SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

I’ve been sporting my 9ers gear and gotten lots of comments from all the Chief fans here (Tulsa is almost equidistant to KC & Dallas—-though I like KC, cannot stand Dallas, the team or the city) and most of them are positive. Overall, they are really excited and expect a good game with a select few guaranteeing a KC win. Very different from most Cowboys fans (all too often arrogant and ignorant).

My car has a 9ers plate frame and an SF magnet on my driver’s side door. This morning, a guy went to pass me but didn’t. I looked over and he was trying to catch my attention. He pointed to his Chiefs beanie then at me and gave the thumbs up sign and sped off. That was amusing. 😁

At work, I sported my BOSA jersey. Got some ribbing from students who were “sure” the Chiefs would win. I loved every minute of the day today! 😎

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm really terrified that Reid schemes the mismatch with Moseley lined up against Kelce most often

Meh, they will have mismatches in certain areas as they are just super talented but I wouldn't be worrying about that too much. You pretty much know what kind of defense we will be in. But this is why I said I would like to see Spoon or Moore matched up with Kelce and we go to some four corner or three safety looks when we are in man in big money downs. First curious to see how our LBs do against him in coverage.

I may end up looking like a fool, but I think there is a chance we beat the Chiefs by double digits or have a double digit lead where the Chiefs score a late TD to tighten the gap. I expect them to use their backs to chip Bosa which will take one option out of the route. Mahomes actually relies on the check down quite a bit. Buckner/Armstead will have to eat from the interior. 

Show out game for our LBs as their speed/athleticism will be on display and everyone sees just how special this group can be in coverage. We got screened to DEATH last meeting in the first half and TO said knowing Reid like he knows him, they will be trying to do that to slow the pass rush, but this is where having Alexander helps the most. The man just shuts that down with his instincts/speed. Will have to be on point on Sunday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sherm said:

If I hadn't seen u post all season I'd think u were getting to NFLN level on here...lol 

That particular matchup just sucks, and if we are locking up zone, it's an easy mismatch to exploit. I think Saleh will be a little more cerebral there, but the best matchups for us would be Sherman on Watkins, Moseley on Hill, in my opinion. Warner / Alexander locking up Kelce

2 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

When we started 8-0 people and the media would not give us credit because of the quality of opponent

Oh ok. Yeah I was talking to a couple of 49ers fans at my job today. I honestly feel the only reason we aren't the fav is they have the better QB. For so long it's been u gotta have an elite QB to win a SB. But many forget u can also win with a complete team. And till proven otherwise I will say we're just the better team. 

• Like 2

Spending today watching the previous wins. 

First up, second Bengals Niners game. 

Most amusing / fun / anecdotal  / random thing about rewatch:

"John Taylor, who sells cars for Reggie Jackson in the off-season...."

Lol. Football is a different game now

Also, Randy Cross didn't have a great game in his finale

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I remember that line by Enberg. If I have time tomorrow I might try and do a marathon of the 5 games myself. 

Edited by PapaShogun

7 hours ago, Forge said:

John Taylor now is a truck driver! 

20 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

There was also the report from Mike Freeman that coaches/execs around the league expect us to get blown out. 49ers are a complete team, finally healthy, and all 3 losses have been on the last play of the game. I don't get why such little respect for SF?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

There was also the report from Mike Freeman that coaches/execs around the league expect us to get blown out. 49ers are a complete team, finally healthy, and all 3 losses have been on the last play of the game. I don't get why such little respect for SF?

I don’t get it but I love it. I’m sure Sherman is letting everyone on the team know what’s in the media right now. I’m sure he’s letting the whole team know some stuff that’s not even in the media right now and maybe is only in his head, but hey if that gets the guys fired up, so be it. 

Someone let Sherman know that Mahomes doesn’t wanna shake his hand at the coin flip tomorrow. 

• Like 1