SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

10 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

This is one of the reasons I've always believed it will take any WR a full season or two to really show their worth in this offense. The playbook aspect is real. Learning the scheme to the point you're not worried about messing up a route or lining up wrong and just going out and competing is very real. Its one of the reasons I believe Deebo will have a big year next year, barring injury. Another year to digest and get much more familiar with the playbook will be huge for not only him but a guy like Hurd as well. 

Edited by 757-NINER

14 hours ago, Ataal said:

I can't stand it.  I'd feel the same way if one of our guys were out there 24/7 talking smack.  It goes against everything I was taught by parents, coaches, teammates, etc.. growing up.  It's absolutely classless. 

Disagree. Has zero to due with class. He isn't bad mouthing anyone. He has simply stated that he believes the TE on his team is the best in the league and that Dee Ford lining up off side is a stupid inexcusable penalty, which it is. We don't know enough about the guy to know if he is "classy" or not. He is a competitor that feels the need to tell everyone about his talent. We have a guy that plays DB that does the same thing. 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Whitner has not been wrong this season. He called them going 12-4 before the season and said they were the best team in the NFL and would go to the Super Bowl. He has watched every game for both teams back and simply saud that the Chiefs have to start fast because if they don't and they fall behind the Niners will run it down their throats.

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Whitner has not been wrong this season. He called them going 12-4 before the season and said they were the best team in the NFL and would go to the Super Bowl. He has watched every game for both teams back and simply saud that the Chiefs have to start fast because if they don't and they fall behind the Niners will run it down their throats.

I loved Whitner with us, and I want nothing more than him being right. I'll need some alcohol to relax before the game starts. I feel like I'm contributing nothing to this board, other than saying I'm nervous.

• Like 1

Driving to work today listening to KNBR and I started to think about how far this organization has come. When they decided to hire the current regime, it was a first time HC who had proven to be an offensive guru and a potential HOF player, turned analyst that wanted to work in the FO. The two brokered a deal to hitch their wagons to each other and make themselves essentially a package deal. There were a lot of detractors who thought it was ridiculous for John Lynch to be effective as a GM, let alone affiliate with a first time HC with a narrative of gagging away the most recent SB. 

Three years later and here they are. Proving all the detractors wrong. The personality of this team started there. From that people have doubted Sherman for betting on himself in FA and brokering his own deal. He proved them wrong. They questioned the picks made by Lynch. They have been proven wrong. There was questions in keeping together an often injured Safety tandem and have been proven wrong. They traded for Jimmy and since all we hear is about how Jimmy can't lead them to wins.......He continues to prove them wrong.

I love the narrative that surrounds this organization and it's players. It continues to be proven wrong.

• Like 5