SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

8 hours ago, N4L said:

OK so, follow me with this one for a second because this is gonna get a little hairy. 

Ruben foster. We all know what happened. The guy is an idiot for continuing to see that insane woman, guilty or not. He brought her to the team hotel the night before our game in Tampa and was alone with her. Dumb dumb dumb. She accuses him (again) and we cut him within 10 hours later. 

The Redskins being the Redskins claim him on waivers. This sent the signal to someone out there that the NFL doesn't care about domestic violence. 

Literally the next day Kareem hunts video gets released. The chiefs promptly cut him. I think these things are somewhat causal, the stance of the NFL and the Redskins ticked someone off who had the video and leaked it. 

Thank God we don't have to play everyone on this offense plus Kareem hunt. They don't have much of a running game but that would not be the case if he were there. Would have been a lot harder to stop them inside the 10 yardline. That dude breaks tackles at a super high rate and had amazing hands. He was trustworthy in the sense he basically never fumbles (never fumbled in college, fumbled his first career carry and literally hasn't since). I feel like we are going to be able to get the ball out of shadys hands (if he plays). 

The fact Kareem hunt isnt there means we can make them extremely one dimensional. 

I was super pissed at the time when the chiefs cut Kareem because I had a super team in fantasy and was slated to win 2.5k if I finished in 1st. they cut him and I lost in the first round (I scored 300 more points than 2nd. Had mahomes, hunt, kamara, hill, diggs, cooks, bears defense, Harrison butker, absolutely stacked considering I had literally the entire chiefs offense and their kicker) But now I am super glad that Ruben foster set off the chain of events that caused hunt to get cut because that certainly helps the odds I get my first ring 

Crazy how things are tied together sometimes

Then Tyreek Hill. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297927ffeed01ac4386b

39 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

KC's rush defense, according to Football Outsiders:

Total rush defense: 29th

Stuffed%: 30th (percentage of tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage)

Power Success: 25th (percent of short-yardage runs stopped)

2nd Level Yards: 31st (yards earned on runs 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage)

So, tell me how they're going to stop the hottest rushing team in the NFL? Shanahan and co. have prepared this team with perfection during the postseason. You best believe that Shanahan has some crazy rushing plays he hasn't pulled out of his bag of tricks yet. The Super Bowl is going to be a wild matchup. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

KC's rush defense, according to Football Outsiders:

Total rush defense: 29th

Stuffed%: 30th (percentage of tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage)

Power Success: 25th (percent of short-yardage runs stopped)

2nd Level Yards: 31st (yards earned on runs 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage)

So, tell me how they're going to stop the hottest rushing team in the NFL? Shanahan and co. have prepared this team with perfection during the postseason. You best believe that Shanahan has some crazy rushing plays he hasn't pulled out of his bag of tricks yet. The Super Bowl is going to be a wild matchup. 

I also want to add, Tennessee's run scheme probably isn't as complex as us. I mean Kyle made Blake Martinez, who is a very good LB, look like an amateur this past Sunday. 

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I get this feeling that Kyle is preparing for a pass heavy gameplan, tbh. He will probably have his run heavy close at hand, as a plan B.... but to start this one and for a while, I think he knows that we will need to pass well to open up the run.. and his preference will be to showcase Jimmy G.. to flip the script and shoot the bird to the watching world.. that yes, his often-quiet game-managing QB can also own thy arse through the air. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

I get this feeling that Kyle is preparing for a pass heavy gameplan, tbh. He will probably have his run heavy close at hand, as a plan B.... but to start this one and for a while, I think he knows that we will need to pass well to open up the run.. and his preference will be to showcase Jimmy G.. to flip the script and shoot the bird to the watching world.. that yes, his often-quiet game-managing QB can also own thy arse through the air. 

Sounds like another NO game? Gould is Gold at the buzzer!

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Honestly, I've been getting that feeling as well. Heavy play action, unleash Jimmy in the early part, and then maybe switch back. 

• Like 5

Most games we do come out passing to set up the run. Even against Seattle/Minnesota that is what happened. GB was different.

KC is going to put more in the box, so the passing game will have to be effective and take a defender out of the box. Suggs played against this offense already so I wonder if they implement a similar type of game plan as the Cardinals where they load the box, blitz heavy and play man coverage on our receivers? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

I feel like we were ready to pass this past week. But since GB couldn't stop us, it just didn't make sense not to run. And if the Chiefs want to think we're one-dimensional and gear up to stop our run game, we'll just throw. I think Jimmy is mastering this offense. When he sees a loaded box, he knows where to attack, and when he sees safeties deep, and LBs backing up, he knows to give the ball to the runners. The thing that makes it all work is the lack of ego Jimmy has. Not to be confused with a lack of confidence. He just isn't bothered by his stat line, and wants to do what is needed to win the game. That's what Tom Brady was until he got Randy Moss. They called him a game manager, but he really just was an extension of the head coach on the field, and did what was needed in order to win. Like him or not, that's what Alex Smith was in 2011-12. He was insanely good at audibling into the best possible running play, at the right time. Efficient passer, great audibler. Now, I feel like Jimmy G is great at that as well (with the help of the real master, Kyle Shanahan), while being a much better passer than Alex was. And better coaching. And better weapons at receiver. I definitely believe in Jimmy as a passer. I also know we'll run the ball as much as we can. The real question is: will we have the luxury of running the ball, or will the Chiefs offense force us to throw the ball more? My guess is: they will.

• Like 3

All of this talk about us potentially losing Saleh, McDaniel, and/or LaFleur next year has some people worried. I assume that McDaniel and LaFleur pretty much learned everything they know from the Shanahan's. Now, that is not to say that they aren't really valuable to us, but it won't be the end of the world. Mike Shanahan recently said in an interview that besides game planning, the most important job for a head coach is to be able to teach the assistant coaches (paraphrasing). As long as we have Kyle, our offensive system will be elite. Saleh was great this year, but look at the talent on our roster. It's not as if he was overachieving with a lame lineup. We have some talented young assistants in Ryans and Kiffin, and Holland might deserve a chance to be a DC some day. Also, Dan Quinn could be on the market next year.

Just thinking aloud here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I feel like we were ready to pass this past week. But since GB couldn't stop us, it just didn't make sense not to run.

Very likely and yes yes. Also, that cheap low hit on Jimmy's leg didn't hurt in lighting a stronger fire for a heavy run attack. 

I agree that Jimmy is a better passer than was Alex, and agree with @Forge that Jimmy combines a nice blend of game manager and gunslinger for the offense. Love it. Love this offense. Love this team. What a year and what a bright future ahead.. regardless of the SB outcome.

Since we beat the Vikes and Packers... 2 teams I really dislike.. and since we already have that blemish of our SB record... I am feeling stress free. :) 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

Well everyone seems to forget we have Sanders, Deebo and Kittle. Not to mention Bourne and Juice if need be. When we pass we're in good hands.

I'm just blown away by how suddenly my opinion of Deebo had changed. Or was it really how sudden he took his own game to another level? 

I keep wanting to pigeonhole him into a strong WR2 category, but maybe I am still short-changing him. :/ 

edit: oh and I also greatly suspect we have a special wrinkle play (seen one before already) for Juice to make a huge pass completion TD in this SB. 

Edited by oldman9er

Very simple. Carefully use the middle of the field in the passing game. Abuse Reggie Ragland in the pass game, be aware of what Mathieu is doing on every play. Frank Clark is not a wrecker. Chris Jones is. Make Jones work in the run game. Deebo is going to be a huge factor along with Kittle and the run game imo. Still have to run the ball a considerable amount to keep the Chiefs off the field.

On defense, keep it all in front nd make the Chiefs work to get down the field. Limit the explosives that turn games and tackle and its a wrap. It will take at least 30 points to beat the Niners.....good luck.

Niners win 31-21

• Like 1