SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I'm just blown away by how suddenly my opinion of Deebo had changed. Or was it really how sudden he took his own game to another level? 

I keep wanting to pigeonhole him into a strong WR2 category, but maybe I am still short-changing him. :/ 

edit: oh and I also greatly suspect we have a special wrinkle play (seen one before already) for Juice to make a huge pass completion TD in this SB. 

Deebo has all the makings of a wr1 in this league. I'd bet if Deebo and AJ swapped teams everyone here would be singing Deebo praises. 

DEFINITELY stressed. It's extremely hard to get to a SB. I know the Pats have made it looked realtively easy the past 15 years or so but these opportunities come around very seldom. We're eight years removed from our last SB appearance. Took us 18 years to get back to one before that. 25 years its been since our last SB win. I really would like us to get #6 before I leave this earth. I feel like we should have been gotten it already...a couple of times. Our lost to the Ravens absolutely crushed me. Never saw this franchise lose a SB before and it sucked soooooooo bad. To the point I'd almost rather not even get there than to get there and lose. 

It would absolutely rip me apart to see us lose another one. I almost don't want to watch it, as strange as it sounds. As kid, watching this team in the 80's and early 90's, I was always nervous but quietly confident for every SB. I just knew we were the better team, better organization from top to bottom in all our SBs. We had that Bill Walsh/Eddie D magic and it was just a different feeling I had going into those SB match-ups. 

Not those same feelings as I got older and we descended from the 'Have's to the 'Have nots. This is a extremely tough match-up for us. I'm not as confident as I was in our last SB match up either. I thought we had a better team than the Ravens. Really believed in that Harbaugh team and it sucked to watch them come out and get dominated early, only to comeback and have a chance to win, get my hopes up....and then fail dramatically. 

Different time, different team....I know. I just want us to somehow pull this off. Don't care how, just want a win. We get #6 and everything after that is icing on the cake for me. BUT I badly want to witness us winning that 6th Lombardi....realtively soon.....like in 11 days.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

DEFINITELY stressed. It's extremely hard to get to a SB. I know the Pats have made it looked realtively easy the past 15 years or so but these opportunities come around very seldom. We're eight years removed from our last SB appearance. Took us 18 years it to get back before that. 25 years its been since our last SB win. I really would like us to get #6 before I leave this earth. I feel like we should have been gotten it already...a couple of times. Our lost to the Ravens absolutely crushed me. Never saw this franchise lose a SB before and it sucked soooooooo bad. To the point I'd almost rather not even get there than to get there and lose. 

It would absolutely rip me apart to see us lose another one. I almost don't want to watch it, as strange as it sounds. As kid, watching this team in the 80's and early 90's, I was always nervous but quietly confident for every SB. I just knew we were the better team, better organization from top to bottom in all our SBs. We had that Bill Walsh/Eddie D magic and it was just a different feeling I had going into those SB match-ups. 

Not those same feelings as I got older and we descended from the 'Have's to the 'Have nots. This is a extremely tough match-up for us. I'm not as confident as I was in our last SB match up either. I thought we had a better team than the Ravens. Really believed in that Harbaugh team and it sucked to watch them come out and get dominated early, only to comeback and have a chance to win, get my hopes up....and then fail dramatically. 

Different time, different team....I know. I just want us to somehow pull this off. Don't care how, just want a win. We get #6 and everything after that is icing on the cake for me. BUT I badly want to witness us winning that 6th Lombardi....realtively soon.....like in 11 days.

Didn't you post on Draftcountdown forums? I remember how mad you were back then when the Ravens won. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

DEFINITELY stressed. It's extremely hard to get to a SB. I know the Pats have made it looked realtively easy the past 15 years or so but these opportunities come around very seldom. We're eight years removed from our last SB appearance. Took us 18 years it to get back before that. 25 years its been since our last SB win. I really would like us to get #6 before I leave this earth. I feel like we should have been gotten it already...a couple of times. Our lost to the Ravens absolutely crushed me. Never saw this franchise lose a SB before and it sucked soooooooo bad. To the point I'd almost rather not even get there than to get there and lose. 

I don't get that theory at all of wishing not to even get to the SB if we are to lose. A playoff loss is a playoff loss however you look at it. Getting to the dance gives you a chance to win it all.

I'm definitely going to enjoy the game one way or another. Will be nervous as usual, but we have a loaded squad top to bottom. Completely dominated the first two games where the scores could have been far worse. The Chiefs are a great team and this game will come down to the 4th quarter, but I have faith in the offense and defense doing enough to get it done! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get that theory at all of wishing not to even get to the SB if we are to lose. A playoff loss is a playoff loss however you look at it. Getting to the dance gives you a chance to win it all.

The two weeks after a conference title game with all of the pre-party of the Super Bowl going on without your team in it when they were at the doorstep, especially if it was a home game, is just the worst. As a fan I always want my boys in the game win or lose. 

Edited by PapaShogun

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm definitely going to enjoy the game one way or another. Will be nervous as usual, but we have a loaded squad top to bottom. Completely dominated the first two games where the scores could have been far worse. The Chiefs are a great team and this game will come down to the 4th quarter, but I have faith in the offense and defense doing enough to get it done! 

A loss is a loss, whether it be the wildcard round, divisonal round, etc. There is only one winner. You don't get extra points for getting to the SB and losing. I take no solace in a loss. Granted, you have to participate in the game to win it so there's the rub...

If you're not the champion than you're lumped in with the rest of the losers. That's how I've viewed it my entire sports life, with any sport. May be a bit extreme to some but that's just how I've always rationalize it.

Will this season be viewed as a success if we don't win the SB?? Before the season, I said us making the playoffs would be a successful year.

BUT now that we've made to the SB after a dominate reg season and we have a legit chance to win it all???

I cant say that I would view this season as a success if we don't win...as crazy as that may sound. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

A loss is a loss, whether it be the wildcard round, divisonal round, etc. There is only one winner. You don't get extra points for getting to the SB and losing. I take no solace in a loss. Granted, you have to participate in the game to win it so there's the rub...

If you're not the champion than you're lumped in with the rest of the losers. That's how I've viewed it my entire sports life, with any sport. May be a bit extreme to some but that's just how I've always rationalize it.

Will this season be viewed as a success if we don't win the SB?? Before the season, I said us making the playoffs would be a successful year.

BUT now that we've made to the SB after a dominate reg season and we have a legit chance to win it all???

I cant say that I would view this season as a success if we don't win...as crazy as that may sound. 

You just said it doesn't matter what round we lose in, a loss is a loss…. So then why would you rather lose before getting to the SB? You get to watch your one or two more times and they at least get to play for the SB. I just have never understood this logic. In the NBA, LeBron gets more killed for getting to the finals and losing than had he not made the playoffs or lost before the finals. Doesn't make sense to me. 

I expected to be competing for a SB by like week five or six of the season. I don't look at as the season being a success or not if we lose. It was a fun season where the team was dominant for damn near the entire time. I would be disappointed if we lose. The Chiefs are the slight favorites but I feel we can definitely compete with them from start to finish. No excuses not to finish this thing off. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The two weeks after a conference title game with all of the pre-party of the Super Bowl going on without your team in it when they were at the doorstep, especially if it was a home game, is just the worst. As a fan I always want my boys in the game win or lose. 

Pretty much. Getting to the game gives you a chance to win it at the end. And the further the team goes in the playoffs, the more we get to watch them! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sherm said:

Not nervous at all. Not saying we can't lose the gm cuz KC is a legit team. I just don't have that feeling like I did last time vs the Ravens. We deserve to be there and we are a complete team. I can't wait for the gm. 

I'll let out my crazy for the game, but I side on the chiefs just being too much in this one. Similar to the Packers game for us, I lean the other way here. I just hate the matchup almost all around. So this is all house money for me. 

I'm of the opinion that is we win, it's more about what the chiefs did / didn't do. They can beat themselves a little

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll let out my crazy for the game, but I side on the chiefs just being too much in this one. Similar to the Packers game for us, I lean the other way here. I just hate the matchup almost all around. So this is all house money for me. 

I'm of the opinion that is we win, it's more about what the chiefs did / didn't do. They can beat themselves a little

More like, if we beat them it will because we scored more points than them (lol) and 100% earned the win. Its our job to overcome the bad matchup.

Sure, their speed on the outside and the deep arm plus the mobility is going to be an issue, but that doesn't mean if the chiefs play a strong game that we have no shot. Difficult, yes, but if we win it will be because WE WON and not because THEY LOST. 

I really think this game will come down to turnovers. We need to force them like we were earlier in the year. a stolen possession or two would be huge. Mahomes runs with the ball in his hands like vick used to (doesn't tuck it), shady holds the ball low like a loaf of bread, those speedy WRs aren't used to getting hit. We will have opportunities to get our hands on the ball.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You just said it doesn't matter what round we lose in, a loss is a loss…. So then why would you rather lose before getting to the SB? You get to watch your one or two more times and they at least get to play for the SB. I just have never understood this logic. In the NBA, LeBron gets more killed for getting to the finals and losing than had he not made the playoffs or lost before the finals. Doesn't make sense to me. 

I expected to be competing for a SB by like week five or six of the season. I don't look at as the season being a success or not if we lose. It was a fun season where the team was dominant for damn near the entire time. I would be disappointed if we lose. The Chiefs are the slight favorites but I feel we can definitely compete with them from start to finish. No excuses not to finish this thing off. 

I'm saying its much easier for me to stomach a playoff loss than a SB loss personally. Majority of the times we've lost in past playoffs, prior to the SB, I wasn't as dejected because I could recognize our flaws and the likelihood of us winning it all were slim. 1990...and maybe '87 were probably the only years I was sincerely shocked we lost in the post-season. Like I felt we were almost locks to win it those years.

This year has been different in that I didn't really believe until later on in the year that we were legitimate SB contenders. But once I bought into our team's ability, it became SB champs or bust for me. Securing the #1 seed and getting that bye further cemented that this needs to be the year. The team being so young and relatively inexperienced to post-season play had me cautiously nervous for the divisonal round and NFCCG. But now, Im just like we need to win this...we've come this far and have looked too dominant doing it.

But I just dont like the match up with Mahommes and that offense. I'm not as confident as I should be I guess....