SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

Driving to work today listening to KNBR and I started to think about how far this organization has come. When they decided to hire the current regime, it was a first time HC who had proven to be an offensive guru and a potential HOF player, turned analyst that wanted to work in the FO. The two brokered a deal to hitch their wagons to each other and make themselves essentially a package deal. There were a lot of detractors who thought it was ridiculous for John Lynch to be effective as a GM, let alone affiliate with a first time HC with a narrative of gagging away the most recent SB. 

Three years later and here they are. Proving all the detractors wrong. The personality of this team started there. From that people have doubted Sherman for betting on himself in FA and brokering his own deal. He proved them wrong. They questioned the picks made by Lynch. They have been proven wrong. There was questions in keeping together an often injured Safety tandem and have been proven wrong. They traded for Jimmy and since all we hear is about how Jimmy can't lead them to wins.......He continues to prove them wrong.

I love the narrative that surrounds this organization and it's players. It continues to be proven wrong.

I believe during the interview process, both John and Kyle were asked to put a team together and their teams were smiliar.

16 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I loved Whitner with us, and I want nothing more than him being right. I'll need some alcohol to relax before the game starts. I feel like I'm contributing nothing to this board, other than saying I'm nervous.

I am not nervous in any way. I am sure as it approaches my adrenaline will ramp up a bit. I am keeping it low key because I am extremely superstitious and just prefer to watch with as little chatter as possible. I will have a fellow 49er fan over we will gorge ourselves in food and celebratory champagne upon the victory of #6.

I have been steadfast in my statement that the 49ers will win by at least 10.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Whitner has not been wrong this season. He called them going 12-4 before the season and said they were the best team in the NFL and would go to the Super Bowl. He has watched every game for both teams back and simply saud that the Chiefs have to start fast because if they don't and they fall behind the Niners will run it down their throats.

They actually went 13-3, so he was wrong. :P

40 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I am not nervous in any way. I am sure as it approaches my adrenaline will ramp up a bit. I am keeping it low key because I am extremely superstitious and just prefer to watch with as little chatter as possible. I will have a fellow 49er fan over we will gorge ourselves in food and celebratory champagne upon the victory of #6.

I have been steadfast in my statement that the 49ers will win by at least 10.

Yup. I just see the 9ers doing a slow, steady steam roll to #6. I am excited and confident. Not nervous at all. I like that the Chiefs are getting the hype while we are the more complete team.

Offense wins games, Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS! We have the luxury of both.

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So are we still wearing our "away" unis in the SB?? Because the players have been doing interviews in their "home" unis, which seems sort of odd to bring another jersey just to do media in but what do I know...

Yes, we are the away team and the Chiefs chose to wear their home jerseys 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, we simply put don't have many breakdowns with Tartt back there. Very underrated. 

I don't even think the big play given up to Graham last week was miscommunication. It looked like it at first, but I think Kwon simply got burnt. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't even think the big play given up to Graham last week was miscommunication. It looked like it at first, but I think Kwon simply got burnt. 

I gotta watch it again. Thought Tartt on initial look bit on underneath route. But watch the deep pass to Graham that Warner got his hand on and then last bomb that Sherman picked off. Tartt was right there on both plays. Ward is able to make more plays off his athleticism but Tartt is all smarts and IQ. 

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just saw the play again. Alexander wasn't in pure man, he actually had outside leverage there. That was on Tartt. Actually no idea what he was doing there as there was no other route even in that area. My only explanation would be that he thought Rodgers could potentially take off with the ball and he wanted to be there to prevent him from picking up big yardage. But with the way Alexander played the route and opened his hips, he definitely anticipated Tartt to have inside leverage there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

So are we still wearing our "away" unis in the SB?? Because the players have been doing interviews in their "home" unis, which seems sort of odd to bring another jersey just to do media in but what do I know...

Gotta sell that merch

• Like 1