SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

I think Mahomes is amazing, super ridiculously fun to watch. And Reid is a master gameplanner off a bye (main reason I think Chiefs have a chance). 

However, people are over valuing the HC/QB. Seen this narrative multiple times  before... recently being Eagles/Pats. Eagles had a Top 5 team on both sides of the ball. One of the most complete teams ever. People kept glamouring over Brady/Bellichick. Their Defense was around 16 or 17, about the same as the Chiefs right now. They had the 2nd or 3rd best offense, also similar to the Chiefs. The Eagles were always the much better team going into the Super Bowl. Brady put up a real fight, he is the GOAT (I think he’s co-GOAT with Montana actually) but the better top to bottom team WON. 

This 49er team is one of the most complete in history. Top 5 on both sides. I expect you guys to win tomorrow. I do think Mahomes/Reid will put up a great fight but not enough. 

29-24 49ers 

Jimmy scores a TD late around 2:00 left. Fails to convert two pt conversion. Point total 53. Anyone who got the over late at 53 1/2 gets a royal pounding. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John232 said:

I honestly hate life and how nervous I am. I might legit cry if we win, for sure if we lose.

Are you old enough to remember them? The previous ones I mean. 

I've been very fortunate as a sports fan. I still vividly remember 3 Niner championships (okay, most recent is 25 years, which kind of sucks lol), 3 SF Giant championships, 3 NJ Devils championships (granted, these are all 20-25 years old now), and 2 OSU championships. 

I'm less nervous this time compared to 2012. The 49ers were favorites against a wild card Ravens team. Didn't feel good about that game at all. Seemed like a mirror match. This time the pressure is on KC. Everyone expects them to win because OFFENSE. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, John232 said:

I honestly hate life and how nervous I am. I might legit cry if we win, for sure if we lose.

Has this team let you down this year? They played hard every friggen week. One team, one goal, one heartbeat 

I know youve been moderately pessimistic (for lack of a better word) and I've told you multiple times right before games that there is nothing to worry about. 

This team has proven itself worthy of our FAITH. They believed in themselves and this coaching staff first and foremost. I can't speak highly enough of our entire coaching staff. Joe woods has been a huge addition. This secondary runs like a finely tuned machine. The whole staff has developed players and given them tools to succeed.  

I feel like this is a video game and Andy reid/mahomes are the final boss. It wouldn't be right if it wasn't a tough test. That's the whole point. You gotta go out and beat the best to claim the throne. I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Don't worry about the results. Enjoy the journey for what it is and sit back and enjoy the show. I know that this team is going to come out with a mission to show the world they are the best team in the NFL and one of the best teams of all time. They've never given you any reason to doubt them. Theyve approached every game like it's a playoff game and gotten stronger as the year has gone on. The fact we've had two bye weeks in the last month has been huge. We know the stakes but aren't going to be scared about making mistakes. 

Everything all of these guys have been through has prepared them for this moment. I said the day the falcons lost the Superbowl, that was the perfect storm for us. KYLE IS HUNGRY TO SHOW THE WORLD HES WORTHY 

ARE YALL READY FOR THE ****ING SUPERBOWL? 

• Like 6

Still not at all nervous.. and that's no slight to KC. We have a dominating roster and a great HC. We should win, unless we poop pants.

Just starting to listen to the various podcasts. Beginning to feel the excitement, but again.. it's just another game to me. The 49ers and their fans have already won a great season, and a bright future. I want this for the players and coaches.. but it doesn't move the needle for the grand scheme of things. 

Should be a great game, win or lose. I will love it if we smash them 50-0.. but the only brief sad I would have is if we don't play like we can and lose easily. 

GO NINERS !!!!

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611b9e6a594a1851c4a7

• Like 4

8 hours ago, John232 said:

SB are hard to come by and this teams future success is not guaranteed. But today is gonna be a fun day. This team hasn't given us 1 reason to doubt they won't be prepared for the challenge today. Whether you're overly confident or overly worried please enjoy today. If you're watching solo like I am(wife has to work and kids get scared when daddy in football mode :() or if you're at a huge party with friends and family...either way just Enjoy these special moments. xD

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

However, people are over valuing the HC/QB.

I don't think it's overvalued. Having a great HC/QB goes at least 50% of the way towards winning a championship. The other 50% is the defense. Either you have a dominating defense, and the QB gives you just enough to win, or you have a dominating offense and the defense does just enough to win. I can honestly see it going either way for both teams. Or it could be a not so close conclusion as well. Everything is on the table. But back to the HC/QB combo, everybody will agree the Mahomes is the better QB, but I honestly think that, although Reid is an all-time great, Kyle is the better coach. I don't know if it's homerism or arrogance, but Kyle has been a special coach everywhere he went, and even more special since he's been our head coach. What he's done is absolutely fantastic. I think it's the HC part of the combo that gives us a chance to win tonight. I believe in Kyle Shanahan. And I believe in our defense slowing Mahomes just enough for our offense to get us the win.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm less nervous this time compared to 2012. The 49ers were favorites against a wild card Ravens team. Didn't feel good about that game at all. Seemed like a mirror match. This time the pressure is on KC. Everyone expects them to win because OFFENSE. 

The roles were kinda flipped last time too. We had the hotshot young QB (although he wasn't nearly as dominant as Mahomes) with a good offense who had the tendency to get behind in games (i think we trailed both the Packers and Falcons those playoffs). I'm confident in our team to come up with an effective and creative gameplan, we're healthy, and we're rested. 

I still remember, i had a statistics exam earlier that day. I invited people over that day as well, one of my friends got late so i had to pick him up and i ended up missing most of the 1st quarter. I drank too much, got too emotional, and most of the day was a blur. I've grown up and matured now. I'll be sad if we lose, but i won't be devastated like i was before. I've enjoyed the journey.