tackle him too. If kelce catches a pass on spoon no way does spoon get him to the ground 

Bosa and Ford have to keep Mahomes in the pocket. Mahomes best work comes when he rolls out and launches it down the field. 

I said it a few times in this thread, I want to force mahomes to move up in the pocket, not to the outside. When he goes outside the pocket and has the sideline to work with he is deadly. If we force him to run up the middle, it takes pressure off our corners because it's not their responsibility to play the run until he crosses LOS. If he's on the outside, it makes your corners hesitate bc they aren't sure if they should come up or stay back and they could lose their man in a scramble drill. 

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

Sherm got lucky on this one. Disregarding the PI, he was lucky they ran out of field. Hill had to slow down a lot or run out of the back of the endzone. That allowed sherm to recover 

I didn't see much man coverage on him, we played almost exclusively zone and no one ever actually picked him up. He was getting behind the LBs in zone coverage and malcom smith and foster weren't getting deep enough in their drops. We would have multiple guys not covering anyone and then kelce by himself. I wouldn't say a single guy ever tried to actually cover him, constantly just let him release free and run his route without ever getting a body on him. Wasn't anything he was doing, just crap defense from us tbh. 

I would put warner on him in this spot. He has the length needed to be able to body up kelce and should have no problems running with him. He has the size to tackle him too. If kelce catches a pass on spoon no way does spoon get him to the ground 

I said it a few times in this thread, I want to force mahomes to move up in the pocket, not to the outside. When he goes outside the pocket and has the sideline to work with he is deadly. If we force him to run up the middle, it takes pressure off our corners because it's not their responsibility to play the run until he crosses LOS. If he's on the outside, it makes your corners hesitate bc they aren't sure if they should come up or stay back and they could lose their man in a scramble drill. 

Sherm definitely was fortunate on that play. Underthrown pass by Mahomes.

Nah, Kelce definitely got some catches in man coverage. Could have been zone to start but then he was picked up by a LB or S and it was easy pickings. 

Warner on him is fine, I prefer to see the other two on him. Not that Warner can't do it, but the other two may be better match ups.

He just has to stay in the pocket. Mahomes likes to get out and freestyle the play if he can't get something early in his drop back. Mahomes is always looking to make the big play. Dude is so damn good, he would be drifting one way and throw a 40 yard strike. Bosa and Ford can't lose containment when they run their RPOs. 

Super interesting match up. It's funny, the over/under is 54.5 and I predicted us winning 30-24. Most are going much higher though and think this gets into the 30s for both teams. Either way, this is going to be fun....But I will only get to enjoy it on second watch........if we win that is. If we lose, not watching this game ever again lol. 

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No problem at all with Frank Clark and what he's saying. I respect people that put themselves out there. Sure didn't hurt him when he talked crap on Henry and the Titans. He will get his chance to shine on Sunday. 

Watching the game from last year and what stood out was: 

-Foster was rusty and missed a lot of tackles

-Colbert misplayed two big plays

-KC really screened us to death 

-Our edges constantly let Mahomes get to the edge and he was amazing throwing on the run 

-Corners were much more aggressive in the second half and the defense performed much better

-Saleh called more blitzes and they worked

-Sherman got beat by Hill early but still was able to make a play on the ball and made a very nice play preventing the TD. May have gotten there a split second early 

-Kelce was unstoppable and killed our LBs and safeties in single coverage

On the last point, would like to see Moore or Spoon match up with him some when they go to three WR sets or on 3rd down.

No thanks. I don't trust his lousy tackling against this kind of speed. We have to get these guys down and limit their yards after catch.

I hate the two weeks. The amount of narrowly defined data that I've heard over the last week and a half is just too damn much.... Plus, it always seems like it's unfavorable data lol. So I'm done with that. Just going to block it out and wait for the game

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hate the two weeks. The amount of narrowly defined data that I've heard over the last week and a half is just too damn much.... Plus, it always seems like it's unfavorable data lol. So I'm done with that. Just going to block it out and wait for the game

I'm so nervous about the game. I don't know what to think anymore. Even the analysts are jumping back and forth at this point. I guess they're just trying to hedge their bets. I've heard so many version of how this game can go. I can't really stand it anymore. I might not sleep the night before the game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No problem at all with Frank Clark and what he's saying. I respect people that put themselves out there.

I can't stand it.  I'd feel the same way if one of our guys were out there 24/7 talking smack.  It goes against everything I was taught by parents, coaches, teammates, etc.. growing up.  It's absolutely classless. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

I can't stand it.  I'd feel the same way if one of our guys were out there 24/7 talking smack.  It goes against everything I was taught by parents, coaches, teammates, etc.. growing up.  It's absolutely classless. 

That's fine, a guy like that putting himself out there isn't hiding from the spotlight. Either he brings it or becomes the laughing stock. Doesn't bother me.

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Those first four words scared the hell out of me

Same, I was like Pete, you bastard!!! You are trying to play some mind games now with a reverse jinx!

But I did see the CBS predictions last week and recall all Chiefs picks minus one guy who picked us.