SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

I'm trying to remain humble and I say to myself "It's the Chiefs and Mahomes tough task yadda yadda" but man the mainstream media idiots don't make it easy. I think the fact that although the best team this year the 9ers are I guess the underdogs. Everyone (including Russell Wilson) said it's a matter of QB play and of course went with Mahomes. Well I'm tired of hearing of Mahomes....I really hope this team uses the blatant disrespect to punch KC in the mouth so many times. 

Not sure if anyone else is feeling this way but I needed to vent...lol.

Edited by 49ers2015
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I'm trying to remain humble and I say to myself "It's the Chiefs and Mahomes tough task yadda yadda" but man the mainstream media idiots don't make it easy. I think the fact that although the best team this year the 9ers are I guess the underdogs. Everyone (including Russell Wilson) said it's a matter of QB play and of course went with Mahomes. Well I'm tired of hearing of Mahomes....I really hope this team uses the blatant disrespect to punch KC in the mouth so many times. 

I hope Kelce, Hill, Clark and Mahomes all get rocked

Edited by Dub_City30
  • Like 2

I don’t think I saw this on here yet. Not unexpected, but nice to see that the offensive centric NFL didn’t screw him over.

I know he had already won the PFWA ROY award, but this is the ‘official’ award that the NFL recognizes.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a27da7e6114d63b057

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ers2015 said:

Nah, I'm not as confident as most seem to be in here. Mahommes and that offense is just scary to deal with. And they have two very good OTs. Love our defense but this will undoubtedly be their biggest test of the season, trying to slow down Reid and that offense for 4 quarters. Last explosive offense they faced, they gave up 46 points. And I don't think they're nearly as good as KC's...

So yea, definitely NOT of the mindset we're going to dominate like some believe. I think it will be a close, hard fought game with the team making the fewest mistakes while capitalizing on the other team's misfortunes, escapes with the victory. Just hoping we're the ones that come out on top, in the end.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Nah, I'm not as confident as most seem to be in here. Mahommes and that offense is just scary to deal with. And they have two very good OTs. Love our defense but this will undoubtedly be their biggest test of the season, trying to slow down Reid and that offense for 4 quarters. Last explosive offense they faced, they gave up 46 points. And I don't think they're nearly as good as KC's...

So yea, definitely NOT of the mindset we're going to dominate like some believe. I think it will be a close, hard fought game with the team making the fewest mistakes while capitalizing on the other team's misfortunes, escapes with the victory. Just hoping we're the ones that come out on top, in the end.

Remember, we gave up 46 in that game and we were out guys on defense. I rewatched that game last night and Ford went down too. DJ Jones got injured that game. We're in much better shape on defense now. I'm confident that we keep them in check, they'll get theirs at times but overall I don't think they'll dominate us on offense.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I've got us losing by two scores, so don't count me in that group lol. I think that the game will largely be a one score game with KC adding something at the end to make it double digits. 

I'm thinking something like 44 - 31 or something like that, maybe 35 - 24. We will see. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've got us losing by two scores, so don't count me in that group lol. I think that the game will largely be a one score game with KC adding something at the end to make it double digits. 

I'm thinking something like 44 - 31 or something like that, maybe 35 - 24. We will see. 

:(

Just now, Forge said:

I hate everything about this matchup. 

But its good to have me pick against the niners, we all know that. 

I'm not in love with it either. Just the media is driving me to insanity. I can see what you mentioned happening as well. Just hope the majority are wrong.